This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Forum Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

<font size=3>Death Note, The Forum Game</font>
Murder has never been so fun.

The game is divided into rounds. A round is ended when Kira, L, or everyone other than Kira and the Shinigami die. Each round is divided into as many turns needed for one team to win. Each turn lasts around 23 hours and it is up to the GM to decide when to start/finish a turn. The 24th hour is for GM to write the end of turn summary. Votes will be tallied as the current GM sees fit. A Game Master controls each round. This person controls every aspect of the round from picking the roles to managing all the votes that are cast. It is the GMs responsibility to be on the forum at the right time to finish/start a turn and to provide a short description of everything that happened, who died, what roles were revealed and for what reason, etc. Honorable mentions win a place in The Hall Of Fame. Your name, a title for what you did, and a phrase of your choosing will be added under that rounds HoF. The GM selects roles randomly. The GM will PM you if you receive a role, or if triads are in play, your triad. If you are not given a role, you are considered town folk, a townie. Each turn everyone votes who they want to be killed in the daily town killing. Including Kira, Shinigami, Watari, and L. Whoever gets the majority of the votes dies at the end of the turn. When you die, you become a ghost, lose your role, and your role is revealed.
Do know that EVERY SUNDAY there is a break; the thread will be locked if possible, and will be unlocked the following day. THIS IS SO NO ONE GETS TOO ADDICTED TO THE GAME, TRUST ME, YOU WILL, AND SO THE GM CAN GET A DAY OFF.

Roles

Kira
The mass murder. You'll PM the GM every turn on who will die and how. If the person you want dead is killed by the townspeople, you get no kill that turn. If you do not PM the GM with a kill, the Shinigami chooses who dies. If Kira is possessed, the possessor is told that they possessed a townie, and Kira can still make a kill as normal.

Shinigami
You decide who Kira will be by PMing the GM who it will be, then the GM PMs them. You cannot die. If Kira is unable to send in his kill, you decide who dies. Your vote has a 25% chance of becoming a "Super Vote," in which your vote counts for yourself and the votes of all the ghosts. This power has a chance of working every turn unless it was used the previous turn. Also if this happens then the ghosts cannot possess either. The Shinigami is going to want to keep Kira alive. Your title is revealed at the beginning of the round, and will therefore act as a go to guy for the Kira Team. The Shinigami cannot be possessed.

L
Every turn, you can tell the GM who you think Kira is through private message. If you're right, you win the round. If you're wrong, the person you said dies, and I tell Kira one person living who isn't L, so tread carefully. If L is possessed then the ghost will only know you as a Townie, and L may still accuse someone.

Watari
You are publicly announced at the beginning of the round. You decide who L will be by PMing the GM who it will be, then the GM PMs them. Three times during a round, you can stop the town’s voting from killing someone by PMing the GM that you will stop it this turn. The third time you do this, the crowd is upset at your rulings and you die.

Detective
If you think you know whom either L or Kira is, you can PM the GM the name as well as which role you think they have. You must choose either Watari or the Shinigami to recieve the results of your investigation. If you discover Kira or L, you become Watari or Shinigami next turn, respectively. You can only use your power once every other turn.

Police Chief
Your role is shown at the beginning of the round. Every other turn, you can interrogate someone. By interrogate, I mean you tell the GM whom you want to know more about and the GM reveals who they are. Townies are not hidden and Kira, L, and childhood bullies will be shown as a townies. You can reveal this information publicly if you wish. You can also arrest three people every other turn, which prevents them from voting or using their roles. (Kira and L will be unable to vote or interrogate, but can still use their powers.) The powers are on separate counters, so you may use them both in the same turn or alternate them. However, remember that you cannot use the same power two turns in a row. If you interrogat the Murderer or the Assassin, then that player dies (this does not activate merely from arresting the person, as the roles are not revealed when you arrest them.

Suicidal Maniac and Suicidal Maniac Ghost
You can choose to kill yourself. When you do, the GM randomly selects one person and reveals their title to you (L or Kira is a possibility). Without hinting at their name or avatar in any way, you can write a suicide note saying anything you want, and the GM will PM it to whomever you want or simply post it on the thread. If you die because of suicide, you also have special ghost rules.
Same rules as the ghosts but if you died by suicide then the following changes:
- If one of the other ghosts possess in a turn, you can still possess as well. However, you cannot possess for two turns in a row.
- The Shinigami has no power over you. You vote every turn and you can possess every other turn whether or not the Shinigami's power is activated.

Protector
Three times a round, you can protect one person that isn't yourself from the town killing by PMing the GM. If a person is voted out, you can save them, but your role is revealed. You do not protect whoever is voted out in general, just one person you chose. If the person you chose isn’t voted to be killed, nothing happens. This works for murders as well, but Kira and the Assassin can still kill. Your power cannot be used two turns in succession. Once you have used your role 3 times, your chance of protecting drops to 25%.

Murderer
Every turn, you can choose to murder someone by PMing the GM. You have a 20% chance of killing them, and a 50% chance of wounding them. If someone is wounded, they can't vote or use their powers next turn. However, you also have a 10% chance of being caught. In which case, you are killed. The chance of being caught is on a different scale than injuring/killing, so it is possible to kill and be caught in the same turn. If the Murderer manages to kill 2 people in the same round, then he becomes immune to the Kira kill as long as he kills whoever Kira tells him to. In this case, the GM must receive the target both from Kira/Shinigami and the Murderer. If the Murderer is interrogated by the Police Chief, then he is killed.

2nd Kira /L Successor
If Kira or L dies before turn 5 and less than 1/3 of the town (rounded up) has died; they choose a successor out of anyone. The successor maintains any role that they may have had previously. If L/Kira chooses the current Kira/L respectively, then that person dies and both Kira and L are asked to choose a different person, this only counts as a succession for the character that originally died. Once one side gets a successor, then the other side automatically gets a successor. You cannot pick Watari or Shinigami for your successor. Also note that if one of the two had a succession, then the other will as well no matter what turn/death rate it is at.

18-29 PLAYERS

Lawyer
You PM the GM telling them that you want to defend the person being voted out that turn. You have a 50% chance of winning the case, and the person is saved. Not only that, but if that person has a role, out of gratitude for saving them, they let you control their role and vote for one turn, meaning they can't vote or use their role power if they have one, and your vote counts for two. If you save Kira or L, They appear as townies, meaning you just get their vote. If you fail, they still die, and you have a 10% chance of dying yourself. If you lose three times, you lose your role. You cannot save yourself and you may only use your role every other turn.

Doctor
If someone is wounded, you can heal them with a 50% chance of success. If you succeed, you can control their role and vote for one turn. If you fail, the wound becomes worse (by one day). If you fail to revive three times, you lose your role, but you may heal injuries as many times as you wish. You can also revive the dead by choosing who you want to revive with a 10% chance of success. Also, if you succeed at reviving someone, the town people can never vote you out. If you use your power, your role is revealed. You cannot attempt to revive the same person more than once in a round.

Town Fanatic
You start the game off knowing half of the roles. (Kira and L are never revealed to you.) Every Friday, your role is revealed in the act of you introducing yourself to everyone at the town's High School football game.

2nd Kira /L Successor
The rule is the same, except now it applies if Kira/L dies before turn 6.

30 PLAYERS (MAX)

Assassin
Once per round you can kill one person 100%. This power can be used only once a round. If the Police Chief interrogates you, you're arrested/killed.

Debt Collector
You may control up to two people's votes AND their roles for one turn twice a round. You can only use this power twice a week, and after using the power, you must wait at least one day before using it again. Following the second use of your power, you may only control one person with the same restrictions. You only keep collected powers/votes for that one turn. When you use your power, your role is revealed as well as the names (not roles) of the people you have controlled.

2nd Kira /L Successor
The rule is the same, but now applies if Kira/L dies before turn 7.

OTHERS

Ghosts
You vote just as other people do. Once every other turn, one ghost (The first to claim the possession), unless otherwise stated, can choose to possess anyone and control their role and vote for one turn. The appropriate owner of that title unable to do anything; vote OR use their power.

Townspeople
Townies are role-less. At the discretion of the GM, each townie may be given two people that are also townspeople, forming triads. Kira and L are included in the triads also. Sometimes there will be some groups of 4 in order to fit everyone in.
Force Interrogation: If half of the living townspeople (rounded up) PM the GM, they can force-interrogate someone. The first person that reaches the GM decides who to interrogate. This interrogation is done publicly. Kira is NOT hidden, but L is. If the person interrogated is Kira, he dies, and the game is over or the successor rule activates. Kira and L can Force Interrogate also as a means to conceal themselves. ONLY TOWNIES (PLAYERS IN THE TRIADS) MAY FORCE INTERROGATE.

Childhood Bullies
Among the townspeople are three Childhood Bullies. If Kira kills them, I tell L one person that isn't Kira. This is NOT considered a role; you are considered a townie until killed.

CHAIN OF EVENTS
Doctor Operation
Maniac Suicide
Town Kill-
-Watari Protection
-Lawyer Protection
-Protector Protection
Kira Kill
L’s Kira Accusation
Murder Attempt
Assassination
Force Interrogation

Good Advice:
-The main Kira-team strategy is to be powerful and make strong attacks, though you'll often be unorganized and have to rely on luck.
-The main L-team strategy is to be organized and plan ahead, however, these plans and attacks will be weak and one missing key might ruin things.
-Don't just vote for whoever the first person voted for. Vote with your mind.
-The ghosts and suicide ghost should try to not synchronize possessions; that way there is one possession per turn.
-Even if you're dead, keep playing and trying to help your team out.
-Always force interrogate. It never hurts.
-Be careful on who you trust.
-Remember how people acted in previous rounds, try to find personality patterns.
-Those on Kira-team should use the Shinigami to talk to Kira, and L-team should use Watari to talk to L.
-Shinigami, be careful on who you vote for, especially when you have a super vote. Other people, watch the Shinigami on just who he/she votes for. Same goes for the mayor.
-Protector, don't just protect randomly, because you may protect someone you don't want to.
-Suicidal Maniac, don't use your power right away; the GM can only tell you a role of someone who is still alive. With that in mind, don't wait too long to kill yourself, because if you die by other causes, you won't get your special treatment.
-Police Chief, always interrogate. Only arrest people that might be working against your team; arresting randomly might just hurt you.
-L, don't kill randomly. Be sure about your target. If you guess wrong, you might kill someone important to you, and then Kira gets the upper-hand.
-Kira, don't just kill townies, because within the townies are the childhood bullies that will hurt you. And don't forget that the people with role's might be able to bring you down.
-Assassin, you only get one kill, so don't use it right away, but don't wait for someone to possess you and take it away from you.

Please add this thread to your watchlist if you intend to play.

Current Players:
xellos88
geminigirl
sajeev50
ChaosVincent1 - Watari
DarkPhoenix
leonhart321
TitanAura - Shinigami
WeirdSmells
02MARTIA
Zairak
easygoinguchiha
Fenrir502
killshot
Eia
Lerena
HolyShadow
kyuubikitXD
AsteriskRocks
KawaitaSakebi
aaaaaaaaah - Police Chief
Spoofs3
JesusRocks
gcar90
Insane85
MrsSallyBakura
bakurachick
narutostarwars
Ave
yamiangie
agrajagthetesty

Shinigami King's notebook (Hall of Fame):

Round 1
KawaitaSakebi (Faithful Townie): As a rookie player, Force Interrogated first every turn.
MrsSallyBakura (Primary L): Was L in the first round and managed to kill Kira.
Spoofs3 (Primary Kira): Was Kira in the first round and managed to kill L.
easygoinguchiha (Hitman for hire): Worked for Watari the entire round as the murderer.

Round 2:
OverMind (Watari at his best): Epic Watari is epic.
TitanAura (Comedy relief): "*censored* Hm? Relevance? What's that?"
easygoinguchiha (His art is dead): Led Kira team in quote..."OverMind's hardest opposition ever."
KawaitaSakebi (Doubly faithful): Seriously, your activity makes the rest of us look bad. >.>
Old 11-03-2008
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

I SIGN UP SERIOUS
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: F**K DINOSAURS!!!

I sign up!
Old 11-03-2008
Stephen

Blurb: Oh, no, no, no. I'm a rocket man!
Marshmallow

I'm confused by rules, but I SIGN UP!
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: Yare yare dawa!
Marshmallow

I will sign up. :D
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: I got face to personaly mess with me

where back baby
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: Finally at rest, the loving king

I SIGN UP!
Old 11-03-2008

I sign up.
Old 11-03-2008

7 players... ALREADY!!!
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: Haha, that's a funny word. =D

I'll give it a shot...though I'm rather confused.
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: You would think I'd have learned by now, but no.

You know what, what the fuck, I sign up.
Old 11-03-2008

you can learn as you go.
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: Haha, that's a funny word. =D

Ok, thanks. :-)
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

If only gameguy and lkrulz were here...
Old 11-03-2008

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: Yare yare dawa!
Marshmallow

I know where LKR is. :D
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: Busy calibrating.

I'm so confused, but I sign up as well! :D
Hopefully I'll figure it out at some point! ^__^
Old 11-03-2008

I think gameguy created a new account...
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

I said gameguy, not incognito.
Old 11-03-2008

I'm thinking ggbhtg
gg = GameGuy
but it's just a suspicion.
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: Finally at rest, the loving king

No, ggbhtg was around before Gameguy got banned.
Old 11-03-2008

Wow, that's a set of rules. I sign up.
Old 11-03-2008
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Epic... it's back in business... ^_^
Old 11-03-2008

Blurb: And then...The Kid fell to his death. Nah, I'm just foolin.

What is this wizardry? The deathnote game back?

I sign up.
Old 11-03-2008

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

I sign up.
Also, I'm unsure of something.
A 'mayor' was mentioned a few times, but nothing more indepth than that. Is this something I need not know?
Old 11-04-2008

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

If we can get some of the mods and the old players to join, then we'd be golden. I've skimmed over the rules and they are consistent with what HeavyDDR set up. Heck, I'm even glad that the character I came up with is popular enough to be included with this latest incarnation of the game (see Lawyer).

I'm going to join next round. However, I'm going to spectate in the meantime.
Old 11-04-2008
BANNEDARCHER!

Sorry, the Mayor is Watari. I did not go through and edit all of the references.
Old 11-04-2008
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

HOORAY!

I knew it couldn't stay dead forever.

I sign up.
Old 11-04-2008
BANNEDARCHER!

Rules slightly updated, and all the Mayor references have been changed to Watari.
Old 11-04-2008

hey guys I found the book I wrote down a few game notes in for the old game I'm if I have record of the round Xellos was the mayor that everyone turned on. Sadly I think I totaly deleated all my typed notes on the game.
Closed Thread