View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013

Blurb: LONG LIVE THE PHARAOH~!

I agree with several of the comments above about philosophy and how it relates to religion.
But just as Christianity is the belief that Jesus is our Messiah, atheism is the belief that there is no god, no purpose in life, and no reason for the world's existence. Atheism is based on the belief rejecting the existence of any god, and thus rejecting all meaning in life. Despite atheists' claims in their religion, belief, or whatever you wish to call it - atheism- believing in any form of moral counters the base belief that there is no moral, no conscience. Atheism claims that there is no moral basis to life, therefor such things like killing the innocent, stealing what's not yours, and breaking the law can't be called morally wrong. Many atheists also believe that their religion is one with science and natural law, however the natural law of cause and effect decrees that all things have a cause. Even with this law in play, there has been no answer to the very cause of this world, creating yet another hole in the atheistic beliefs. To believe anything sets the foundations for a worldview, which is how you view the world, and that worldview is the foundation to your religion, your beliefs.

I could go on forever, but to sum it up, yes, I think that atheism is just another religion, another worldview, and another belief about life.

And in case you were wondering, I am a Christian~ c: