Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series (http://ygotasforum.com/index.php)
-   Technical (http://ygotasforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Death Ray (http://ygotasforum.com/showthread.php?t=6591)

Ostinato 05-26-2010 02:28 PM

Death Ray

I bought one of those build-it-yourself Death Rays from the Home Depot, but I've stumbled into a few roadblocks. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

1. The particle accelerator makes a clicking noise. The manual makes no mention of this. Is this normal?

2. The photon capacitive bridge is showing up as "Disconnected - Please Re-connect" on the LCD panel. I've connected it as firmly as I can, but the error just won't go away. What am I supposed to do?

3. The flux-induction motor locks up sometimes. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen. That, and the LCD panel says, "WARNING: MOTOR LOCK". How do I prevent lock-ups?

4. The auto-zoom scale is fixed to 1M X magnification. The manual doesn't tell me how to change it. This seems like a pretty trivial feature, maybe I'm just not "getting it". How do I zoom in and out?

5. I think the induced magnetic field is a bit too overpowered. At 25% power, a bunch of my tools flung themselves and stuck to it. I can only imagine what would happen at max power. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance guys. I've been working on this for 2 weeks now, and I just don't know what to do. I've already tried calling the Help and Support line listed on the manual, but they always put me on hold. And, when I do get a hold of someone, they transfer me to someone else, which entails more waiting and more call transferring.

JesusRocks 05-26-2010 02:58 PM

Delete System32

Alternatively... contact the US Air Force... they seem to be developing a death ray with a little more success than you...

Fat1Fared 05-26-2010 03:02 PM

Have you pushed CTL ATL DELETE?

Ostinato 05-26-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat1Fared (Post 1189504)
Have you pushed CTL ATL DELETE?

Strangely enough, it runs on FreeBSD.

gwtyler1985 05-26-2010 03:53 PM

That explains a lot...

TitanAura 05-26-2010 04:41 PM

You wouldn't have this problem if you had used Linux in the first place.

Shyn 05-29-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostinato (Post 1189487)
1. The particle accelerator makes a clicking noise. The manual makes no mention of this. Is this normal?

Perfectly normal. That's just the mini black holes evaporating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostinato (Post 1189487)
3. The flux-induction motor locks up sometimes....

I just thought this was kinda ironic, since a very common type of AC motor is called an induction motor, and (like all motors) they utilize magnetic flux.
(maybe you knew this and weren't just trying to throw out jorgony type words? heh..)

Ostinato 05-30-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shyn (Post 1192538)
I just thought this was kinda ironic, since a very common type of AC motor is called an induction motor, and (like all motors) they utilize magnetic flux.
(maybe you knew this and weren't just trying to throw out jorgony type words? heh..)

Aha!

*edit* (Since youtube embedding isn't working, I'll just link the video here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw

Now excuse me while I go fiddle with my Tesla coil.

Shyn 06-01-2010 07:34 AM

haha. Awesome. So you saying you're an engineer, too?

Compter engineer, myself. : )

Ostinato 06-01-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shyn (Post 1195615)
haha. Awesome. So you saying you're an engineer, too?

Heh, yeah.

You were correct in that the jargon wasn't actually too jargony.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shyn (Post 1195615)
Compter engineer, myself. : )

Well, that's a change for once, I get the impression that I'm surrounded by artsies on these forums.

JesusRocks 06-02-2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostinato (Post 1195702)
Heh, yeah.

You were correct in that the jargon wasn't actually too jargony.

Well, that's a change for once, I get the impression that I'm surrounded by artsies on these forums.

Technically I'm a lawyer :V