View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009

Default YouTube Custom Video Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroze View Post
For those of you who do not know, the video system we've been using on the site for the videos called Revver has been giving us a lot of trouble for the past few months and thus is why you have not been seeing any of the newer episodes appear on the site as of late. We are working hard on finding a new option for the videos on the site as well as the itunes feed which Revver currently was supplying before it all started to freak out on us.
YouTube has this thing called "Custom Video Players" that can embed a user-defined YouTube playlist as a dedicated web player that only plays videos in that playlist. This web player would play each video in the playlist in order.

This would essentially do what the revver video player does on the "Episodes" page, but with seamless transition between videos.

All LK would have to do to implement it is set up the playlist, go to YouTube's "Custom Video Players" page, generate the HTML code, and embed it in place of the Revver video player.

I'm not suggesting this be a permanent solution, but it would certainly work while you guys sort things out with Revver.

P.S. I've heard that the reason Revver is still in use on the mainsite is because they were paying for hosting. If that's the case, in my experience as a webcoder I've come across a variety of viable hosting solutions (some even free) that might interest you guys. If you're interested, PM me.