View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013
Rides Kaiba

Blurb: Duct tape his mouth shut and you can have a nice trophy husb
Send a message via MSN to AllisonWalker
Default .~.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcar90 View Post
Not surprising this episode wasn't as good as others, though.
Considering the original was crappy in and of itself.
I'll give LK credit for trying to make it funny.
You can only do so much with something that has that warmed over filler-crap feel, to it.
lolwhat the duel against Joey and Kaiba was actually pretty damn good originally and had some great character development for them both, but LK blotched all the potential it had for more over the top, predictable Marik jokes. It wasn't good, but not because of lacking material.

Especially considering Joey steals Kaiba's BEWD and turns it against him during the duel, which totally fucks with Kaiba's head and every assumption he had about Joey's skills but lets just skip on that whole two year realization for Kaiba and just turn him into an irredeemable douche bag for no damn reason whatsoever and have Marik tit jokes. Because that's totally abridging YGO.

Not trying to insult LK, but I feel like he's catering more to his own favorite characters and pairings instead of actually joking about the canon aspects of the show. For me at least, someone who is a huge fan of real Yugioh, it's extremely aggravating to see. YGOTAS used to be really funny at first but now its slowly go down hill and begin to cater to its own universe instead of sticking to what it used to be about.

Last edited by AllisonWalker; 09-04-2013 at 12:37 AM.