View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity
Default The Hunger Games

It's a movie, too, so I can post it in this thread!

• They didn't include the hovercraft that collects the bodies of the dead tributes in the movie.
  • They barely gave Rue the screen time she deserved, so Katniss being sad over her death doesn't make too much sense. In the book, they shared so much time together, and we find out that she loved Rue just as much as she loved Prim, in fact, I believe when Rue died, her first reaction was "PRIM!" and not "RUE!"
  • During the climax, they were supposed to show the faces of the beasts, and show that one of them, was Rue. And because Katniss and Peta were trapped on the Corn-thing, she would've been forced to shoot an arrow at Rue, killing her. I think she also noticed "Foxface" [The redhead who was a sneaky little--] but Rue is more important.
  • Haymitch in the book is supposed to be friggin' fat, and unless I'm mistaken, ugly. They didn't pro-tray that well in the movie. In the movie he's handsome, and skinny. What the hell.
  • They missed the other gifts Katniss got. After the death of Rue, and how she showed how much she cared for her, people from District 11 gathered their money, and provided Katniss with I think medicine, with a little note saying something like "Thank you, for Rue." It would've been a very touching moment, and don't see why they left that out.
  • In the book, Katniss got the MockingJay pin from a rich lady. Not from the Black Market, or wherever the hell that was.
  • I believe there was a lot more romance between Katniss and Peta in the book.

I did enjoy the movie, save for the shakey cam. Good God, that camera. That's what would happen if you friggin' give me a camera, and ask me to shoot an action scene. But unlike the Hollywood directors, I have a reason why I shake! . . .I have yet to find out the reason. Anyways, the climax? Good God, it was pretty tame. I expected a lot more from [ the beasts that were made from the bodies of the dead tributes ], as well as...oh, I don't know... BEING ABLE TO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON!? I went with my mother, simply because that's the only person who would take me. She said she thinks the reason behind the shakey cam is so that the audience doesn't have to deal with the brutalness of children killing children, and so they can keep the PG-13 rating. ...Hey, here's an idea! Since the movie is based on the BOOK that involves children killing children, why give it a PG-13 rating? Why not give it something like... 18A? And have a warning saying "Intense Action/Blood" maybe then they could've kept the camera still! Anyways, what did you think of the movie?