View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012

Blurb: Vince/Stuart = OTP!

I didn't really understand all the hype about the Russian grannies, everyone seemed to be going on about them but I didn't like it that much.

I really liked Germany's song, although I agree about the French, it was a little in your face. And don't even get me started on Italy's- I think it's a little too soon to be imitating Amy Winehouse, especially for Eurovision. I really can't remember Albania's, it was so frustrating during the voting/points process when I couldn't even remember a lot of the songs.

I have to give credit to Englebert for hitting the big notes. There was a lot of debate about whether he'd be able to do it, but he did! But I do think next year we should go back to pop songs- or just outright crazy. Europeans like that sort of thing.

I did have a lot of fun last night though, since I kept giggling when I remembered the Hetalia version of most of the countries, and I even yelled at the screen when Germany only gave Italy 2 points- until I remembered that in real life, GerIta isn't canon. I don't even ship it, but I found it amusing.