Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series (http://ygotasforum.com/index.php)
-   News (http://ygotasforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Screw the stupid puns, I'm at Otakon!! (http://ygotasforum.com/showthread.php?t=5192)

Kroze 07-17-2009 01:50 AM

Screw the stupid puns, I'm at Otakon!!

Ah Otakon... you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...
This is where I make this news post from in hopes that this message will get out and people will know how it all went down.
It is in this place that one shall stand and one shall fall!
Here we have the finest merchandise this side of the river Jordan, on sale today, come on down to the Artist Alley!
Stop having boring shirts, stop having a boring life!

This news post and I? We're done professionally!
Live free, die well my friends!

(Authors Note: If you are at Otakon and got all the references in this news post, come to the YGO:TAS booth and see me. If you can name all the references, you will get a free shirt!)

AdmiralAwesome 07-17-2009 01:52 AM

I feel neglected, no conventions of any consequence ever happen in new zealand :(

CowhatNinja 07-17-2009 02:32 AM

I will miss going to Otakon this year...couldn't afford both it AND Comic Con...Also I'm not as insane as you, pulling this ungodly convention circuit. See you at Comic Con! (I'LL BE THE ONE IN THE HAT THAT LOOKS LIKE A COW)

Serial Ulyssicider 07-17-2009 05:32 AM

Bastard! I'm going to give my answers in spoiler tags!
I just like identification games is all.
Won't see anyone, because I am struck down with the same crippling disease as the good admiral.
[ Star Wars, obviously...
Cloverfield, possibly...
Could be from anything, but I'm going to say Highlander.
No idea, I'd probably get it if I wasn't so tired
Ahhhh, Vince with Slap Chop :)
The infamous T4 rant...
Annnnd...probably something Middle-Eastern-ish, or not. Consider it recognised but not, in fact, remembered.
]

Noah Kaiba 07-17-2009 10:27 AM

I have no gas money, no swag money, and no cosplay money. I can't go to Otakon! Maybe next year, Kroze.

potatoman4 07-17-2009 07:57 PM

While you're there remember to say: "Happy Birthday Potatoman. Wish you could be here"

Luxurio 07-18-2009 05:42 AM

say hi to mustang for me and TELL him to go to radcon in pasco washington! PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! or have him to get vic to go

krazrkool 07-18-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serial Ulyssicider (Post 726529)
Bastard! I'm going to give my answers in spoiler tags!
I just like identification games is all.
Won't see anyone, because I am struck down with the same crippling disease as the good admiral.
[ Star Wars, obviously...
Cloverfield, possibly...
Could be from anything, but I'm going to say Highlander.
No idea, I'd probably get it if I wasn't so tired
Ahhhh, Vince with Slap Chop :)
The infamous T4 rant...
Annnnd...probably something Middle-Eastern-ish, or not. Consider it recognised but not, in fact, remembered.
]

:objection:

Close. The actual answers, as disclosed by Kroze himself to me when I visited with my four of seven answers:

1. Star Wars Episode IV "A New Hope"
2. Cloverfield
3. Transformers: The Movie, both in the 1970's animated movie and repeated as an homage to that in the 2007 Michael Bay film.
4. Aladdin
5. The Slap-Chop commercial
6. The Christian Bale on-set rant
7. The Scorpion King

Still, it was a good Otakon and it was nice to finally meet the crew behind the site and episodes. :D

Serial Ulyssicider 07-18-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazrkool (Post 729985)

Close. The actual answers, as disclosed by Kroze himself to me when I visited with my four of seven answers:

2. Cloverfield
3. Transformers: The Movie, both in the 1970's animated movie and repeated as an homage to that in the 2007 Michael Bay film.
4. Aladdin
7. The Scorpion King

Still, it was a good Otakon and it was nice to finally meet the crew behind the site and episodes. :D

Damn...
Ahh well, 4 out of 7 aint bad.
And I was sooo right on the last one.
:p

Seraphim 07-19-2009 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazrkool (Post 729985)

2. Cloverfield
4. Aladdin
7. The Scorpion King

Correction, Transformers: the Movie (that's the name of the animated one, kid) was made in 1986. If Kroze told you that it was made in the '70s, he really does fail.

krazrkool 07-19-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphim (Post 730820)
Correction, Transformers: the Movie (that's the name of the animated one, kid) was made in 1986. If Kroze told you that it was made in the '70s, he really does fail.

Kroze didn't specify the date it was made; I put down my approximation and he didn't correct it. I think he was just pleased that I remembered it wasn't just from the 2007 film.

Seraphim 07-19-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazrkool (Post 731029)
Kroze didn't specify the date it was made; I put down my approximation and he didn't correct it. I think he was just pleased that I remembered it wasn't just from the 2007 film.

I also want to point out that that specific quote he referenced was from part 2 of the pilot movie for the Transformers G1 cartoon (shown in '84), not the movie.

God, I'm such a fan-boy.

silver_fang09 07-19-2009 08:29 PM

It was nice meeting the guys behind the abridged series. Shame LK wasn't there. I wanted to shake his hand at least XD But I did buy a T-shirt, so happy at that -huggles catpult turtle T-shirt- I hope to see you guys there next year, seeing how this was my first year going. Thanks for making it enjoyable.

Keep up the good work.

Have a sign next year! My friends and I spent an hour wandering around trying to find you guys! You blended in to much XD

Raepdog 07-19-2009 08:44 PM

It was nice meeting Kroze and knowing he recognized me post haircut me based on my blue eyes and divinely sculpted cheek bones. It was even nicer that he unbanned me from the chat room after the horrific fascist moderators. Out of all the artist panels there, Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series was definitely the best abridged Yu-Gi-Oh one.

JesusRocks 07-20-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raepdog (Post 731918)
It was nice meeting Kroze and knowing he recognized me post haircut me based on my blue eyes and divinely sculpted cheek bones. It was even nicer that he unbanned me from the chat room after the horrific fascist moderators. Out of all the artist panels there, Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series was definitely the best abridged Yu-Gi-Oh one.

The mods are fascist? O.o

Since when?

fairywings 07-20-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raepdog (Post 731918)

Ahahaha you made my day. Anyone who comes bearing a hand-written note and illustration just to be unbanned has given enough effort, haha. I have a photo for you too, btw.

Raepdog 07-20-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusRocks (Post 732615)
The mods are fascist? O.o

Since when?

When I was a mod I was fascist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairywings (Post 733501)
Ahahaha you made my day. Anyone who comes bearing a hand-written note and illustration just to be unbanned has given enough effort, haha. I have a photo for you too, btw.

Oh cool I'll pm you my email but yeah I knew I was most likely unbanned but I knew what had to be done! Im guessing you were the woman at the booth not the man?

Raepdog 07-20-2009 05:18 PM

Kroze, Friend for Life... Raepdog, Stalker for Life.
Also note that a-whole staff memeber that shushed me away, I should have broke out my LK impression and claimed limeyship.

darkarcher 07-20-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebornZombie2 (Post 726985)

No, Rebbie. Not Shotacon.

Marphos 07-20-2009 05:32 PM

Otakon was fun and what can i say to you guys and gals at the abridged table but.
As You Wish! = I love you

EdBat 07-21-2009 07:57 PM

Heyo bro! Too bad we never saw you with your mask off, you shall forever be a mystery~

In any case, I also saw you last year.

8cissnei8 07-21-2009 07:59 PM

sorry

hey sorry i cant buy anything but ive never actually been to a convention ethier cause i live in a place that you have to squint your eyes and tilt your head too the right to see it.:( it was only put on the map a few years ago. but its my goal to go to one:)

Marphos 07-21-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdBat (Post 737955)
Heyo bro! Too bad we never saw you with your mask off, you shall forever be a mystery~

In any case, I also saw you last year.

Well i do have pics of me without my mask on out there and everyone at the abridged table did see me with my mask off while i was there helping so can ask them also what i look like anyway you might see me again sometime then get to see for yourself.

EdBat 07-21-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marphos (Post 738094)
Well i do have pics of me without my mask on out there and everyone at the abridged table did see me with my mask off while i was there helping so can ask them also what i look like anyway you might see me again sometime then get to see for yourself.

Oh wait I remember now, on sunday. Sorry, I was mainly trying to outrun money grubbing whores.

Marphos 07-21-2009 09:06 PM

LOL which ones? yes i have a picture of the group but my mask was put back on which one was you?
And i was more then happy helping the team out with sales and donating the duel disks for the giveaway.
Need to ask Kroze where he wants me to send the pics also of the winners and the whole group.

fairywings 07-21-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marphos (Post 738166)
And i was more then happy helping the team out with sales and donating the duel disks for the giveaway.

You are like the nicest guy ever for doing all that! You should get a prize, haha.

EdBat 07-21-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marphos (Post 738166)
LOL which ones? yes i have a picture of the group but my mask was put back on which one was you?
Need to ask Kroze where he wants me to send the pics also of the winners and the whole group.

I was the chick in the Zombie hat the first day.

Raepdog 07-21-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdBat (Post 738376)
I was the chick in the Zombie hat the first day.

I was the guy in the attorney at lol shirt, the skinny blond one with the zombie face and stunning bone structure and eyes that say I'm easily approachable and non intimidating while still someone you can relate to.

EdBat 07-21-2009 11:51 PM

No I mean I was sitting there at the booth.

Raepdog 07-22-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdBat (Post 738392)
No I mean I was sitting there at the booth.

Thats a shame I never went there the first day.. you know what this means for Tigercon... A BATTLE* TO THE DEATH!

*Dance Battle