View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022

Blurb: I'll translate shit for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
so... you say that homosexuality is gross, but you like Jaden Yuki, even though he is gay?

PS: don't say he wasn't gay, that would just be a lie. he is and that's a fact. he is the reincarnation of the boyfriend of Yubel, and Yubel is male. also: why would Yubel think that Jaden left Yubel to start a relationship with Jesse, if he wasn't gay? and he never had any intrest in girls.
Nearly a decade late but I don't think this is correct? I mean obvs Jesse and Jaden are hella boyfriends and not even tryna pretend otherwise, but I am pretty sure Yubel is genderless in both the dub and the sub...

Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe the dub picks a pronoun for Yubel because we kinda have to in English, but. Yubel is canonically neither gender or both genders so that's not a great argument for Jaden being gay. (Seriously, just go with Jesse every time if you want to argue for Jaden being gay in canon. It's hard to argue that one.)

Also I think there's a strong argument for Jaden having ZERO sexuality because he's too distracted by card games to realize sexuality is a thing at all.

Anyone want to add anything to this? I'm a shipper like any other fangirl, but the Yubel boyfriend argument doesn't work for me in any way.