Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series (http://ygotasforum.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://ygotasforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fire Emblem: Awakening (http://ygotasforum.com/showthread.php?t=8242)

eternity 07-29-2012 04:15 PM

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Yeah, new Fire Emblem game.

TheOcean 07-30-2012 02:08 AM

I don't like how it looks like they just took someone else's art and pasted Ike's head on top of it....

ChaosVincent1 08-15-2012 10:33 PM

probably wasn't even the same artist. After all, you should see their version of Miciaih.

Ike and Lyn still look badass in this game nonetheless.

Furthermore, upon reading the support conversation threads, it was revealed to me that the women who play somehow seemed attracted to THIS crazy bastard.
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/r_henry.jpg
Calling him creepy is an understatement!

killshot 04-19-2013 07:34 PM

So now that the game is out, what does everyone think about it? I'd estimate I'm about halfway through and I'm loving it so far. They fixed all my complaints about Radiant Dawn and they added some spiffy new features. Best Fire Emblem since Fire Emblem on the GBA.

eternity 04-26-2013 12:00 PM

[ Paralogue 23 let's you use 30 FREAKING UNITS! HELL YEAH~ ]

ChaosVincent1 05-15-2013 09:47 PM

Sumia + killer lance = A FUCKTON OF CRITS!!!!

She even managed to one-shot Validar on chapter 6, so don't try to claim she's not badass. SHE FUCKIN ONE-SHOTTED VALIDAR FOR ME!!

eternity 05-15-2013 10:42 PM

Wait till you get Cordelia.

killshot 05-16-2013 08:11 AM

Anyone with a killer anything will give you a ton of crits. Why is this surprising?

Cid 06-09-2013 12:26 PM

Critical hits and deadly weapons will save no one. The fell dragon was but the first of many, all of whom shall soon descend upon this realm. Your future will be over and none shall save you.

Lily x 06-10-2013 05:07 AM

I loved this game.
Though the DLC models were really lazy :/

I have completed it on normal and have nearly done it on hard. It is the best 3DS game I own :3.

The ending gave me feels

I mean, the bit after the credits when you are in the field again made me nearly cry ;-;. In nearly cried at the end of the Emmryn side story when she tells Lissa not to cry.

My avatar Married Stahl on the first playthrough and Gauis on the second and I managed to get Chrom to marry Olivia on my hard run, which means Lucina and Inigo have epic stats. Though I reccomend making Olivia a Myrmidon/Swordmaster.

I always Put Henry and Tharja together as they are both beautiful but creepy and are a match made in heaven <3.

eternity 06-10-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Though I recommend making Olivia a Myrmidon/Swordmaster.
Wait, why? Train up Olivia enough, and she can become a Dark Flier.

Inigo + Galeforce.

Lily x 06-10-2013 03:20 PM

I know galeforce is epic but I found her more useful as a swordmaster in the longrun, personally.

Ebilkittyprincess28 06-10-2013 04:23 PM

YES YES HENRY AND THARJA~

killshot 06-10-2013 04:30 PM

Galeforce is too broken. I try to stay away from it on most characters. There are more interesting skills to pass on anyway.

Headlessfangirl 06-12-2013 11:37 AM

Gah, I'm loving this game.

I'd marry Henry myself if he and Tharja weren't so friggin' perfect.::3:

eternity 06-12-2013 09:44 PM

I'm personally trying to pair off everyone.
Multiple playthroughs, different marriages. Fun times.

[ *Kicks Stahl for being so God damn slow* ]

Ebilkittyprincess28 06-13-2013 12:58 AM

I need to get back to playing.

I play on Casual Mode 'cuz I'm too much of a coward to play on Classic Mode

Lily x 06-13-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebilkittyprincess28 (Post 1651763)
I need to get back to playing.

I play on Casual Mode 'cuz I'm too much of a coward to play on Classic Mode

My brother does too. I feel annoyed because when someone dies on a level for him he says 'oh well' as he gets them back but I have to ragequit and start over.

Finsihed the game on hard yesterday, yay. I have a few DLC missions to do now (those really hard rouges and redeemers ones)

ChaosVincent1 06-16-2013 10:31 AM

MWAHAHAHAHA!!! I am going to make Gerome into the most game-breaking melee fighter ever. I already paired Cherche with Donnel. First, I'd like to level-grind enough with cherche to make her pick up swordbreaker. Then, I'll try to reorder Donnel's skill list to put Aptitude on bottom so Gerome can inherit it. Recruit, Take Gerome through Fighter, Hero, and Gryphon Rider to rack up the skills (and level-ups)

Aptitude, Swordbreaker, Sol, Axebreaker, Lancebreaker

killshot 06-16-2013 10:36 AM

Why have Sol if you are pretty much guaranteed never to be hit?

ChaosVincent1 06-16-2013 07:38 PM

I don't know about those pesky mages and archers and Grima. They might still land a hit or two.

Ebilkittyprincess28 08-26-2013 03:10 AM

So when I wanna build up support relationships I use chapter 2

the enemies are weak enough that units won't get KO'd

Helps with building up Olivia's level to 10 so I can change her class to Myrimadon as quickly as possible.

And in my current file I paired her with Gaius. God those two are a powerful pair

Assassin and Swordmaster

I also make Virion a Bow Knight so he can defend himself close range

eternity 08-28-2013 01:35 PM

I'm trying to get all the "love confessions" on my own. This recent playthrough, I'm using a female avatar, but I don't know who to marry. Any ideas? I've paired my avatar with Chrom & Lon'Qu, and I don't want to do Donnel.

killshot 08-28-2013 02:19 PM

Stahl's a pretty cool dude.

zsil 09-06-2013 11:30 AM

Whats wrong with Donnel??

Ebilkittyprincess28 09-06-2013 12:13 PM

Frederic?

I have all the child characters now and have them paired to S rank

Poor Brady is forever alone though

eternity 09-06-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsil (Post 1665624)
Whats wrong with Donnel?

I don't like that pot. ¬.¬

Ebilkittyprincess28 09-06-2013 10:26 PM

Donnel is kinda difficult to recruit too considering he has to gain a level to be recruited and he's doesn't exactly have the best stats so he can easily get killed in the process gaining experience.

If I make another save file I'm gonna pair Olivia with Donnel and I'll switch to Gaius before she S supports with Donnel. Like just to compare who's better for her to support with.

ChaosVincent1 09-09-2013 11:15 PM

Donnel is like the Magikarp of this game... He can go from constantly needing a babysitter to dominating everything in his path. (I honestly started reducing my number of characters used during actual chapters, and I'm finding that I don't ragequit as often from the weaker members of my army suddenly dying. Game Breaker Gerome and his wife Lucina are one pair I always bring along.)

Ebilkittyprincess28 09-10-2013 12:17 AM

I wonder if I could eventually solo chapters with just Olivia and Gaius by maxing out their stats through second seal resetting.

If not chapters themselves then at least challenge fights that pop up on the map, either automatically or through Reeking Boxes

Actually since Chrom is required in every chapter then I could probably solo with him and Female!Robin