View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.Girl View Post
Its not that I dont like it its just I'm too lazy to watch it because it's freaking looong and my friends say that they take like 8 episodes to only slightly advance the story line
your friend is misinformed... the storyline moves at quite a good rate, and Oda-sensei manages to pack a whole lot of stuff into one chapter of the manga

also, Akira Toriyama is Oda's idol, hence the DragonBall influence in Luffy's character, Oda was also the assistant on Rurouni Kenshin before he got his own break

on another note, i read above that someone said that Hiro Mashima, the author of FairyTail, copied Oda's style of art?

One Piece released; August 4, 1997
FairyTail released; August 23, 2006

now hold up, yes, that is 9 years after One Piece was released... but let's look at Mashima's other works... his original work, Groove Adventure Rave was originally conceived in 1998, and published in 1999, which means he started only one year after Oda got One Piece published... that's, honestly, not enough time to "copy" someone's art style in such a way as to get yourself published and have a solid storyline going. also, Mashima's "reactions" are completely different to what Oda does, and when i started Rave, i found them quite unique!

where was i going with this...

oh yea! i'm a massive One Piece fan, and have religiously read the manga every single week for the past six and a half to seven years! i have all the manga and am currently saving enough to buy the DVDs of the Funi dub...

i like to think of myself as an authority of sorts on One Piece

>>

<<

IGNORE ME