Thread: Death Ray
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010

Default Death Ray

I bought one of those build-it-yourself Death Rays from the Home Depot, but I've stumbled into a few roadblocks. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

1. The particle accelerator makes a clicking noise. The manual makes no mention of this. Is this normal?

2. The photon capacitive bridge is showing up as "Disconnected - Please Re-connect" on the LCD panel. I've connected it as firmly as I can, but the error just won't go away. What am I supposed to do?

3. The flux-induction motor locks up sometimes. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen. That, and the LCD panel says, "WARNING: MOTOR LOCK". How do I prevent lock-ups?

4. The auto-zoom scale is fixed to 1M X magnification. The manual doesn't tell me how to change it. This seems like a pretty trivial feature, maybe I'm just not "getting it". How do I zoom in and out?

5. I think the induced magnetic field is a bit too overpowered. At 25% power, a bunch of my tools flung themselves and stuck to it. I can only imagine what would happen at max power. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance guys. I've been working on this for 2 weeks now, and I just don't know what to do. I've already tried calling the Help and Support line listed on the manual, but they always put me on hold. And, when I do get a hold of someone, they transfer me to someone else, which entails more waiting and more call transferring.