View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008
Is no longer jailbait, but is still a TRAP

Hi. Since I'm a mod now, I might as well come out and say my name's Matt Rolfe. I'd like to take this time to say a few things about myself. First off, I'm a semi-honors student who wants to go into Psychology as a major in college. So naturally, I'm interested in what moves people. What drives them, what makes them tick, the good and the bad. I am 17, currently a junior in high school, and I am a moderately good student. I participate in cross country, track, student youth aid groups, church choir, orchestra, jazz band, and I also have a job bagging groceries. I am a gamer, a thinker, a reader, a student, a son, a runner, a Christian, a bassist, and many more. So why do I continue on? Why do I do the things I do? The short answer would be that I live for myself, and I live for others. The long answer is....well, long.

I live for myself to realize my ambitions. I'll be the first one to tell you all that I don't have the best opinion of myself. I'll skip a whiny rant that illustrates my views on my emotional and physical flaws, and move right on to the main reason that I bring this up: even though I don't think of myself in the best light, I still have dreams to fulfill. I want to be a good son to my parents, a good brother to my sister, continue with running and being a bassist throughout my life, retain my childhood fancies, and enjoy life. Notice that I don't have 'get into a good college' or 'get a well-paying job' up there. That is because I do not believe those are the most important things in life. To put it simply, I think loving and living are the two greatest things a person can get out of life. As an adult, I wish to live as I want, free of regret or anxiety. I also want to love with all of my heart and soul, to find peace. Those are my ambitions that I have set for myself, and I try to live those every day in order to attain my life of wealth in spirit.

I also live for others. Like I said, I want to study Psychology, and so I care about people and their emotions. I feel that if I knew one person, any person well enough, I could understand and love them. That being said, the people I know best at the moment are my friends and my family. If I were to die, or give up on life, or throw it away to poor choices--where would that leave the people whom I care about? I would leave emotional scars that wold never heal. I would cause unspeakable damage and heartache. In short, I would make the world a worse place instead of a better one. So I live on, so that those I love can live with me, through the good as well as the bad, and not have to suffer for my choices.

Well, there's my rant. Maybe I'll add more later, maybe not. Anyways, time to discuss...me I guess. So get to it. (Yes, I know this is a direct copy from my General Discussion Post--I'm just lazy like that =P)

I've also decided to make this into an "ask araharu anything" thread. Ask me something, and I will respond to the best of my ability. Unless I don't feel like it. In which case I won't. (Just kidding y'all.)

EDIT: Now open for discussion.