Thread: Kick Ass
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Spoilers again:

[ Yeah, I do agree that Kick-Ass needed to do a bit more before Hit girl and Big Daddy stole the show. I also thought the showdown with Red Mist was handled better than the comic. I liked the part in the comic where Kick-ass taunted the thugs into beating him out of his chair and using the chair as a weapon. The jet pack was cool, but his fight in the comic showed more character development. He actually seemed like a badass near the end of the comic, but in the movie I thought he didn't really improve at all. ]

I still appreciate that the movie did things differently and liked both versions equally well. A lot of the comedy was improved by the actor's great delivery and I think the actress that played Hit girl deserves a fucking medal. Sadly, I don't think this movie will do well. The audience that I saw the movie with all seemed to love the movie, but I don't think a lot of people will give it a chance. I was also upset about Roger Ebert's negative review of the movie. I respect his opinions, but I just don't think he "got" this movie. In any case, I may end up seeing this movie a second time while its still in theaters. Its been a long time since I found a movie I liked this much.