View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles1 View Post
I agree, shooting animals and people is bad. But paper targets and Clays are awesome

I recently purchased a G36c as my first airsofting gun. All I need to do it source a battery and it's good to go. I'm also getting an EOTech holo sight, 4x scope, Foregrip and Tac-light for it. Also also getting a Deagle pistol and AK74 airsoft guns in January. We should meet up and go airsofting sometime

The pistol is a legal middle ground, due to UK gun law technicalities. It comes under both a Blank firing gun (no license needed) and a Realistic imitation firearm (UKARA license preferred, but not completely necessary) so technically you can own it with a license, but what with real handguns being banned and it going bang the police get very jittery with them, no matter how legal they are. Hopefully I'll own it in the near future
I realise, I probably sound like one of those pretentious, holier than now types in regards to whole finding shooting animals 'distasteful' and guns 'repugnant', but meh, I do not care. lol

In regards to ownership of guns themselves, well having worked in Westminster as a Liberal, I know all about them because our members moan about these laws all the time. As a person, I would not cry if they disappeared from the pages from history, along with drugs...etc but as a Liberal I realise the Law has to take a realistic stance, so while I am no where near in favour of legalisation and think one only has to look at the USA's woeful releglisation in the 70's to see how that fucked them up, even now, with gun regulation stronger again, they have never been able to undo the damage caused by Regeen and his redneck friends. However, I generally think the UK's laws are ok; AKA outlawed in most areas, but usable in reasonable locations, certain guns completely outlawed, licensing for 'all' legally dangerous firearms...etc I would make a few things stricter like making it mandatory to own a license, even if it only fires blanks. I would also give things like airsoft their own clear set of regulations as currently they are 'quasi' covered under other laws and so it is all very messy.
This is just to make it easier on the owners and the police in terms of clarity over their obligations and beaches of those obligations. Plus it makes it a little harder for those trying to convert blank firers.

I would be up for a game of airsoft, though I am unsure when, I have not played for while as it is too expensive and I am saving up every penny I have for my masters; thus why I have yet to buy my own airsoft gun. I did have a 9mm in Taiwan, but that thing was useless and is currently in my GF's mothers home. I want the Heckler & Koch MP5, which is what the met use. It is a good gun for people such as myself who cannot hit shit. haha

PS Grim, your from romford? Ouch man.

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 12-15-2012 at 07:56 PM.