View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013
Rides Kaiba

Blurb: Duct tape his mouth shut and you can have a nice trophy husb
Send a message via MSN to AllisonWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
that is just total nonsense, sorry.
Both of those things only prevent you from feeling guilty, having an instinctive urge not to harm others or feeling compassion. they don't stop your ability to think logically.
I didn't say anything about thinking logically. If anything, the fact that they can think logically is the reason why they don't act out crimes most of the time. Because they are afraid of getting caught, not because they know the difference between right and wrong.

When you have people in prison who legitimately don't care about causing other people suffering and just lack that kind capacity for feeling sympathetic towards others, it kind of makes it very difficult for a therapist or anyone else to make them safe around society at large.

Hence why I said in the beginning, you can't fix everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
It is not an inability, just a difficulty.
No, sociopaths have no ability to feel compassion towards others.

But I already said numerous times that while psychologists don't diagnosis people as being sociopaths, they do talk about having sociopathic tendencies all the time (know this from first hand experience, thank you!) and can diagnosis people as having anti-social personality disorders, which usually go hand in hand.

I'm done repeating myself because of your lack of reading comprehension.

Last edited by AllisonWalker; 07-21-2013 at 06:18 PM.