View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010

Location: In the basement of a Klingon Ship. It's dark, damp, and smelly, and I think I hear laughing...
Blurb: AKA: Vic Mignogna Cosplayer...

Quote:
I saw some One Piece when it was first coming out in the US, and I was probably eight or nine. I loved it then, but now... the ADHD-ness kind of confuses me...
And there's another reason why people don't like the series; 4KRAP (or "4Kids Entertainment"). If some of you don't know, 4Kids is the company who has dubbed many Anime with no mercy. They didn't call it "For Kids" for nothing, oh no! Yes, they edited out some things (Ex. Cleavage, Cigarettes, blood, entire episodes) and hired the wrong actors. They dubbed such anime as (of course) Yu-Gi-Oh (Original Series plus Capsule Monsters, GX, and 5D's), One Piece (which stopped at Epi. 104 and was bought from them by Funimation studios), Dinosaur King, Magical DoReMi, Sonic X, G.I. Joe, Kappa Mikey (Which is my ONLY ONLY ONLY favorite series by 4KRAP), Kirby; RBAY, Tokyo Mew Mew (or as called by 4KE, "Mew Mew Power"), Shaman King, Ultimate Muscle; TKL, and Ultraman Tiga. And then there's the Motherload of famous Anime dubbed by 4KE; Pokemon, which stopped production at episode 416, because it was bought by Pokemon USA and Viz Media, who were working with 4KE on Pokemon (plus Pokemon Chronicels), but now have the Whole show to themselves and P:USA.

Apparently, no one likes 4KRAP, because they edited A LOT of things out of shows, which I understand. 4Kids makes it "for kids". I still dislike them, mostly because of their dubbing of One Piece. Most black people are edited to look white, blood/cigarettes/cleavage/dirogitory symbols are cut out, the series was shortened due to editing...
One Piece's main target was at Teenagers, not children. Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Magical DoReMi, and Dinosaur King, I can see them all as children's shows, especially "Tama and Friends", but not One Piece. You go take a long look at some of the scenes in that show, and you tell me, looking into my eyes and tell me that this is Y7 appropriate... (don't know if that's possible though, unless you had the power to stare into my eyes by staring strenuously at the monitor for long periods of time... I'd get you Dairy Queen if you do accomplish that).