This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Forum Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2011
Banned

Default Death Note Mafia-Game 4 Sign-ups! At least three more players needed!

Social Group Link(For game discussion, comments, ideas, and suggestions): Death Note Mafia Social Group

I've decided to go ahead and start the sign-up thread for this. I played Death Note Mafia at a convention, and it was really fun. I saw some people had made online versions on other sites, but most had already ended and looked pretty complicated. I know there are some games here that are similar to this, but I took a little peek at their rules and think this will be different enough.

For those of you who don't know how the game works, let me lay out for you the order in which things will happen:

-A sign-up period will be held and eventually end when I feel we have enough players. If you want to un-sign up, you have to post this in the thread. You can't just delete your sign-up post.

-Roles will be given out via PM, some with special powers that will be explained in said PM. An explanation for all the roles will also be included further down in this post, but keep in mind that not all those characters will neccessarily appear in each game. There will always be at least one Kira and one L, as well as a few Investigators. Other special characters and additional Kiras will be added or subtracted depending on the number of people who sign up. At this current time, I plan to announce which roles are not participating in each game.

-Day Phase will be announced and will last about a day or until the voting reaches majority. I will ultimately decide when it ends. During this period, all participants may post in this thread and talk amongst themselves. Try not to get too crazy. You can vote for who you want to kill or to go to sleep and move on to the Night Phase. Voting and talking are not mandatory, but are highly suggested. Players who don't really seem to participate at all are no fun to play with. Only one person can be killed during this phase. When a person is killed, their identity will be revealed. In the case of a tie, Randomizer will decide what happens.

-Night Phase will be announced. This may be extended on occasion, depending on the circumstances. During this period, most special characters must PM me and use their powers, which will be elaborated on when I go into character roles. If a long time passes, and I have not heard from a certain individual, their understudy will be contacted. The understudies will be explained further down.

-The Day Phase will begin again when the time comes. I will reveal who has been killed, but not who killed them. Their identities will also be revealed, and an updated player list will be posted. If a person was chosen to be killed but was spared for some reason, I will not reveal this.

-The game will continue until victory is reached. How each character/group wins varies, so I will go more into this in the character roles.

Characters:

Investigators(Chief Yagami, Matsuda, Mogi, Aizawa, Ukita, Raye, Naomi)-The non-special characters, they are the good guys who want to catch Kira. Though special characters, L, Watari, and Near are also considered part of this group. Mello is not officially considered an Investigator, but he can choose to side with them.
Win Conditions: In order for the Investigators to win, they must kill all the Kiras.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Kira(Light, Misa, and Mikami)-The three Death Note users, they are the only players who will know eachother's identities. Mello is not officially considered a Kira, but he can choose to side with them.
Power-Each night, they must talk amongst themselves over PM and agree on someone to kill, then PM their choice to me. All Kiras must PM me this choice, so I know they've reached an agreement on this person.
Win Condition-In order for the Kiras to win, they must outnumber the Investigators mentioned above.
Notes-If one of the Kiras is targeted by Shidoh, they will lose their Death Note and their power. They are still considered a Kira. If Rem gives one of these Death Note's to a Kira, they can choose to give it back to its owner during a Night Phase, but can't vote to kill that night if they do. If a Kira wants to return a notebook, they must PM me and tell me.
L-The head of the Investigators, who want to stop the Kiras.
Power-Each night, he must PM me the name of person he wants to investigate. I will then tell him whether or not that person is a Kira.
Win Condition-His win condition is the same as the other Investigators.
Watari-L's butler, he is also considered part of the Investigators.
Power-Each night, he must PM me the name of person he wants to investigate. I will then tell him whether or not that person is L. Understudy to L and Near.
Win Conditions-His win condition is the same as the other Investigators.
His power is somewhat similar to L's, in that he can investigate a single person during each Night Phase. He must PM that person's name to me, and I will tell him whether or not they are L. His win condition is the same as the other Investigators.
Near-Second in line to L, he will inherit L's powers if L dies.
Power-Each night, he must PM me the name of person he wants to investigate. I will then tell him whether or not that person is a Kira. Understudy to L.
Win Conditions-His win condition is the same as the other Investigators.
Notes-Can't use his powers until L has died.
Mello-Third in line to L, he can be considered a wild card, in that he is neither fully a villain nor a hero. At the start of each game, he must PM me with his allegience-the Kiras or the Investigators.
Power-Each night, he must PM me the name of a person he wants to kill.
Win Conditions-Mello's win conditions vary, depending on whose side he chooses to be on. It is basically the same as that of whichever side he chooses to be on.
Notes-If targeted by Shidoh, he can lose his Death Note, thus robbing him of the ability to kill. He can then reveal his identity to Shidoh and request his notebook back, via PMing me.
Matt-Fourth in line to L, he is a friend of Mello's. As such, he will automatically be on the same side as Mello.
Power-Each night, he must PM me the name of a person he wants to wiretap. Any PMs sent to the GM from this person until the next Night will be forwarded to him.
Win Conditions-Matt's win conditions vary, depending on whose side Mello chooses to be on. It is basically the same as that of whichever side he chooses to be on.
Wedy-Something of a freelance agent, Wedy currently works for L.
Power-Each night, she must PM me the name of a person she wants to investigate. She will then learn that player's role. If she investigates a Kira, she has a 50% chance of being killed as a result.
Win Conditions-The same as that of the Investigators.
Shidoh-A shinigami in league with Mello.
Power-Each night, he must choose someone. If that person is a Kira or Mello, they will lose their notebook. He can choose to either take the notebook or use his power again the following night. If he has the notebook, he then has the option to kill one person each night, instead of using his other powers. He must PM me with his choice. Understudy to Mello.
Win Conditions-He will win if he gets all the notebooks or Mello remains alive.
Notes-If Shidoh doesn't get the notebook, it might be taken by Rem. Once he has it, he can choose to give it back to Mello if Mello requests it. As long as he has it, he can kill one person each night instead of using his other powers, if he wants.
Jealous-A shinigami who has strong feelings for Misa.
Power-Each night, he must choose someone other than himself to protect. If that person is targeted by a Kira or Mello, they will be spared. Each protection only lasts for the night it is given.
Win Conditions-He will win as long as Misa remains alive.
Notes-Even if he is killed, the person he protected that night will still be safe.
Rem-A shinigami who cares for Misa, I've created her role and win condition in this game, as she wasn't part of the card version of this game that I played.
Power-If Shidoh succeeds in disabling a Kira or Mello, she can get the notebook or protect Misa. Rem will not know when a notebook is available, so she must PM me to search for one instead of using another of her powers. Once Rem has a notebook in her possession, her options for the next night will be the following: Use the notebook to kill L at the cost of her own life, give the notebook to someone, search for a Death Note, or protect Misa. She must PM me her choice, and she can only protect Misa a total of three times. Each protection only lasts for the night it is given. She can choose to not take any action at all. Understudy to Jealous.
Win Conditions-She will win if Misa survives.
Notes-She can only be used if both Misa and Shidoh are used. If Rem gives the notebook to someone, they can either accept it(giving them the ability to kill one person each night instead of using any other power they have that night, if they choose) or, in the case of the Investigators only, give the notebook to L or Near(if L is dead). Neither L or Near can use the book, but they can destroy it instead of investigating someone at night. If someone other than a Kira or Mello accepts the book, and uses it to kill, they will be considered a Kira, along with whatever character they are. They can choose to remain anonymous or ask me via PM to join the other Kiras' circle. If they join the Kiras' circle, they can no longer kill whomever they want, and must agree with the group.

Rules:

-After sign-up ends and the game starts, do not post in this section if you are not part of the game. If you have any questions or something, PM me.

-Please don't cheat. Follow your character's guidelines. If you are caught breakings rules, you're out and will be barred from future games. Only the Kiras can communicate with one another via PM, but only during the Night Phase.

-Read this whole post VERY carefully and follow the instructions.

-If you are a special character PMing me with your choice, please indicate as much in your PM title, with titles such as "The Kiras Choice" or "L's decision". In your PMs, clearly state what power you want to use and on who.

-The two phases begin and end when I say. Sometimes, a phase will end sooner, if all actions have been completed or something like that. For example, if everyone votes to go to sleep, the Daytime Phase will immediately end. If no further action can be taken during the day, it will end. Once all special characters have PMed me their choices, the Night Phase will end.

-Any game questions, even from participants, must be PMed to me. Like, if you don't understand your role.

-If you are a special character who can act, PM me during the Night Phase.

-It's recommened that all participants turn on the option for PM notifications, so that they will be emailed or get a pop-up notice. All participants may want to suscribe to this thread so they don't forget.

-Once you're dead, you can still post, but you can't give any hints if you know someone's identity, nor can you vote. Don't even pretend-vote, because with so many players, it's easy for me to mistakenly count a vote from a dead player.

-Do not join in if you think you can't post regularily. If there are any issues that will prevent you from posting, contact me, and I'll see what I can do. Also, remember that people are human. I need to sleep too, so I may on occassion end/start the phases at little earlier or later than originally stated.

-You can not change or take back your votes. And you can't take back which power you decided to use or who you decided to use it on.

-PMs special characters send me during the Daytime Phases will usually be considered null, unless there is a specific reason the PM was sent at that time. This cannot happen on a regular basis.

-Please try and participate. You don't technically have to speak up during the Daytime Phases, but it's good for the game. The same goes for those of you that have special powers. The game can't continue during a Night Phase until you've all contacted me. In the case of special powers, attempting to cheat by repeatedly being absent in an effort not to have to choose anyone will result in removal from the game. If there is a reason why you can't contact me during the Night Phase, explain and PM me your choice and action during the Day Phase.

-Read through this thread carefully once the game begins. It's good to know what's going on. People keep trying to PM me and use their powers during the Daytime Phase.@_@

-People new to this kind of game, please know that you shouldn't generally reveal who you are. I'm just worried I'll pass out the roles and people will complain and reveal who they got. You CAN say who you are, but it's wise to only do that as a form of strategy.

-Due to some participation problems, most special characters will have understudies in the form of another character. If they fail after an extended period of time to contact me with a name or an action, then I will PM their understudy. The understudies will not know who the username of the person they make choices for, and in the cases of stuff like investigations, it will still be the original person who gets the information. L's understudy will be Near or Watari(if Near is dead), Near's understudy will be Watari and vice-versa, Wedy's understudy will be Watari, Jealous' understudy will be Rem, and Mello's understudy will be Matt and vice-versa. Since there is usually more than one Kira, they will not really need understudies. If it comes down to one Kira who is not present, Rem will be the understudy. Due to the nature of their powers, Rem and Shidoh will not have understudies.

-If a Majority is reached, voting is frozen.

-This is a fast-paced game and participation is a must. Please do not sign up if you will not be readily available to play. Players are expected to join in the Daytime Phase discussions, vote when people are accused, and PM me promptly if they have special powers to use. If you keep people waiting, understudies might be contacted, or you might even be removed from the game, if it gets bad enough.

Extra Notes:

This is a game of strategy. Kiras can plot amongst themselves over PM at night or one can even come up with a plan on their own and keep it a secret from the others. They can take a risk and betray one another. L can reveal his identity in an effort to protect himself when accused or in order to reveal Kira. Another person can falsely claim the identity of L. You can ask Jealous to protect you or even ask Kira to spare you. The possibilities are endless, and it may take an insane risk to achiecve victory. So, who cares to sign up?

Updates:

-Added an Updates section.
-Removed rule about non-Kiras not being allowed to communicate privately.
-Instead of accusations, players can simply vote to kill a player or vote to sleep.
-Added that ties will be decided by Randomizer.
-Just staying alive is no longer one of Mello's win conditions.
-Added that voting will freeze once a majority is reached.
-Added Matt and Wedy roles and their understudies.
-Changed Mello's understudy from Shidoh to Matt.

Current Participants
Player 1-Feball3001
Player 2-Chaos_Soul
Player 3-bakurachick
Player 4-OhMaliciousMe
Player 5-OverMind
Player 6-Ave
Player 7-LittleGirl
Player 8-Mystical
Player 9-Keiralovesbakura
Player 10-LordZorc
Player 11-TheOcean
Player 12-Zariu
Player 13-grimfang999
Player 14-Xanadu
Player 15-
Player 16-
Player 17-
Player 18-
Player 19-

Last edited by YamiChan; 06-11-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2011

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

I'll sign up.
Old 04-20-2011
Banned

Added you.^^ People, keep in mind, if this seems complicated, it's really not. When I first played the card game, I was really confused and daunted, but caught on really quick. And you can ask questions here if you need to, but only while the sign-up is going on.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

Also, it's not really a card game in the sense people might think. I've asked for the title to be changed.^^;
Old 04-21-2011

Blurb: It's everyone else who is upside down
Send a message via MSN to Feball3001

I'll also sign up
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

Yay!^^ I hope we can get some more people. All seventeen would be great.D :
Old 04-21-2011
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

I'll sign up.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

Glad to hear it.^^ We still need a lot more people.D :
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

If people are choosing not to sign up for a non-mean reason, would they care to share? It might be helpful to know if there are problems.>_>
Old 04-21-2011

Location: Previously Uranus; Relocated to Neptune; Then dragged against my will to Pluto
Blurb: This is pathetic and sardonic. It's sadistic and psychotic..

i sign up. word.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

Your name has been added.^^
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

I'd like to get at least fifteen players... Feel free to convince your friends.: P
Old 04-21-2011
AssterGray Mod

Blurb: i set my clocks early cos i know i'm always late
Send a message via MSN to AsterGray

yeah sure i'll sign up.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

Great.^^ Now that the other Mafia game has ended, maybe more people will sign up here.
Old 04-21-2011

Blurb: If I save time, when do I get it back?

or its just right here........
i'll sign up.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

Now we're on our way.^^
Old 04-21-2011
Boss

I guess I'll sign up.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

: D I'd like to get at least seven more players. We only have seventeen roles.
Old 04-21-2011

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17

Sign me up.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

Great!^^

Oh, and I just wanted to direct everyone to Rem's notes, which I edited. Sorry for the late change, but I just realized I totally forgot that part.@_@ Also, don't be afraid of getting confused. If you are given a Death Note, for example, when I PM you to tell you this, I will clarify what this means and what your options are.
Old 04-21-2011

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

I sign up.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

Added!^^ Just a few more!
Old 04-21-2011

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

My second, third, and hidden fourth personality all sign up, too.

Wait, I didn't write that. Never mind.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

O_o?

Anyway, does anyone have any questions currently?
Old 04-21-2011
TOOMAH

Blurb: Every Villain Is Lemons

I sign up! KATTOBINGU!
Old 04-22-2011
Banned

I'm not sure what that last word means, but you're added!^^ I'd like to get at least four more players, though that means three roles will not be used in this game-most likely Shidoh, Rem, and Watari, unless more people sign up.
Old 04-22-2011
TOOMAH

Blurb: Every Villain Is Lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiChan View Post
I'm not sure what that last word means, but you're added!^^
It means "Bring it on!"
It's also the catchphrase of Yuma Tsukumo.
Old 04-22-2011
Banned

Just to let everyone know, I did make one more little change to the rules. Originally, you could only accuse one person each day. I've changed this back to what the rules were in the card game. Only one person can be killed during each Day Phase. This means that, if an accused is successful at defending themselves, then another person can be accused.
Old 04-22-2011

Blurb: Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon~

I'll sign up.
Old 04-22-2011
Banned

Added you!^^ One of the reasons Rem's powers are what they are, is so Investigators and such can have more fun. Since they usually don't have any powers, there's little action they can take, other then maybe lying about their identity.