Thread: Human Sexuality
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985

That's not really a bad idea, only it's not logistically an ideal one. Many young people today (whom I will focus on since that was the intended subject of this thread) make the mistake of feeling that there isn't anyone that they can go to for issues like that. They tend to look to themselves for an answer or just brush these issues under the rug. 'And why shouldn't I" they say? Going to their friends for help, which would ideally be an excellent solution to use later in life, might not work because more often than not, their friends are having their own issues and making the same choices. They may choose to go to their parents or siblings, the next closest people who would understand what they're going through, but barring the possibility of a rough relationship with them, there's the problem that this stage of life is were they express independence from their previous family life in various steps, causing them to shy away from asking for help. That, and traditionally it's not quite so comforting having relatives or friends so involved in one's love life, particularly if it's a sexually active love life. And for the lesser extreme in this area, there's the argument for having schools and colleges deal with this, which would evokes a response both from the community and from the students themselves. The community would be upset about classes further diminishing the traditional role of the parents, while the students wouldn't listen anyway, just like with the lectures on STIs, pregnancies, alcohol, drugs, etc.