View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010

Location: In the basement of a Klingon Ship. It's dark, damp, and smelly, and I think I hear laughing...
Blurb: AKA: Vic Mignogna Cosplayer...

Quote:
280 and they still haven't found what they're looking for?
Haha, well think of this; 586 Chapters in the manga. Yeah, Oda's been doing this for eleven years (I was probably... what, five when he started it?)

Quote:
I'd say even Naruto's animation is better than the copied and pasted key frames of One Piece.
PF. You call their animation better? Go watch a Cowboy Bebop movie and tell me that there isn't a fight sequence EXACTLY like the one in Naruto where Neji fights Naruto in that arena thingie.

Quote:
the introduction thing about the pirate king guy with the narrator that sounded like Seto Kaiba made me think I was watching Yu-Gi-Oh until I looked at the screen.
D: I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT! Thank you for pointing that out!

Quote:
But really late in the anime, there are robots and lazers and stuff. 95% of anime turns into a Dragon Ball Z copy with every episode.
Well maybe that's because Oda is friends with Akira Toriyama (creator of DBZ)? Along with Nobuhiro Watsuki (Rurouni Kenshin/Buso Renkin), and Hiro Mashima (Rave Master/Fairy Tale/Monster Soul) (Don't tell me that Fairy Tale's main character isn't based off of Luffy and that Hiro's art doesn't look like Oda's...). Anyway... They're all good friends, so it would be considered "based-off-of" instead of a copy. More proof; Akira and Eichiro made a One Shot cross-over called "Cross Epoch".

Quote:
It's...just a bit long for my tastes.
This is another reason why OP is liked by few. Like I said, it's been going on for over a decade now, there's too much to catch up on, and when people skip everything to watch/read the most updated (whoever does that sort of thing, I feel so sorry for you...), they get diapointed and/or confused, and get turned off by it. This leads to one reason why people like the series; because they started reading/watching it when the series was still young.

Quote:
It's better than Naruto anyways.
Thank you. :)

Quote:
There are currently 450 episodes(about 100 episodes are fillers)...and it isnt close to a conclusion.
This is true. Think, pirates, sailing out into the questionable sea to find the treasure that will make their dreams come true... *shot*... facing a bunch of powerful opponents and saving the ones that they love, don't you think that it would take them at least a decade or two to find the One Piece, especially since so few people actually know where it is? *raises hand* I think so. It took me a year to find my DS after I had lost it... (you don't know my room. I think it has it's own mind...)

Sorry I dragged that on for so long... Does anyone else think there should be a One Piece/Eichiro Oda Trivia, or is it just me? xD;;;