View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
By giving words better definitions,
No offense, but this sentence by everyone's (expect possibly your's) understanding of the English language means you are changing their definitions. By giving them new meanings you are altering them, to atler them is to change them, thus you are changing them. You cannot do that, I am not sorry to tell you.

You claim words change everyday, you are correct, but they change naturally over time. People do not consciously just wake up and say, 'awesome' now is a positive word for something amazing. It is a natural and unconscious evolution of language and your forced attempts at a revolution in our language do make you right by their innate virtues.

In fact, I do not wish to speak out of turn, but it is quite arrogant of you believe you can say black now means white because that better suits your personal view of the world, that, by definition, means you are just wrong.

Lets look at it another way, a man suffers massive head injures in a very bad car accident, this causes him both physical and by result, mental health issues. He now, due to these injures is delusional and sees/hears thing which do not exist. These delusions cause him to become convinced that that he is infact god. He writes his own religious book, sets out religious rules, holds religious festivals, had set religious practices. Does that mean he has made a religion? The answer is no, but I will leave you to work out why for yourself because in doing so, you will both work out why you are wrong that to just presume you can change the meanings of words, and wrong on the count of assuming that you can make atheism a religion without paying heed what both atheism and religion are as words and concepts.

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 03-13-2013 at 05:48 PM.