View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010

Blurb: This blurb allows me to defy the page's symmetry. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJokeIsOld View Post
One Piece's main target was at Teenagers, not children. Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Magical DoReMi, and Dinosaur King, I can see them all as children's shows, especially "Tama and Friends", but not One Piece. You go take a long look at some of the scenes in that show, and you tell me, looking into my eyes and tell me that this is Y7 appropriate... (don't know if that's possible though, unless you had the power to stare into my eyes by staring strenuously at the monitor for long periods of time... I'd get you Dairy Queen if you do accomplish that).
Considering that I haven't seen any One Piece in... a really, really long time, I can't argue with the fact that it's probably meant more for teens. From what I remember, there was a guy with three swords, and all the pirates were going after the same thing... which probably, according to pirate law, means quite a few people are going to be blown to smithereens.

So then why would they try to market it for kids? To make a buck or two while blowing the rest on editing out copious amounts of footage? Why bother editing it at all if it's obviously meant for teens?

... I am now determined to invent a way to look through the internet and stare (though that could be called a webcam, that would be far too easy). And as soon as I invent that, you will send me my Dairy Queen, also over the internet. Sound good?