Thread: Taxes
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
Yesterday, a new royal was born, I am sure he will die penniless, living in a slum in Africa because clearly your one anecdote proves all social science wrong.

Let me guess, your mum was a peasant, too, before she went to Harvard?

I mean seriously, can you actually say that someone whose parents are shop-assistants has the same chances in life as someone whose parents are lawyers? Can you really say that? If you do, then you are either dumber than I thought, or your trolling is just getting sad.
My dad went from refugee from cuba to middle-class. His brother went from the same situation to being able to easily buy a two story house with a pool in a great neighborhood, send both of his kids to high-class colleges, and buy them both higher-end cars as graduation gifts and still have immense amounts of money in the bank.

If it's the international economy you're right, Fared, but if it's within one's own country, yeah, you can, if you're somewhat lucky and work hard enough (and don't spend all your money on frivolous bullshit), move from a shitty life to being very rich. What you give up for that is another story though.