Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series (http://ygotasforum.com/index.php)
-   News (http://ygotasforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I hate paperwork (http://ygotasforum.com/showthread.php?t=7560)

LittleKuriboh 07-08-2011 09:18 AM

I hate paperwork

The title of this post has nothing to do with anything, it's just the first thing that came to mind at this moment.

So for those of you living down under in Australia, you'll be moderately anxious to hear that I'll be flying out there (30 hour trip!) next Tuesday, touching down in Sydney on the Thursday afternoon. What happened to Wednesday? I like to think it went the same place as the Walt subplot in Lost. A pocket of subspace where forgotten plot threads go to die. Or maybe it's a time zone thing, who knows.

I've probably mentioned already, so I'll make this fast - SMASH! in Sydney is happening July 15th at the Sydney Convention Centre, and AVCon is happening July 22nd to the 24th at the Adelaide Convention Centre. Big up to those cons for bringing me over, I'm super thrilled - and for those of you fans attending, you'll be guaranteed to see some new material!

Also, I'd like to thank helixD for personally going to Anime Expo and promoting Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged like the trooper he is, as well as TeamFourStar's Takahata101 for braving the masses and performing endless Nappa/Dartz/Rower quotes.

So let's try and get a discussion happening, too. If you were to cast a Hollywood live action YGO movie, who would play the roles? I'd want Chris Parnell as Yami and Will Arnett as Kaiba. JUST SAYIN'.

eternity 07-08-2011 05:57 PM

I want Veronica Taylor to play Tea, since she's such an awesome voice actor. <3

Kiwizoom 07-08-2011 08:45 PM

Hmmm, young Martin Short as Yugi, but switches to Sylvester Stallone for Yami. I think Anna Faris would do a semi-decent job of an excitable slightly annoying Anzu. I don't know who would make a great Kaiba, but I think Justin Bieber would be good for Mokuba on account of all the general lameness. I only seem to know old actors though, very little good new meat.

TheOcean 07-08-2011 08:48 PM

Pegasus J Crawford needs to be played by Tilda Swinton.

SiriWesen 07-09-2011 05:13 AM

Till Schweiger has to be Bandit Keith. (but i don't know, if he ever played in a Hollywood movie... I just think it would be funny to see him as Bandit Keith... in America )

onelittleorange 07-09-2011 08:43 AM

I think that Danny Devito could play Grandpa:D Crocodile Dundee does a good Jack Atlas and Scarlett Johansson would make a perfect Mai Valentine. Oh and one other thing isnt smash on july 16th not 15th?

Kiwizoom 07-09-2011 06:38 PM

Second on Danny Devito

YG117 07-10-2011 01:23 AM

I remember Beckett Yugioh collector came out with a thing on who would play live action Yugioh characters.
I can't remember them all (I think Haley Joel osment was Yugi, Amanda bynes was Anzu)

But the onthat stuck out to me the most was Kevin Spacey as Pegasus.

And ever since then I have always associated Kevin spacey and Pegasus as one.
(They even photoshopped him to look like Pegasus)

Xanadu 07-12-2011 01:17 AM

Reb Brown as Bandit Keith

AnimeInAeternum 07-16-2011 04:39 AM

You know, while re-watching Tru Calling a few months ago I couldn't help thinking that Shawn Reaves (who plays Harrison Davies) would make a really good Joey Wheeler. Mostly because, in the show, he's got the accent, and the blonde hair, and is a bit of an idiot, and gets into fights frequently, and gambles, and is always trying to look out for his sister..... So he basically is Joey Wheeler.

onelittleorange 07-17-2011 07:06 AM

oh what about christian bale playing bakura:D

Magnus Skaarsgard 07-20-2011 03:58 PM

Alan rickman as bakura

Magnus Skaarsgard 07-20-2011 03:59 PM

and Jennifer Coolidge as Mai

redconvoy 10-11-2011 12:17 AM

I know this is late from July, but I always said that the guy who plays J.R. Chandler from All My Children should play Seto Kaiba. He may not be that tall, but he could pull off the character fine.

KuchikiFan101 10-30-2011 06:13 PM

I think Mel Gibson would make an exalent Kiba. just saying. :0

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies 11-09-2011 01:00 PM

All work and no play makes gcar a dull girl