PDA

View Full Version : The future of Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters...

Josephfrost12
01-30-2012, 06:19 PM
I know that we don't want Capsule Monsters, but some Japanese fans want Capsule Monsters in Japan. Let's think about it and discuss. Will there be a future release of Capsule Monsters in other countries? I'm not saying that I wanted "Capsule Monsters" in Japan, I'm just saying about the future releases. We still love Yu-Gi-Oh!, but not Capsule Monsters. If you don't like to discuss about it, that's fine.

The reason they're not releasing Capsule Monsters in Japan is because they have contract issues with Shunsuke Kazama, the Japanese voice actor of Yugi Muto/Dark Yugi. With the 10th anniversary movie done and released, we don't know how much of that was cleared and if it is possible now for NAS to do CM now that they may have the rights to use Kazama's voice.

ggctuk
01-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah, sure, let them have Capsule Monsters... and then figure out why each Japanese episode is a good 5 minutes longer.

In other words, no.

Josephfrost12
01-31-2012, 04:35 PM
OMG, why are people getting nasty about this?

HolyShadow
01-31-2012, 07:18 PM
People... person... people... person...

Plural... singular... plural... singular...

ggctuk
02-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I'm so nasty on this particular topic <rolleyes.gif>

SupermewX300
02-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Tbh, I like the idea of the game Capsule Monster Chess, it's a nice take on strategic tabletop games. As far as the anime series goes, I have neither the knowledge nor the care to know.

Feball3001
02-05-2012, 03:43 AM
I wouldn't mind a series about Capsule Monsters, if they release it and it has the original yugioh characters I will watch it. I found Capsule Monsters interesting when I read the manga.

Farel
02-23-2012, 05:19 AM
I'm sorry, I'm being confused here... Are we talking about the game? The lowsy american spin off? Season zero where the game was actually present? Or some manga I never heard of?! WHAT?!

Josephfrost12
02-23-2012, 08:01 AM
I finally was able to call NAS again and talk to someone in their marketing department. The marketing department is the group of people that decide what movies or games are most popular, where to sell them and when to make them. The Assistant to the Head of Marketing told me that while the Yu-Gi-Oh! and Capsule Monsters sold very well in the United States, Capsule Monsters did not sell as much in Japan as they had hoped.

They have decided to keep producing different Yu-Gi-Oh! products, such as ZEXAL.. They still have plans with Capsule Monsters, however Capsule Monsters is on hold for the time being but he believes that they will put out a new box set in time for Christmas in Japan to sell.