View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Very interesting Ocean, and I think Australia is probably a wonderful place to live; I literally do not know anyone whom has been there and not liked it. Though I hear New Zealand is also worth checking out. I think you will make a good art teacher, just make sure your in a school which cares...(this is the interest, we are allowed to dream...shut up...). I know from my own work, that working in schools which do not care at the things which truly matter is the most disheartening thing in the world. There is no greater crime than to see peoples lives wasted due to the inadequacies of the world around them.

As for myself, well I was shy and quiet child...believe it...so I when I first met a lawyer with my father (for reasons we shell not go into), I was instantly enthralled; they were so confident, calm, composed and most of all, articulate. Everything I wanted to be, but was not. (Admittedly, the wig and robe also went some way towards impressing my young mind.) So following that fateful meeting I decided I would work towards becoming like them. I decided I wanted to become a lawyer...not every 8 year old's dream, but it was mine.
=However as I got older, my goals and ideals got slightly less self-centred and childish...slightly! I realised 3 things:
1=I also honestly wanted to help people and that I had also irrational hatred towards injustice, or at least what I personally envisioned to be injustice.
2=I did not really care about money and that spending vast amounts of cash was an almost unnatural act to me.
3=I had a ego and pride, which held a vision of myself in a manner somewhat attuned to some great white knight. The idea of being someone respected, whom others followed and saw as revolutionary appealed to my sense of self. I guess that means that childlike core of wanting to be more than I was still drives me to this day.
=This meant my ideals changed and I no longer wanted to be just another person working within the system, another cog in the wheel so to speak. No, I wanted to be someone who changed the wheel and drove it forward. I wanted to make this world a better place. The goals of family, wealth...etc just not appeal to me, I wanted to fight injustice, I wanted to be able to do something worthwhile, but my ego would not let me do something time, like be legal worker, I wanted to my contribution to the world to be big. Maybe that comes from the fact that I never really considered myself to someone whom would have a family or do the normal things in life, so I figured if my social position was offering nothing, then my career had to be my defining characteristic. This led me to want to be a politician.
=As for now, well I still want to be a politician, and I still have the 'naive' goal of changing the world in my heart, but I think maybe I am more realistic and know what changing the world means a little more now. I think maybe that is the thing which changed in me, my dream is the same, but less cartoon like now, more directed and real.