Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series (http://ygotasforum.com/index.php)
-   Books & Literature (http://ygotasforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Homestuck (http://ygotasforum.com/showthread.php?t=8504)

Bakura136 08-08-2013 04:48 AM

Homestuck

I think it's relatively peculiar that, considering the immense size of its ever increasing popularity, there is no thread devoted to the Multimedia Interactive Webcomic: Homestuck by Andrew Hussie.

It has an expansive fandom which has attained a fair amount of controversy so I figured, anyone familiar with the series may wish to talk about it maybe?

Personally I thoroughly enjoy Homestuck as a whole and all my own experiences with the Homestuck fandom has been very positive 99% of the time, though I believe there have been many negative responses to both the fans and/or the series. What's your opinion on Homestuck?

Mistyskye 08-08-2013 11:29 AM

I'm half way through, and I've enjoyed it so far... but I haven't been reading it lately because of some school stuff I have to do. I plan to catch up with it after I'm done with my Summer work.

Syth 08-08-2013 04:58 PM

I've been reading it since about this time last year.

Fenrir502 08-08-2013 05:08 PM

The greater travesty is the lack of Mayor Appreciation Thread

That Damn Bat 08-08-2013 11:09 PM

It has negative connotations because the cosplayers dress up like trolls and smudge grey paint on everything. That may not seem like a big deal, but if you've ever experienced facepaint (the texture of lipstick) mixed with sweat, its fucking gross and ruins a lot of prints in the artist alley, as well as other costumes.

Syth 08-16-2013 04:31 AM

If you know how to seal the paint, then it's pretty hard to get it all over the place.

YamiYugiFangirl 12-13-2013 10:50 AM

I've been wanting to get into the fandom. I'm just confused as hell by the comics. I want to learn more about it. I've heard its pretty interesting, the first I heard about it was at a Hetalia Day con, where some fans like to cross it over with that show (although I heard those fandoms used to be in a feud).

Mistyskye 12-13-2013 06:00 PM

I've found the best way to read and understand it, it is to just jump in and read... and in other news I've lost my place >:/

Zairak 12-16-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistyskye (Post 1672218)
I've found the best way to read and understand it, it is to just jump in and read... and in other news I've lost my place >:/

...I would like to take this moment to direct your attention to the 'Auto-Save!' button present at the bottom of every single Homestuck comic on that site.

Should you click it, until such time as you click the 'Delete Game Data' button or clear your browser cookies, it'll take you back to the last Homestuck comic you viewed whenever you go back to that website.

Mistyskye 12-17-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zairak (Post 1672329)
...I would like to take this moment to direct your attention to the 'Auto-Save!' button present at the bottom of every single Homestuck comic on that site.

Should you click it, until such time as you click the 'Delete Game Data' button or clear your browser cookies, it'll take you back to the last Homestuck comic you viewed whenever you go back to that website.

Fuck me then for being too stupid to find an 'Auto Save' button, I'll just go die in the corner now.... and maybe be brave enough to find my place...

Zairak 12-17-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistyskye (Post 1672347)
Fuck me then for being too stupid to find an 'Auto Save' button, I'll just go die in the corner now.... and maybe be brave enough to find my place...

Do you recall the last thing that happened? I might be able to link you to more or less the correct strip.

Mistyskye 12-17-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zairak (Post 1672358)
Do you recall the last thing that happened? I might be able to link you to more or less the correct strip.

I can't quite remember... I know John, Rose, Dave, and Jade were god tier. I also think I had started the arc where they introduced Jake and those guys.

Zairak 12-17-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistyskye (Post 1672371)
I can't quite remember... I know John, Rose, Dave, and Jade were god tier. I also think I had started the arc where they introduced Jake and those guys.

Well, here is the strip starting the Act where they introduce Jane and the others.

Mistyskye 12-17-2013 03:15 PM

no... no... wait.. I did some digging and I found my "bookmark" I'm good, thank you though! I'll have to try out the auto save thingy :)

YamiYugiFangirl 01-03-2014 06:54 PM

The auto save doesn't seem to work on my tablet. I've started to read it. It's slow at the beginning, but I'm starting to love it. I also found out my patron troll is Karkat! Whenever I take HomeStuck character quizzes, I always get John as the human kid I'm most like, and Karkat as the troll I'm most like.

Mistyskye 01-03-2014 09:39 PM

hmmm interesting. I've found patron trolls are calculated different ways depending who you ask. Like mine by zodiac is Aradia (I look like her 0.o) but by the "official" way I guess... my patron troll is Eridan. I'm honestly still trying to catch up on Homestuck so all my Homestuck be fuzzy in my head :P

Zairak 01-04-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiYugiFangirl (Post 1673375)
The auto save doesn't seem to work on my tablet. I've started to read it. It's slow at the beginning, but I'm starting to love it. I also found out my patron troll is Karkat! Whenever I take HomeStuck character quizzes, I always get John as the human kid I'm most like, and Karkat as the troll I'm most like.

Perhaps your tablet isn't allowing cookies from the website.

YamiYugiFangirl 01-07-2014 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistyskye (Post 1673402)
hmmm interesting. I've found patron trolls are calculated different ways depending who you ask. Like mine by zodiac is Aradia (I look like her 0.o) but by the "official" way I guess... my patron troll is Eridan. I'm honestly still trying to catch up on Homestuck so all my Homestuck be fuzzy in my head :P

Hmm. Interesting. I looked up a way by adding the numbers of your birthday and stuff. Well apparently my patron troll is Equius, and my zodiac troll is Karkat (and the troll I'm most like according to character quizzes). But my favorite trolls would have to be Eridan and Karkat.

And you look like a human version of Aradia? I think she's a pretty troll.

Mistyskye 01-07-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiYugiFangirl (Post 1673608)

And you look like a human version of Aradia? I think she's a pretty troll.

I'll take that as a compliment... thanks! :thatface:

I'll have to take the troll quiz thingy sometime. Karkat's cool, so I assume you're a cool person then ;)

YamiYugiFangirl 01-08-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistyskye (Post 1673642)
I'll take that as a compliment... thanks! :thatface:

I'll have to take the troll quiz thingy sometime. Karkat's cool, so I assume you're a cool person then ;)

Aw thank you.

This is crazy, but awesome. Today I wrote my first X Reader fic having to do with HomeStuck. It's Merman Eridan X Reader. Reader meets Merman Eridan on a boat ride on the last day of her ocean trip and becomes friends with him. Already I got over 200 views and 20+ favorites on it. It's crazy awesome! I never got this much feedback before. I'm trying to decide if I should continue it or not. If you read it, may I have some feedback? Thank you. http://cartoonprincess15.deviantart....ader-425354304

YamiYugiFangirl 01-16-2014 07:37 PM

I don't mean to double post, but I found out my friend I met at Hetalia Day is hosting a Hetastuck (Hetalia and Homestuck) event in April. I'm excited! Since I already went as Fem Italy to Hetalia Day, I'll go as Fem Eridan this time. Now to find some troll make up. LOL

Mistyskye 01-16-2014 08:52 PM

Ohhhh Fem Eridan, this should be interesting ;)

YamiYugiFangirl 01-16-2014 10:01 PM

Yup. I already got the scarf sewn (we had a deep freeze recently, so I needed to make it now. XD), and the tee shirt decorated. I'm also practicing the "Eridan accent" (where pronounces his w sound twice and his v sounds become w). I can do it pretty good while speaking, but I have a tough time doing it while singing, there's a mini talent show at these events, so I'll use my normal voice while singing. Anyways, I'm excited for this. I cant wwait!

Mistyskye 01-17-2014 04:33 PM

Well good luck!

YamiYugiFangirl 01-18-2014 02:56 AM

Okay so I went to the movies (we saw Frozen, it was awesome), and I had my leftover 3D glasses. Well I punched the lenses off of them and they look like Eridan glasses. Success! Another part of my cosplay complete! I wonder if I can possibly alter one of my extra drumsticks to make a white science wand.

Mistyskye 01-18-2014 10:25 AM

At first I thought you were going to say you would use the red and blue for Sollux eyes/glasses...

Zoosmell Pooplord 01-19-2014 02:52 AM

How did I not notice this thread?

Mistyskye 01-19-2014 07:46 PM

I was wondering how quickly you'd find it XD

And here's a little something I found:
http://s6.postimg.org/8th0kqkhd/image.jpg

Zairak 01-19-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistyskye (Post 1674217)
I was wondering how quickly you'd find it XD

And here's a little something I found:
http://s6.postimg.org/8th0kqkhd/image.jpg

This is clearly fallacious.

Such a proper gentleman as Dad would never allow a single stubble to remain on his face, regardless of the time of day.

YamiYugiFangirl 01-20-2014 04:53 AM

Nice to meet you Zoosmell.