View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010

Blurb: My finger tastes funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwstdFlaems View Post
on another note, i read above that someone said that Hiro Mashima, the author of FairyTail, copied Oda's style of art?

One Piece released; August 4, 1997
FairyTail released; August 23, 2006

now hold up, yes, that is 9 years after One Piece was released... but let's look at Mashima's other works... his original work, Groove Adventure Rave was originally conceived in 1998, and published in 1999, which means he started only one year after Oda got One Piece published... that's, honestly, not enough time to "copy" someone's art style in such a way as to get yourself published and have a solid storyline going. also, Mashima's "reactions" are completely different to what Oda does, and when i started Rave, i found them quite unique!

where was i going with this...

oh yea! i'm a massive One Piece fan, and have religiously read the manga every single week for the past six and a half to seven years! i have all the manga and am currently saving enough to buy the DVDs of the Funi dub...

i like to think of myself as an authority of sorts on One Piece

>>

<<

IGNORE ME
...Did you say something?
Well, frankly Natsu from Fairy Tale has a near identical personality to Luffy, Erza's backstory and the Tower of Heaven arc is similar to the Enies Lobby arc and Robin's backstory, that panel of Charle crying is similar to when Nami is crying and asking luffy for help during the Arlong arc *could go on*
Don't get me wrong, I love One Piece and Fairy Tale, but there are a lot of similarities XD

I've been reading One Piece for only about a year, but I'm absolutely obsessed ^_^'''''
It's just addictive, so free-spirited and stuff ^_^

IGNORE ME