View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010

Location: In the basement of a Klingon Ship. It's dark, damp, and smelly, and I think I hear laughing...
Blurb: AKA: Vic Mignogna Cosplayer...
Question Why people do/don't like One Piece...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kaza View Post
one peice is a really good anime. i dont see why people bash it.
People just don't get One Piece, I guess. People like... *shudder* Naruto because the plot is most understood (or... used to be...) and there is a little romance. One Piece, however, is ADHD wraped in steroids and crushed into powdered form and stuffed into a caffine pill capsule and was dropped into coffee with too much sugar and mentos, mixxed with a can of Monster, that was given to a toddler-brat-thing who is prone to seizures and thrown into a room filled with strobe lights and puppies. (Do NOT try this at home! ) Plus, there is no romance/pairings whatsoever (excluding the fact that Sanji is a Skirt Chaser).

Another reason is that lame- question; "Pirates or Ninjas". This started in the early 2000's when the internet was getting the most popular, this question came up and led to the war of Over 9000. Apparently, the American-Manga/Anime-Fanbase (AMAF) who thought they were japanese, forced themselves without notice to like ninjas, just like they liek'd Mudkipz.

I like One Piece just for the fact that I can relate to the ADHD-Energy Drink-Puppy characters. Even the men who are not ADHDEDP are totally sexy. The plot is great, the characters are great, even the filler episodes are great. Eichiro Oda's (guy who owns OP) rule is that NO ONE DIES... Except in flashbacks, or super-super-really-really important characters, or 20 years ago in the series.

I only hate Spandam, the Skyepia Arc and that 4KRAP dubbed it. Funimation made it better though.

Agree? Disagree? Discuss, if you may, please. :3