Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series (http://ygotasforum.com/index.php)
-   Television (http://ygotasforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Avatar: The Last Airbender (http://ygotasforum.com/showthread.php?t=70)

GreyFox 10-30-2007 02:32 AM

At the end, is it Sozins Face.

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 03:25 AM

Yeah, probably

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 03:28 AM

The previous post was supposed to reply to your first one. I do think that face at the end will have significance but are you sure it's Souzen's? I don't think it looks like him.

GreyFox 10-30-2007 11:25 AM

I think it is. I think it would be clever. Ko only made a 3 minute Cameo in that episode and added that Sly, "We'll meet again". I think, although at the minute he seems kindof insignificant, I think it would be cool if he turned out to be the most important Bad Guy. Like Snake in the 6th Harry Potter or sumthing.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 12:53 PM

O.o
really? I never even paid attention to that part....
I'll have to rewatch it

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 01:50 PM

I actually expected him to come back sometime from that epsiode too, I totally agree. I do think he'll do something before the end. The time he says he stole the face of someone Ang's past life loved I thought 'omg he's going to try to steal katara's face' but I really hope that doesn't happen because it's not original, it's cliche, and it will turn Aang emo which I'm tired of seeing.

But I don't think it will happen because unlike Harry Potter, I have never been able to perfectly predict avatar, which is one of the main reasons I like it, the creators are very creative and original.

Harry Potter Book 7 was so predictable I could cry.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 01:51 PM

Actually, I have found many similarities between Avatar and Harry Potter
so many its almost as if they creators of Avatar actually read HP

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 01:56 PM

I do compare Avatar to Harry Potter in some cases. I just said Harry Potter in book 7 was predictable. Avatar and Harry Potter are one of those select few that are acceptable into the anime community like invader Zim.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 01:58 PM

O.o
getting off topic....
anyway: Do you believe there will be a season 4? I would love it if there were, but if Aang is killed, or if Aang wins, would there even be a point in having another season?

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:09 PM

Considering they're going for a 4 elements book thing, it would be very anti-climactic to end with book 3. I always thought that there should be a book 4 or something because I feel the Avatar saga can't end just because the fire lord is gone. I mean honestly, this a 100 year war, all of the other nations had 100 years worth of deaths and casualities. Just because the firelord is gone doesn't mean that the rest of the world is suddenly going to forgive the fire nation. There needs to be a restoration period.

My friend says, whether by his beliefs or official announcement I don't know, is that this is the last season with our current protagonists, season 4 will be in the futture or past with different characters. I don't know how that will go.

There will be something after book 3, whether another season, movie or special idk.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 02:11 PM

I HOPE there will be!
but whether Aang lives or dies will be a major part of whatever the 4th thing will be....I can only hope it will be as good as the original series

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:12 PM

I wil say for the fire nation is that one of the reason's why it's so great is that the villians aren't the entire fire nation, just the officials, which makes the stories for the rest of the civilians so interesting to think about. What about the families of the soldiers that were used for the "bait" division? It's really interesting.

I could go on another HP/Avatar rant now but I won't.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 02:14 PM

well, I tend to see the human side of all villians, so I actually don't want them all to die....
Imagine how it would be if Aang died? Would there be another Avatar after him?

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:15 PM

I hope so too. It'll really be sad if they fall apart at the end (omg HP references coming up all over the place), good series tend to get better over time, which is how I feel about Avatar. I am slightly annoyed that up to ep. 9 in season 3 it seems like nothing happens, just character developement, but they are really good episodes and I enjoy them. So far they have my confidence until they fail.

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:17 PM

As long as he's not in the Avatar state. I don't think Aang will die, and even if he does, it won't be on screen or obvious. I don't think any of the villians necessarily need to die either, just be defeated.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 02:17 PM

but you didn't answer my question! >.<
would the avatar line continue if there are no more airbenders?

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:26 PM

ooh good question. I have no idea, I guess it'll continue until it gets back to airbenders, whether they ressurect in that time idk, how does becoming a bender work anyway? I've always wondered and I've never gotten an answer. Is the bender ability genetic? Is it luck, what is it?

Actually whether the airbenders come back or not i think the avatar cycle will continue because being the avatar is not genetic. So he'll be able to airbend even if no one else can.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 02:28 PM

But how would he/she learn how to airbend with no master to learn from?
and on the Avatar official site, I think the question was answered that bending was a dominant trait, but not necesarily genetic in all cases

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:32 PM

Masters are useful but if you have the ability and practice it you can get better. I see where that owuld be a disadvantage. That other thing I think it would be a shame to end the series without explaining, there should be some kind of solution to the 'no airbenders' situation, but when you think about it no matter what they could do to somehow magically bring them out of extinxtion is too cliche.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 02:34 PM

yeah, whether Aang lives or dies at the end, the creators will still have to answer these...
Kinda sounds like Harry Potter again :P

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:37 PM

I know, exactly.

Man I wish episode 10 would come out.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 02:40 PM

What I don't get is this:
the next episode is the day of black sun, when firebenders cannot bend (but only for like 10 minutes). How does Aang plan to defeat Ozai in 10 or so minutes? For that matter, how can it be the day of black sun already? Its only on episode 10!!!

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:43 PM

That's why it's going to fail. It has to fail because we're only half way through the series. Then again, I've said I've never been able to predict avatar perfectly so who knows.
And how do you know it's only 10 minutes? Maybe the creators with break physics or somethings. Also, it's a tv show, 10 minutes can fill a whole episode or 2, because lord know they can stretch the 10 seconds before a bomb explodes into like 5 minutes.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Also, it's a tv show, 10 minutes can fill a whole episode or 2, because lord know they can stretch the 10 seconds before a bomb explodes into like 5 minutes.
thats true, but I would get kinda annoyed if they went all "24" on us....
and I'm pretty sure Sokka said on a recent episode that the eclipse wouldn't last that long
>.>

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:49 PM

Are you sure? I don't remember that.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 02:53 PM

I'm trying to find it now
>.>
<.<

But I distincly remember SOMEONE saying something like: "blah, blah, eclipse blah....only 8 minutes, blah....."

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 02:59 PM

Nope, defintely don't remember that. If someone did it wuld have to be in season 3 because I've seen every episode from 1 and 2 at least 4 times. If it happened during painted lady that makes sense because I didn't pay much attention to that.

I sure hope Zuko actually does something though, or at the very least Iroh should break free or something.

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

If it happened during painted lady that makes sense because I didn't pay much attention to that.
me neither... *rewatches*

I think Iroh will break out, and help Zuko search for Ursa

Fir3freak 10-30-2007 03:10 PM

Eh? Ursa?

PhantomFan 10-30-2007 03:12 PM

Ursa = Zuko's mother :P
the creators said that Zuko would go look for her at some point during this season