Thread: YGO Manga
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013

Blurb: Oh no, too many children's card games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuba kaiba! View Post
If you look at konomi's ygo you get a very different ygo than from the manga. The first seven volumes are squished into season 1. No death T, no gory penalty games, no test from shadi, etc. The anime Canon gives us a strange kaiba back story, atlantis arc, etc. The anime was only done to sell cards. It hardly followed the manga. The toei version of ygo was extremely unsuccesful and though it was somewhat closer to the manga it altered the story line to much. Kaiba was not murderous, but a strange pest obssessed with card games and yami yugi. Yami imself was altered to be much more forgiving as he only game ppl illusionary penalty games. There is a difference in character as Yami yugi in the manga killed a Guy for taking his place at the fair. Miho was added into the story but she was not significant in the manga. Honda was a love sick nerd over her instead of how he was in the manga and I could go on. The toei anime and konomi's anime are not suppose to be looked at as part 1 and 2 of the same story. Anyone who read the manga would know that. I think you miss understood my question. I wanted to know if ygo would be seen as something other than merchandise promotion of konomi 's card game. Most ppl think of ygo as a 30 minute commercial.
Again, learn about what you're talking about. What you describe as "the toei anime" is known as season 0. It's essentially the same story, but altered slightly as anime have stricter regulations, especially children's anime, but the characters are pretty much exactly the same.

The second YuGiOh anime was based on the Duelist manga series. While some events from the original manga were added (as this continuity was seperate from season 0, and they were important to the plot), it followed the manga very closely.