View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

I would guess that Killshot is trying to make the point that you are not forming a debate in the sense of forming a logical train of points which prove or disprove a certain point, instead you are changing the very definitions or (more aptly) the descriptions of the concepts under debate to prove your point.

That is like saying "I can shoot myself in the head without dying", and then using your hand as the gun by which you shoot yourself. Your hand is not a gun, and just because you say it is, does not make it so. This means just saying your hand is a gun to prove you can shoot yourself in the head without dying does not prove you can shoot yourself in the head without dying, nor does it mean your hand is actually a gun.

You cannot just change the very premise of the debate or the concepts within it, if you wish to be taken seriously as a debater. (I do realise that things like religion have soft definitions, but that does not mean that you can just ignore their definitions altogether, otherwise they, both as words and concepts, are devoid of all meaning.)

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 03-13-2013 at 05:10 PM.