Thread: Death Note
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
Coming from the person who said "Your a fucking idiot" <facepalm3>

and "You like Kira as character, you are terrible and evil person" <facepalm4>
And I stand by those. They're my opinions, mind you.

Back on the ignore list you go. I should have known better than to try to reason with someone who thinks <facepalm> is an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
If your life's goal is to become a 'God', then you have to be extremely intelligent to avoid being arrested for mass murder. He managed to avoid being caught by L and killed him. At this point, insanity seems to cloud his intelligence...
Light probably wouldn't have seen using others to die for him as God - like traits. Maybe 'necessary sacrifice for the greater good'. Unless his views on being a God is drastically different to everyone elses, which wouldn't be too hard to consider.
When Light declared his intent to become "God of a new world" in episode 1, I admit that I was confused. To be God, he would have to never die so that his intent could be properly served in perpetuity. Instead, he had a very short sighted goal that involved counting on those who agreed with "Kira" in principle and finding a successor that way. He didn't seem to count on those people having wills of their own, and that's what screwed him in the end.