Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series (http://ygotasforum.com/index.php)
-   News (http://ygotasforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ia, Shub-Niggurath! (http://ygotasforum.com/showthread.php?t=4465)

LittleKuriboh 03-01-2009 01:52 AM

Ia, Shub-Niggurath!

Hold your applause!

I know it seems crazy, but yes, I actually managed to update with a new episode in just over a week. You can view it on our episodes page, or at the top of the screen. Be warned, you may laugh so hard you die of asphyxilation.

I don't know if this is a sign of things to come or not. I can't promise to update this frequently all the time, but it would be nice. It just seemed as though the stars were aligned just right this time.

So yeah, feel free to make a sacrifice to the Elder Gods in a vain attempt to make Episode 35 come along faster.

Seraphim 03-01-2009 02:11 AM

Congratz!

sajeev50 03-01-2009 02:31 AM

Twas hilarious, I was wondering how you would make Joey become Steve. xD

GoldenUmi 03-01-2009 08:03 AM

Wow, I can't believe we have two episodes in one week. I'm impressed. Interesting twist on the plot you had there, alot of the stuff I wasn't expecting, lol. Now let's see, the next episode should be the one with joey and yugi fighting, since im sure you wont spend a whole episode doing flashbacks. :D

Mullon 03-01-2009 09:38 AM

Is the faster episode making have anything to do with the way the mouths move faster?

LittleKuriboh 03-01-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mullon (Post 532069)
Is the faster episode making have anything to do with the way the mouths move faster?

If anything, that makes it slower to produce...

The mouths are more in sync with the dialogue now.

Gams 03-01-2009 01:51 PM

The last episode was actually kinda disappointing, but this episode was 70% awesome, 30% Bear Grills.

havefun 03-01-2009 02:06 PM

2 episodes in 1 week = EPIC WIN

Shadowcross 03-01-2009 02:09 PM

Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Titan50 03-01-2009 02:38 PM

Nice one

LittleKuriboh 03-01-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowcross (Post 532174)
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Gesundheit.

moo102 03-01-2009 05:44 PM

Yami doesn't remember "the heart of the cards"??! INCONCEIVABLE!!! :eek:

I loved the ending. "Dammit, I wanted the window seat."

You didn't explain why Mokuba wanted to save Yugi's friends, though. I mean, even Seto (the biggest jerk of all the 'good guys') had a reason to save Yugi's friends in the original version. O.o

Not that I'm angry or anything. I'm just saying.

pirhomaniac 03-01-2009 06:55 PM

Wanker's cramp, the most deadly of British diseases!

GoldenUmi 03-01-2009 07:25 PM

Well I'm just guessing here, but judging from my own work experience we are in the slower parts of the year where often times workers get slightly less hours at their jobs. Thus, perhaps it is simply a matter of LK just has a little more time to work on the episodes compared to back in December when he was in Christmas/New Years hell. Just a guess though.

But really, I really wish people wouldn't post things such as the episode was disappointing, etc. Because I'm sure that's not what LK needs to be reading to produce more episodes >>

YoshiYoko 03-01-2009 07:52 PM

Whewt! Another great episode LittleKuriboh.

I think I got Wanker's Cramp from laughing so much.
...in America. :3

moo102 03-01-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenUmi (Post 532420)
Well I'm just guessing here, but judging from my own work experience we are in the slower parts of the year where often times workers get slightly less hours at their jobs. Thus, perhaps it is simply a matter of LK just has a little more time to work on the episodes compared to back in December when he was in Christmas/New Years hell. Just a guess though.

But really, I really wish people wouldn't post things such as the episode was disappointing, etc. Because I'm sure that's not what LK needs to be reading to produce more episodes >>

Well, he might not need to hear it, but what's the point of getting feedback if people don't say that they didn't like an episode to 'spare his feelings'? Not that I'm supporting the people who just say an episode was 'disappointing'- if you don't like it, then at least say what was 'disappointing' about it!

GoldenUmi 03-01-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moo102 (Post 532452)
Well, he might not need to hear it, but what's the point of getting feedback if people don't say that they didn't like an episode to 'spare his feelings'? Not that I'm supporting the people who just say an episode was 'disappointing'- if you don't like it, then at least say what was 'disappointing' about it!

Well, you do have a point there I suppose. But as you said, instead of just complaining, these people should at least comment on what they didn't like to LK can take these things into consideration. Whether or not he actually changes something is up to him, but at least he'd probably think about it. I just meant that if people complain too much, then that LK would be discouraged to make another video, or at least at a quicker pace.

LittleKuriboh 03-02-2009 03:04 AM

People can say whatever they like about the episodes.

Rydonmower 03-02-2009 08:13 AM

LK, you didn't take that name-changing gag from the user suggestion forum, did you?
Becuase I had a post in there that was very similar to what you used.
Also, who sung the intro?
Thanks in advance.

JesusRocks 03-02-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydonmower (Post 532724)
LK, you didn't take that name-changing gag from the user suggestion forum, did you?
Thanks in advance.

LK doesn't read the user suggestion forum...

leonhart321 03-02-2009 08:53 AM

This sacrifice you speak of, would you like meat, virgins, blood or any mixture of the three?

LittleKuriboh 03-02-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydonmower (Post 532724)
Thanks in advance.

I don't read the user suggestions. Sorry.

And I sung the intro.

Supertigy 03-02-2009 10:39 AM

I'm not quite sure why I liked the Konami hates UD joke so much, but it's one of the few things in the series that's made me actually laugh. It seems like the series has been using too many memes which were never funny in the first place, as of late. Refreshing to have a joke that pretty much only exists within the YGO community.

Titan50 03-02-2009 12:15 PM

I SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE MALIK! I SAID IT AND IT CAME TRUE! HA, FUCK YOU, PEOPLE WHO SAID "DEFINITELYNOTMARIK"!!!!!

Okay, I'm done

LittleKuriboh 03-02-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan50 (Post 532817)
I SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE MALIK! I SAID IT AND IT CAME TRUE! HA, FUCK YOU, PEOPLE WHO SAID "DEFINITELYNOTMARIK"!!!!!

Okay, I'm done

That would've been a rehash of the Alexander Brisbane gag.

Not that I'm averse to rehashing my own material, or anything. :)

Cegem 03-02-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleKuriboh (Post 531997)
So yeah, feel free to make a sacrifice to the Elder Gods in a vain attempt to make Episode 35 come along faster.

Quick somebody get a Fog Machine, a staff with a chicken head on and a guy named Billy, I have the perfect plan!

Titan50 03-02-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleKuriboh (Post 532859)
That would've been a rehash of the Alexander Brisbane gag.

Not that I'm averse to rehashing my own material, or anything. :)

Because you're woth it ;)

moo102 03-02-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleKuriboh (Post 532760)
I don't read the user suggestions. Sorry.

And I sung the intro.

Really?

No wonder you didn't want to do a musical episode... No offense or anything. :p

The funny thing is, though, you didn't sound like a bad singer when you were singing as Yami... XD

ha4pbl 03-02-2009 04:02 PM

Awesome episode, time to watch heroes L8r's

JesusRocks 03-02-2009 04:12 PM

The episode was awesome.

I'm particularly impressed with the speed of its release ^_^

:/ although it had to be when I was away