View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010

I like how only two people(exaggerating) who posted actually had a good reason to hate the series, everyone else is just one sentence usually with the words: I, hate and it

each show has a flaw and we all know it. The only reason why people like the first one is because we grew up with it.
Honestly I used to hate GX and 5D because of this. I gave them both a fair chance and looked it in the eyes of a child(Childhood powers GO!!!) and you know what. 5D is not bad.

Everyone grips about it saying "Oh its on motorbikes" yeah so? Its not bad for a series to take a new approaches. I mean Sonic wasn't always running. He went to racing and party games as well. did they suck. Most people say yes, but I thought Sonic R was fun. So was Sonic Shuffle.

5D only has few motorbike duels. When the Dark Signer arc was starting I saw about 3-4 duels out of 20 episodes or so. take that into an average and only 1/5 of it was motor bikes divide that by 30 and only 6 minutes of an episode would be dedicated to the motorbike duel if the entire arc as 30 minutes long.

5D complainers also say: OH syncron is too confusing.

Yeah ,sure. Syncro is nothing more then a fancier version of union monsters.
Just a bit of more requirements you need to actually summon them.

Cons of 5D: Too many characters. I honestly get the names confused at times because they are so many.

Now GX is meh in standards. Mainly because of how terrible the dubbing was for GX. I tolerated both 5D and the YGO, but their was bad dubbing, bad censoring, and they skipped an entire season.

When I mean by censoring I mean any japanese references.
They call Tempora(fried shrimp to you english folks) French fries in one episode and if I am not mistaken the very next episode they had "French Fries", but instead they called it "Fried Shrimp" yeah consistent ain't it.

The concept was nice at the time, but because they had a limited enviroment they had to rely on really weird shaft to happen. Like some emo kid gets possed by Ashula Danshaku(you'll never get this reference)

Yu-Gi-Oh: Apperently everyone loved this. Most likely its just the characters appearances.
Becaues I hear "Oh bakura is so Kawaii" or some crap like that on Deviantart.
Story was paper thin and redundant.
"These are Locater Cards, not star chips."
The only season I actually liked was the last season because wouldn't ya know they tried going for a different approach. With little to no childeren's card game in site. Only ancient egyptian slabs of stone.

Now I have yet to read Yu-Gi-Oh R, but my hopes aren't high at all.

Last edited by 90HeroMAXD; 03-27-2010 at 01:48 AM.