PDA

View Full Version : What's better? Reading Manga or Watching Anime? Or Both?

Clorox321
09-11-2011, 02:57 AM
I've always been a bigger fan of reading, so I prefer to read the manga than watch the anime's. I have watched anime, but sometimes I just get mad that it's nothing like the manga so I decide not to watch it, so just state your opinion which do you like better. Reading or Watching??:wink:

Chimeratech17
09-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Which is better? Reading a book or watching a movie? They're both good in their own respects.

Logi
09-11-2011, 09:08 AM
I would say both are awesome. Anime because it can integrate new elements and also expand the backstory of some characters (best example is Gozoburo Kaiba who died in the manga while in the anime he survived by digitizing his brainwaves and Pegasus who survived the theft of the millenium eye).
Manga is good because you can read it anywhere. You can also follow the plot better because you can go back to the previous page if you missed something.

Yamiluver01
09-11-2011, 12:29 PM
BOTH!!!!!!!

WolfSpirit456
09-11-2011, 02:22 PM
BOTH!!!!!!!
AGREED! :biggrin:

angel of darknezz
09-11-2011, 06:44 PM
In my opinion, both are equally good.

Also, depending on the method of storytelling one or the other may be more effective. For example, in Princess Tutu a lot of the story is told through dancing. So that would be a seires that would be best animated instead of on manga where there is still art.

(but again, this is just my opinion so feel free to disagree :p)

Stella_Barma
09-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Both are good but sometimes I get angry at the anime -.-;

The anime sometimes cuts out really interesting stuff or they just develop a new bad story from the manga. For instance, in Black Butler the second season was (in my opinion) a disaster, the ending was bad, the new characters were... not bad but just i didn't like how they developed and there were more sexual implications and I feel awkward watching that.
But at the same time, some times the anime does an AMAZING branch off, like the first Full Metal Alchemist season, it was second to the manga, but it was still amazing and I loved it ^_^ So I guess it just depends ^_^
(Just my opinion)

toboexd
07-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Has to be both :)