View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonWalker View Post
I never once said they were pyschopaths, smart one. I said 50% of people in prison fall into the description of being a sociopath, which falls into having an anti-personality disorder, which is not anything like being a psychopath. Note even close. If you're going to call me wrong, how about you not switch around terms for disorders that you clearly don't understand the differences between, Fared.

Anti-social personality disorder goes a little farther than just being depressed, too. I'm really doubting their of you know anything about what you're talking about because I know from my own professional background of actually having worked in clinic psychology and talking to providers that this is the case for many people who are incarcerated.
Actually, you are the one who has no idea what you are on about, my sister is a trained psychologist and laughs at pseudo-intellectuals like yourself who try and make out that there is a distinct line between the terms, when actually, there is not. If you actually understood the two terms, then you know that both your descriptions could apply equally to one or the other because they are not actually the definitions behind the words. The very definitions you have used from the start are wrong and the only people stupid enough to think they are right those who learnt pop-psychology from the internet.

However, if you are going to be precious about it, then I shall revert it to sociopath for you; I really do not care because you are still wrong - having an anti-social personality disorder is not the same as being a sociopath.

Furthermore, 50 per cent of prisoners do not have anti-social personality disorders, so there we have it, you are wrong, there are no statistics which back you up and the fact you were asked to provide just one, but still failed to do so is a testament to how wrong you are.

Finally, if you worked in clinical psychology, then why can you not even spell the term correctly?

Oh, and psychopath/sociopath - these are not disorders. God, do you even know the first thing about psychology?

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 07-22-2013 at 01:38 AM.