Thread: Taxes
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013
Rides Kaiba

Blurb: Duct tape his mouth shut and you can have a nice trophy husb
Send a message via MSN to AllisonWalker

Fared is too English apparently to understand this concept of moving through the classes. -eye roll-

Actually, my stepmom grew up in Detroit, which is incredibly ghetto compared to even most American cities when it comes to crime and lack of funding for education, and somehow managed to get into both Harvard and the University of Michigan because of will power. Sure, she's also very intelligent, but it was mostly the fact that she worked her ass off in school that allowed her to get into an Ivy league college despite the fact that neither of her parents had a great amount of education or money.

Now she makes almost six figures working for U of M. According to your logic, Fared, that shouldn't be happening.

And in contrast, there are plenty of rich American families whose parents won't give their children the money they have earned. Being born into wealth here doesn't mean too much if you can't get through school and people don't always inherit shit from their folks either. Being born middle class doesn't mean you'll die middle class, and people go bankrupt from bad financial decisions all the time.

My aunt comes from poor white trash as well. Because of her company, she's worth over a few million dollars from her business and estate.

Class here is fluid, just as it should be.

We don't have peasants in the US. ;)

I have over ten thousand in savings right now. Sure as hell didn't come from my parents, and I don't even have college payments to make nor will I ever once I'm done with my enlistment. People make their own successes and failures, at least in the United States, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by AllisonWalker; 07-23-2013 at 05:44 PM.