Thread: Taxes
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013
Rides Kaiba

Blurb: Duct tape his mouth shut and you can have a nice trophy husb
Send a message via MSN to AllisonWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyShadow View Post
The failures of their attempts at communism came directly from their attempt at communism. Those additional features are how humanity expresses itself when faced with the incompatible burden of communism.

I am defending capitalism because my life is good. I can go work and buy whatever food I want. If I work hard enough I can buy a lot of things I like. I'm allowed to carry on my life in peace. I don't have to deal with a revolution that'll likely take the life of many people I love because some utter twat seems to think any amount of blood is perfectly justified in the name of their political theology.

I'm the smart one here. You have no idea what you're talking about. Just a "useful idiot". If you wanna get better at arguing your point, maybe beg grimfang to teach you how to debate without just repeating yourself over and over.
Just this once.
Pretty much everything HS said. There aren't too many societies where one can rise or fall regardless of what class they were born into. I like being responsible for my own financial successes and failures. I like deciding that I would enlist into the military and no government told me I had to so I could defend some glorious leader. I like that I have a decent place to live, opportunities to move up or even leave if I want with an education, and I get paid enough to get by and save some cash.

Capitalism hasn't failed. Just because it doesn't fit your twisted perceptions of how life should work doesn't mean it isn't successful. For most people in my country, I'd say we have it pretty good with this whole "work hard, play hard" mentality towards economics.