PDA

View Full Version : Rival Schools: The Forum Game

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Rival Schools Rules

General Rules:
1) Sign ups will go on for 48 hours or until the GM deems it necessary.
2) Players who sign up must choose a power, special attacks, weapon and team (if applicable).
3) No flaming.
4) Players cannot action for other players.
5) If you do not have intentions of signing in regularly to action, then DO NOT SIGN UP.
6) Players ARE NOT ALLOWED to complain about the way the GM resolves actions.
7) top trying to break the game, its the reason these things never last.

Win Conditions
To win you must reduce the enemy teams HP to 0 (in the case of a team battle) or everyone else's HP to 0 (in the case of a free-for-all). Special win conditions might be implemented into certain rounds later on.

Players start off with 100 health points, magic points and stamina points. HP reduces when you take damage, magic reduces when you use any magic ability and stamina reduces when you move or use a stamina ability. Players gain 20 magic and stamina points every turn.

Battling
There are two ways to attack: magic and weapons. There are also some more defensive actions you can take by using stamina points. Players can use one magic ability and one stamina ability per turn. If you don't have enough magic to attack or don't want to waste it, then you can use your weapon and one stamina ability (besides movement or stride). Players can only attack once per turn with either a magic attack or their weapon. Attacks between players (although not mentioned in results sometimes) are delivered simultaneously (if they're in the same room). Thus, double KO's are possible. Players are allowed to PM their actions. Players cannot attack from an adjacent square unless they use a ranged or pull special attack.

Magic
Your main source of damage dealing. At the beginning of each round, the players will choose a power to base all of their magic attacks around. A standard magic attack costs 25 MP and deals 20-35 damage. The player may describe the attack in detail if they wish (this does not change the amount of damage it can deal). In addition to free use of your power to cause normal damage, the player also chooses two Special Attacks. Special attacks use more MP than regular attacks. Special attacks do normal damage in addition to having one the following properties:

1. push: The enemy is sent flying into an adjacent room. If a player attempts to dodge a push attack then they must offer an action for his success and one for his failure. A player moving in from an adjacent room to attack a player who is about to use push on him will succeed in their attack. (Costs: 40MP)
2. pull: The enemy is brought into the same room as the player (must be in an adjacent room). Can be avoided if the enemy player uses Stride to go to another room. If a player attempts to dodge a pull attack then he must offer an action for his success and one for his failure. (Costs: 40MP)
3. immobilize: The enemy cannot move to a different room, but can still attack. (Costs: 60MP)
4. continuous: The enemy takes 5 extra damage every turn for the next 4 turns in addition to regular damage. If an enemy already under the effects of a continuous attack is hit with another continuous attack, then the 5 turn counter is reset. (Costs: 60MP)
5. unblockable: Breaks through the enemy defense if they chose to defend and causes full damage. If the enemy didn't block, they take 10 extra damage. (Costs: 60MP)
6. undodgeable: The enemy cannot dodge the attack. If the enemy didn't attempt to dodge, they take 10 extra damage. (Costs: 50MP)
7. critical chance: Has a 50% chance of multiplying damage by 1.5. (Costs 50MP)
8. ranged: Attacks an opponent in the same or an adjacent room. Can be avoided if enemy uses Stride while in an adjacent room. (Costs: 60MP)
9. warp: Takes user to an area of their choosing. To hit a player that is using warp you must use Stride unless you're already in the same area as them. Players who use warp can atack with magic/weapon before they warp or after they warp. The act of warping itself does not count as an attack. (Costs: 70MP)
10. drain: Heals the user by half the damage caused. (Costs: 70MP)

Weapons
At the beginning of each round players can choose a weapon. They do not have any special properties but can be used to attack while you wait for your MP to recharge. Weapons cause 10-20 damage.

Multi-Target Attack
Players who target more than one other player for an attack get their attack damage RNG'd and spread evenly among the receivers of the attack.

Stamina Actions
Move: Move to an adjacent space. If you plan on attacking an enemy once you arrive at the new area, but they also moved to a new area, then your attack will fail unless you use Stride. Players can only move one area per turn. (Costs: 20 SP)

Stride: Reach an area before your enemy has a chance to escape or leave an area before they use a ranged or pull attack. If someone uses Stride to go to an adjacent area with the intent of attacking another player and the other players is using Stride to go to a different area as well, then the attack from the first player will succeed. (Costs: 50 SP)

Defend: Takes 3/4 the damage you normally would. (Can be used after Move or Stride) (Costs: 30 SP)

Dodge: Has a 30% chance to dodge an enemy attack. (Can be used after Move or Stride) (Costs: 50 SP)

Complete Defense: Takes no damage for the turn. Can still attack. (Costs: 100 SP)

Sneak: The player can PM the GM when they use Sneak so that no one will know their action for that turn beforehand. Players who use Sneak can move one space without having to use Move. (Cost: 60)

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Reserved for some reason

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Might be important later

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-12-2013, 10:25 PM
1. Animex
2. Fenrir
3. Darkphoenix
4. gwtyler

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Sign ups begin now, Monday August 12 11:26 PM. They will go on tiiiiil~ Thursday?

animex75
08-12-2013, 10:47 PM
-signature-

Fenrir502
08-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I sign up

DarkPhoenix
08-13-2013, 03:27 PM
I sign up, I will need the occasional reminder after this first starts but once I get use to posting I should be good.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-18-2013, 11:08 AM
I know its Monday but there is no way Im starting with only 3 sign ups :v.

gwtyler1985
08-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Question: What if we can't actively use magic?

gwtyler1985
08-18-2013, 06:46 PM
I would like to sign up on the provision that I come up with a power that I can use to be successful. I'm rather bad at that apparently...

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Actually, if I don't get any more by tomorrow I think I'll make preparations for round 1.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-19-2013, 10:06 PM
ROLEPLAY
Centuries ago, a pair of very special twins were born in a small village in the middle of nowhere. This village had become well known for the strange activity reported by the occasional passerby. Rumors of sorcery and magic were spread across the land about that strange village, the village that became the birthplace of histories greatest sorcerers.

The teacher continues retelling the story of the first real magic-users again. You swear he does this every other Tuesday. Sure its a great time to get in some sleep before your next class, but sometimes it gets so boring to hear the same story that you would actually prefer to take class. The bell finally rings, signalling the end of Magic History. You think about your class schedule, unless you're mistaken you have next period free.

How will you spend your time? (No battling just yet, sign ups are still open while we get to that.)

animex75
08-19-2013, 11:17 PM
sleep

Fenrir502
08-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Locate the nearest restroom. Crack my knuckles. Proceed

DarkPhoenix
08-20-2013, 02:07 AM
Proceed to the nearest, LIBRARY!

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-20-2013, 10:00 AM
As soon as everyone is out of the classroom, Animex finds a nice quiet corner and starts sleeping again, probably tired from some late night activity or another, or maybe just lazy. The occasional group of students that pass by often comment on what a slacker he is and how he'll probably never even graduate.

Fenrir goes over to the nearest bathroom with the express purpose of cracking his knuckles. The other students look at him with puzzled expressions, he always was a weird one. Afterwards, he comes back out to find DP, who was on her way to the library.
Wanna talk to her?

gwtyler1985
08-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Going to just go to my room.

Taking the scenic route.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Tyler begins walking back to his room. He makes sure to take the path that'll lead him along the balcony with the full view of the schools courtyard. Some first year students are getting some hands on time with some of the schools griffins. He begins to feel nostalgic, remembering his first time with g- "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!". It would seem one of the students has gotten his hand completely bitten off by an enraged griffin. You see the magimedics take him away to the infirmary where they will no doubt sew his hand back on with the finest healing magic in town. What a momentous occasion this must have been for Tyler. He eventually gets back to his room.

Fenrir502
08-20-2013, 03:10 PM
I make small talk with DP. No matter how hard I try, I always steer the conversation to be something she doesn't care about. I weep openly.

gwtyler1985
08-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Playing videogames.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Tyler begins looking for videogames. Unfortunately, videogames do not currently exist at this point in time. The most common pass time for people these days are magic fights, usually done for sport or entertainment. Most of the magic fights that happen in the school are just for fun, but once a year there is a tournament between the two biggest and best magic schools in the world, one of which you are currently attending. Perhaps you'll be able to represent your school this year in the tournament.

What is the name of you school?

DarkPhoenix
08-20-2013, 09:30 PM
As Fenrir begins to weep I decide I've had enough and continue on to the library, because fuck people.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Fenrir talks to DP about his various exploits, none of which she seems particularly interested in. She eventually manages to get away while he's telling her a particularly uninteresting story about the time he accidentally shoved a pixie up his nose and had it stuck inside his head for 2 hours. Fenrir weeps as DP leaves his field of vision.

DP arrives at the library. It is a magnificent sight, thousands upon thousands of books line the walls, finding the right book could take days... if it weren't for the handy contraption invented by a couple of students a few years back. It's a bit odd though, it looks sort of like a wood golem, except... deformed? In any case, you watch as a student walks up to the golem and asks for a specific book. Seconds later the book flies right in front of the girl, who promptly takes it and sits down nearby to read. Even if its not fully sentient, perhaps you could give it a nickname?

animex75
08-20-2013, 10:18 PM
when i wake up, i'll go find a bar or something

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Animex attempts to find a bar, there is none you drunk slacker. This is school, not some cheapass wine house. (I promise we'll start as soon as you guys nickname the golem and name your school :v)

gwtyler1985
08-20-2013, 10:50 PM
This great and prestigious school of prestidigitation shall be henceforce known as...

VIDEOGAME HIGH SCHOOL EPISODE 5

And since there are no videogames, I may as well find a gym so I can practice lay ups until the other kids want to practice magic and kick me out into the hall, where the other kids will want to use magic so they'll send me into a closet.

animex75
08-20-2013, 11:27 PM
disappointed, i'll try to sneak off campus to find somewhere to buy some booze

gwtyler1985
08-21-2013, 12:12 AM
And then I'll go to class out in the toolshed.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-21-2013, 06:51 PM
DP contemplates for a second. A fine being like this deserves a fine nickname. "You shall henceforth be known to me as Professor Oak!"

As she finishes saying this, everyone hears an announcement through the school speakers... I mean the ~MAGIC~ school speakers. "Good day students." says the principal. "As you may know, the annual Rival Schools tournament is coming up. Any students interested in representing our school can go to try outs at the gym after school. I expect our star pupils to be there."

Sounds like the plot. Shall we advance time to try outs?

animex75
08-21-2013, 06:55 PM
sure, i give up on getting booze and head to the gym

gwtyler1985
08-21-2013, 07:34 PM
I might as well go mess with the other students while they try out. Gonna go.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-21-2013, 11:02 PM
The gym is packed with potential members for the team that will be representing your, as of yet unnamed, school at the tournament this year. It seems that to show your physical mettle, you must first answer a series of questions to some teachers.

#1. What are your abilities (Magic, Weapon and Special Attacks)

#2. How well do you work in a team?

#3. Why should we pick you to represent the school?

animex75
08-21-2013, 11:07 PM
1)
power: ice
special attacks:
frostbite - continuous
arctic blast - undodgeable

weapon: glaive

2) pretty well, i guess

3) because i won't supply the ice cream parlor otherwise

gwtyler1985
08-21-2013, 11:19 PM
1)
power: null field (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/antimagicField.htm)
special attacks:
none
weapon: something like this (http://blackcat.wikia.com/wiki/Excelion) only realistic

2) Poorly. Everyone says I screw things up when I'm around them.

3) Because oddly enough, a magic fight gets MORE interesting when we suddenly turn the magic off.

Fenrir502
08-21-2013, 11:47 PM
1) Power: The Grand Highbutt (wizard)
Special attack 1: Assmosis (Drain)
Special attack 2: Rewrite Reality: Gluteus Maximus Hypertrophicus (The target's butt grows to 200 times its usual size) (Crit)
Weapon: A spellbook with infinite pages. You attack by ripping pages out and fireballing them at people.

2) The grand highbutt does not work with other people. Other people work with the grand highbutt

3) *This space intentionally left blank because I need not explain myself to this committee of plebians*

gwtyler1985
08-22-2013, 01:58 AM
Special attack 2: Rewrite Reality: Gluteus Maximus Hypertrophicus (The target's butt grows to 200 times its usual size) (Crit)
Weapon: A spellbook with infinite pages. You attack by ripping pages out and fireballing them at people.

2) The grand highbutt does not work with other people. Other people work with the grand highbutt

3) *This space intentionally left blank because I need not explain myself to this committee of plebians*

So magic that casts spells on people and a book that throws magic flaming paper balls at people...

Please tell me I can fight him with what I have right now.:smiley1:

DarkPhoenix
08-22-2013, 04:44 PM
1)
Power: Fire (Because Ani took Ice :U)
Special Attacks
Fire Daggers (Ranged)
Fury of the Phoenix (Unblockable)
Weapon: Dual Swords (Think Zuko, because any other dual swords look stupid)

2) I don't work well with others.

3) I'unno, it's more fun to watch someone who doesn't play well with others?

gwtyler1985
08-22-2013, 06:34 PM
1)
Special Attacks
Fire Daggers (Ranged)

I object to that statement about anything other than dual dao swords looking stupid. Dual shortswords are just as impressive as are dual machetes, a katana/tachi set, dual kodachi or similar impliments, a similar longsword/broadsword set, and even the classic Drizzt combo of dual scimitars.

animex75
08-22-2013, 07:01 PM
twin swords in general are awesome :V

DarkPhoenix
08-22-2013, 07:10 PM
I object to that statement about anything other than dual dao swords looking stupid. Dual shortswords are just as impressive as are dual machetes, a katana/tachi set, dual kodachi or similar impliments, a similar longsword/broadsword set, and even the classic Drizzt combo of dual scimitars.

I meant the ones showing up on google image search, basically most of what i got was generic RPG swords.

gwtyler1985
08-22-2013, 07:18 PM
My cases for non Dao swords are as follows: Shinomori Aoshi, Drizzt, Anderson, and Jet.

animex75
08-22-2013, 07:19 PM
and Drizzt was pretty damn good with those things

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-22-2013, 09:23 PM
1)
power: ice
special attacks:
frostbite - continuous
arctic blast - undodgeable

weapon: glaive

2) pretty well, i guess

3) because i won't supply the ice cream parlor otherwise

The teachers expressions turn to shock. "You... you wouldn't!"

1)
power: null field
special attacks:
none
weapon: something like this (http://blackcat.wikia.com/wiki/Excelion) only realistic

2) Poorly. Everyone says I screw things up when I'm around them.

3) Because oddly enough, a magic fight gets MORE interesting when we suddenly turn the magic off.
The teachers talk among themselves for a second. "Alright Tyler, we'll give you a shot. Go to training portal number 5."

"Portal 5, go."

1)
Special Attacks
Fire Daggers (Ranged)

"You're the third person to tell us you don't work well with others, so we're sticking you with the other 2."

animex75
08-22-2013, 09:26 PM
watch me

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
"Please make your way to portal 5."

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Our 4 current protagonist converge at portal 5, moments before their physical evaluation. How about some last minute conversation?

animex75
08-22-2013, 09:32 PM
look who else got picked

DarkPhoenix
08-22-2013, 09:36 PM
This should be interesting...also am I the only one with ranged attacks?

animex75
08-22-2013, 09:37 PM
i always find it more fun to freeze people in close range

gwtyler1985
08-22-2013, 11:23 PM
"You know my abjuration only goes a couple of yards out. Though since the stupid majority of wizards tend to be like his royal assness and Mr. White Christmas here, it doesn't seem like too much of a problem until much later."

Fenrir502
08-23-2013, 01:35 AM
I stand outside of Tyler's range and use the eldritch powers of my grimoire to scry his butt and project an enormous image of it where everybody can see it.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Everyone looks at Tylers huge ass.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-23-2013, 09:09 AM
After a short while, one of the teachers, who I shall name Mr. Bangcock, comes over to your group. "Alright, let's see what you four are made of! Any requests for a battle location?"

animex75
08-23-2013, 10:00 AM
i always preferred the arctic

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-23-2013, 11:57 AM
"How about you 3?"

gwtyler1985
08-23-2013, 02:47 PM
I prefer an enclosed space of 20 yards by 20 yards, but I'm fine wherever. I look forward to a decent weapons demonstration with the pair of them and bringing him into my" ... *chuckle* "... sphere of influence. I really must thank him again for giving me a reason to be happy here."

I'd also like to confirm that rule 7 is still in effect and that we are all prohibited from trying to make this game "broken". It wouldn't be fair if it were just me.

Fenrir502
08-23-2013, 04:18 PM
I snicker at Tyler's shame. "SUCH IS THE FATE OF ALL WHO WOULD OPPOSE MY MIGHT! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I continue laughing like a madman for some time, before snapping my fingers. "You there, taskmaster. I should execute you right here for having the gall to consult with these classless buffoons," I open my book to one of its many blank pages. I trace my finger over the page, two sets of numbers appearing as I do so. With a flourish, I tear the page out of the book and cast a spell on it so that it flies through the air to him. "Take note, the battle's location shall be the island at that longitude and latitude. Its dormant volcano surrounded by jungle and swamp makes it the perfect location. The locals make for an interesting hazard as well. It is truly perfect, as expected of me," I croon, snapping my fingers again. As I do so, the second spell on the page I tore out is activated, and Mr. Bangcock soils himself.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Mr. Bangcock walks over to Fenrir, places him on his knee and begins spanking the hell out of him. "LEARN SOME RESPECT YOU STUPID C*NT!" Fenrir is tossed all the way across the room and crashes against the wall. Mr. Bangcock comes back moments later with clean underwear.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-23-2013, 04:36 PM
"What about you, DP?"

gwtyler1985
08-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Actually, I'd like to one more time ask Mr. Fenrir and our GM to refer to my previous (http://forum.ygotas.com/showpost.php?p=1664077&postcount=35) posts (http://forum.ygotas.com/showpost.php?p=1664077&postcount=51) just to make sure there is no problem (http://forum.ygotas.com/showpost.php?p=1664077&postcount=1) with Fenrir's last post. (http://forum.ygotas.com/showpost.php?p=1664077&postcount=59)

DarkPhoenix
08-24-2013, 05:43 PM
A deserted wilderness, preferably lacking trees so as to prevent wildfires, tolerable temperate ranges so no one has an extreme advantage...

animex75
08-24-2013, 06:36 PM
-chuckles-
you're no fun~

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Is the forum stable yet? :V

animex75
08-26-2013, 09:19 AM
yes

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-26-2013, 11:54 AM
"Alright kids, lets see how well you do at adapting!" As he says this, Mr. Bangcock pushes all of you into the portal, and gives Fenrir a kick as a parting gift.

Animex arrives at the Volcano.

DP arrives at the Tundra.

Tyler arrives at the Crumbling Tower.

Fen crashes into the floor of the White Room. (-1 hp)

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/Ninjasplaycardgames2/map_zps5395abb1.png
Volcano (-10 to all ice attacks)
Tundra (-10 to all fire attacks)
Crumbling Tower (30% chance to miss with weapons)
White Room (drain only replenishes health by 1/4 of the damage caused)

Status

Animex
100 HP
100 MP
100 SP

Tyler
100 HP
100 MP
100 SP

DP
100 HP
100 MP
100 SP

Fenrir
99 HP
100 MP
100 SP

FREE-FOR-ALL
LAST MAN STANDING WINS

gwtyler1985
08-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Well there's something. Abjuration, weapons don't work on people, and terrain damage.

I don't think I can actually move from here.

Fenrir502
08-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Would anyone care to party up with me? I vote we all go kill Tyler for his crime of butthubris

gwtyler1985
08-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Except for Fenrir. His weapon never works anywhere against anyone.

Are there any windows in the crumbling tower?

DarkPhoenix
08-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Well shit...

gwtyler1985
08-26-2013, 04:27 PM
If either of you want, I will not attack as you move through if you want to go to your advantageous terrain. I just ask for the same courtesy while you are here since I don't want anyone burning my new drapes or freezing my goldfish.

As for me, I guess I'll just swing around the sides of the tower.

Like Spiderman.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-26-2013, 06:27 PM
You are at the top of the tower, there is no obvious way of getting inside.

gwtyler1985
08-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Yeah, but I don't have to swing around inside.

DarkPhoenix
08-26-2013, 07:17 PM
*Wanders the tundra*

Fenrir502
08-29-2013, 12:38 AM
I move to the tundra. If DP attacks me I retaliate by using my magical wizard powers to stick a hungry live echidna down her pants and relocate an entire bull ant colony to her lower gastrointestinal tract. If she doesn't attack me then I conjure her a fluffy pair of earmuffs that are incredibly stylish and warm but make the wearer smell like butts

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Turn end I guess :v
Results when I get home

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Turn 1: Displeased

Animex goes to the tower where Tyler began. Animex doesn't do anything for the moment. Tyler swings around the edges of the tower.

Back at school, the teachers are observing the match, in a ~MAGICAL~ fashion. "And I thought Fenrir was the dumb one", chimes in Mr. Bangcock.

DP, looks around the tundra. Not much detail has gone into it, must be because its a practice stage. Fenrir arrives and conjures her up some butt smelling earmuffs for her peacefulness.

Back at school, lets introduce another teacher. I'll call her, Ms. Geralyn. "Are these students going to start fighting any time soon?" "I'm afraid the only person of note in this match is Dark Phoenix. She's a grade A student, literally. As for the rest, who knows? One of them is probably legally retarded and another seems to be following in his footsteps." "What about the last one?" "He supplies the ice cream parlor." "I love their ice cream." "Don't we all?"

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/Ninjasplaycardgames2/map_zps5395abb1.png

Volcano (-10 to all ice attacks)
Tundra (-10 to all fire attacks)
Crumbling Tower (30% chance to miss with weapons)
White Room (drain only replenishes health by 1/4 of the damage caused)

Status

Animex
100 HP
100 MP
60 SP

Tyler
100 HP
100 MP
100 SP

DP
100 HP
100 MP
100 SP

Fenrir
99 HP
100 MP
100 SP

STARE INTO THE ABYSS

DarkPhoenix
08-29-2013, 08:56 PM
*breathes through mouth to avoid the smell of ass*

I need to get to the volcano...but to do so I must pass through either the white room or the crumbling tower.

I believe I'll go through to the White Room, -my Duel swords drawn in case I am attacked.-

gwtyler1985
08-29-2013, 09:00 PM
And so the chase is on. Might as well reverse clothesline the next person to come to the tower. I'm sure there's a real name for it, but I'm not sure what it is.

My bad, I was thinking of a lariat.

Ninjasplaycardgames2
08-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Stats fixed

Fenrir502
08-30-2013, 01:50 AM
WHICH ONE AM I IN THE SUMMARY? IT'S THE ICE-CREAM GUY RIGHT?