View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007

I just finished watching the movie Hard Boiled and oh man, it's like amazing if the word was good enough to describe it. To say this film is like Die Hard on crack isn't enough to do it justice. If you neutered this film you would get Die Hard. Man oh man, any other things I could say before getting to why it's so f-ing good I would say if I had a day to devote to it. Now the synopsis of this film could read it's a buddy cop film and it's about stopping a drug running operation, and blah blah blah blah but forget all that, it's all about the intense, immense, destroy every f-ing thing around gun fights. It's like you start with the smallest gunfight around that's still f-ing awesome, with stuff that'll remind you immediately of El Mariachi, then each sequential fight blooms into a more immense segment of carnage, mayhem, body-counts, and explosive action that'll leave you in your seat unable to do anything but watch it unfold. This is like an FPS turned movie, only a good movie that gave you what you wanted then blew your mind with what you never thought you wanted but you now know you do and are oh so happy you got after your done watching the whole thing literally blow up in your face, but in such a good way it's unbelievable. Lord knows I sound like an advertisement and I really, really want to give details but then I know anyone reading this would hate me for spoiling it, because it's just that f-ing good. Now to those looking for a well written detective story, you'll be horribly horribly disappointed. Some cliche's are laid on pretty thick, like the precinct Sargent yelling at the protagonist for one example, and the story at times, especially in the beginning, assumes you know something about the film that, as this sentence can lead anyone to deduce, you don't actually know at the onset. In fact, if you want only to see a decent story you'll be wasting your time here, it's all about the action. You should see this only if your interested in the action, and boy you will not be dissappointed there. Deffinitely makes me really really want to play the sequel-game now.