Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series (http://ygotasforum.com/index.php)
-   Naruto - The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show (http://ygotasforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Why does LittleKuriboh need MasakoX's and Vegeta3986's permission? (http://ygotasforum.com/showthread.php?t=4648)

YoungThundercat 04-08-2009 07:24 PM

Why does LittleKuriboh need MasakoX's and Vegeta3986's permission?

At the end of the video, he writes "[Thanks to masakox and Vegeta3986 for letting me do this]". Why does he need their permission to make a Naruto parody (especially when when he can clearly make better parodies than they can)?

Demon Marik 04-08-2009 07:29 PM

because it was thier parady and i think it has something to do with the stupid copywrite laws

TPishek 04-08-2009 07:57 PM

Well, it's polite, isn't it? I figured it was just out of courtesy, since he, as a well-established parodist, was pretending he was about to start directly competing with other well-established parodists.

eternity 04-13-2009 06:01 PM

I believe it's because MasakoX and Vegeta3986 originally had ownership on Naruto: The Abridged Series.

Akrog 04-14-2009 10:57 PM

He didn't NEED their permission. It was just a polite thing to do. The episode is a bit hostile towards Naruto Abridged, it ridicules many of the jokes (Sasuke being an emo, irrational hatred towards Sakura, One Piece reference, etc). If he didn't ask for their permission, he'd seem like an egotistical prick.

Jijuro 04-30-2009 03:50 PM

Well, it's a matter of showing respect towards the other parodists.
He also did that reference with Tristan, Serenity and the Computer when they were watching "Naruto the Abridged Series" on YouTube. The Voice of Naruto was definitly Masako or Vegeta, so he had their permission AND some help.
They and LK aren't rivals or something, and LK didn't really want to make his own Naruto-Parody, it was just an Aprils-Joke, so i think the N:TAS-Team wasn't really afraid of having a competition.
So he didn't NEED their permission, but like Akrog said, if he didn't ask for it, it'd been some kind of disrespectful behaviour towards other parodists.
Btw: i like N:TAS, not as much as YGO:TAS, but it's good after all. But LK's Naruto-Parody is MUCH BETTER in my opinion.

xsinvurt 04-30-2009 04:02 PM

i think its because there all friends and naruto is there show and he was being nice :)

Jijuro 04-30-2009 04:09 PM

well said =) that's the same i tried to convey, but i think there's no need for more words =)

Thunder God Cid 05-06-2009 10:04 PM

It's not like they own the rights to spoof Naruto.

onidragon 05-20-2009 02:36 AM

Because he was polite, that's why.

doomsdaymesenger 05-27-2009 03:50 PM

A) Fan girls and fan boys would attack him if he didn't.
B) To be polite.
C) to keep the abridged war fiction...........JK

Chicknwings 07-29-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungThundercat (Post 567156)
At the end of the video, he writes "[Thanks to masakox and Vegeta3986 for letting me do this]". Why does he need their permission to make a Naruto parody (especially when when he can clearly make better parodies than they can)?

*looks at the topic tittle* Yeah, for some reason that makes me think he hates Masako for some reason. Wonder why?

OT: I don't think that it's a matter of why he did it or not, but I do think that it's to show that he respects both of them as individualist, not that they abridged a series based off of one of the worst animes ever.

Viper619 08-03-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicknwings (Post 753152)
*looks at the topic tittle* Yeah, for some reason that makes me think he hates Masako for some reason. Wonder why?

Awesome dude, though i'm not sure if calling someone masacock is such a bad thing. Could be referring to size??? :p

paradox295 09-25-2009 03:55 PM

Am I the only person on this forum who prefers the original NTAS?

eternity 09-25-2009 10:34 PM

*shrugs* I dunno.

Artix 09-26-2009 10:41 AM

He doesn't need it... But he's just being overly apologetic/thankful LK as always.

Also, above poster, Nephee is awesome.

Above above poster, you are, and that's cause you have Family Guy humor.

Eia 09-27-2009 11:39 PM

Because it's a parody of a parody of Naruto.

The parody of the parody being LK's, and the original parody being Vegeta and Masox's. Get it?

paradox295 11-05-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eia (Post 873732)
Because it's a parody of a parody of Naruto.

The parody of the parody being LK's, and the original parody being Vegeta and Masox's. Get it?

Exactly. Also, OP, it you like Dragon Ball Z abridged. You might wanna take back that Masacock comment :squintyface:

Amelia 11-23-2009 11:54 AM

Why does LittleKuriboh need masacocks and Vegeta3986s permission

Why does so much people hate Naruto, the show? Ive been all around the web and people tend to argue a lot over how Bleach is better or how Naruto has a stupid plot. Can someone explain to me why this is so? Why does so much people hate Naruto so much?

MrsSallyBakura 11-23-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelia (Post 945793)
Why does so much people hate Naruto, the show? Ive been all around the web and people tend to argue a lot over how Bleach is better or how Naruto has a stupid plot. Can someone explain to me why this is so? Why does so much people hate Naruto so much?

Because they have opinions or something.

I mean... if something is very well-liked, it's also going to be very well-hated because people are different from each other and the more something gets around, the more likely people are going to have an opinion on it, and there's a chance of them either liking it or hating it.

Also I really wish that I had the power to edit the title of this thread because masako is a nice guy and shouldn't be called that. :(

eternity 11-23-2009 09:34 PM

1 ~ I edited the title for you, Sally.

2 ~ Speaking from a Naruto fan, I would say it's the multiple flashbacks, lame catchphrases ("BELIEVE IT!") and the characters. :/

ThePRPD 11-23-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelia (Post 945793)

Maybe it has to do with a certain part of the fan base.
I used to be a fan of Naruto but I was losing interest in the series and I was getting tired of the fillers being so long.

It was like around 120 or maybe 170 of shippuuden I stopped watching the anime. It was about 5 or 10 episodes after Naruto, Sakurai, and Sai(was that his name) fought two of the Akatsuki members.

DannyLilithborne 11-24-2009 12:08 PM

I'm not a fan of Naruto because the anime is terribly drawn and stretches regular moments into epic bongfests, and the manga has all the political nuance of a George Lucas screenplay.

LimeyLady483 07-01-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradox295 (Post 869768)
Am I the only person on this forum who prefers the original NTAS?

Probably. It had its moments but isn't anywhere as good as what LK produced. They have more episodes out, and aren't half bad, but still.

LimeyLady483 07-01-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePRPD (Post 946534)
Maybe it has to do with a certain part of the fan base.
I used to be a fan of Naruto but I was losing interest in the series and I was getting tired of the fillers being so long.

It was like around 120 or maybe 170 of shippuuden I stopped watching the anime. It was about 5 or 10 episodes after Naruto, Sakurai, and Sai(was that his name) fought two of the Akatsuki members.

I agree. Naruto isn't a bad anime and has a really large fanbase, larger than most. But its just that Bleach and Naruto are different, regardless of whether one is 'better' or not. I personally prefer Bleach because of the Supernatural Element, and enjoy the sword battles. Some how, Bleach seems to have more depth. But the plot is very complex and tends to confuse sometimes, where-as Naruto is basic, some prefer this.