This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2010

Blurb: TheOcean is waving.

It gets personal when they take down Fred. Only 4 viewers will be upset.
Old 12-29-2010

Blurb: Scar got de monies.
Send a message via MSN to FluffyFTW

If Fred gets suspended, I will protest at parliament.
Old 12-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyFTW View Post
If Fred gets suspended, I will protest at parliament.
AMG your avatar is awesome
Old 12-30-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
^ Exactly. Although NAS isn't a small company - they're the ones who make the series in Japan. They're responsible for Duel Monsters, and its demon spawn sequel series'.
wow, it was NAS, lol, ok so not smallest company ever then <_<.....still though isn't big compared to someone like LucasFilm which is ironic considering how little LucasFilm probably produces in comparison lol

=In U-tubes defence though, got to remember they are mutli-national organisation that need to keep lot of different...big.....companies happy, so while what they do sucks, in their eyes, better to pee off few hundred-thousand internet nerds than 5 over payed lawyers because in the end they are ones who are liable for misconduct on their site and so like all corporations they would rather be miles on the right side of the line, than even a foot into wrong side of it -_-
Old 12-30-2010

Maybe the Zuiikin gals got them banned? And I'm not even kidding...
Old 12-31-2010

Lame. If anything, the abridged series brought Yu-Gi-Oh more fans and inspired old fans to finish watching where they had left off before.
Old 12-31-2010
Maka

In this thread. We baw and comfort each other.
Old 12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmagician21 View Post
Probably. Most likely.
Old 12-31-2010

Blurb: Nacho pizza... bring it >=]
Default LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmagician21 View Post
That's freaking hilarious but maybe O.O
Old 01-02-2011

Blurb: I am the Monk of Space

Now its the Season 0 pilot too! Good thing I memorized it from watching it so much.
Old 01-02-2011

I think the Japanese are rebeling... We must kill their families!!
Old 01-02-2011

Blurb: Failing at fail since 1990

Hold on, NAS took it down, but as much as they own the rights to Duel Monsters onwards, they do not own the rights to Season 0. Toei does. That is a false DMCA notice.
Old 01-02-2011
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

LK has said that he figures that he'll get his account back up within a few weeks anyways. I think YouTube is trying to do a better job at reversing false copyright claims.
Old 01-02-2011

Well, there was a lot of pain on YouTube over the Downfall parodies, so maybe YouTube learned from that (as did Constantin Film AG, who now makes money from the Downfall parodies). The problem is that three DMCA strikes constitutes permanent account banning, and he'd have to legally challenge that (I should know myself as I had three DMCA strikes against my account, after one false DMCA flagging three years ago)
Old 01-02-2011
Chumba Wumba

gg, think that is true, like I said though u-tube will always stand on the side caution because most very day users like us don't have team of highly pays lawyers to actually take these claims forward

-I think the problem is not so much with u-tube but with the companies who constantly and unnecessarily bring forward these frivolous claims -_-
=U tube are being bit weak but in end they need to watch own backs, however these companies who defend their like its a holy art need to get in touch with their fans more
Old 01-03-2011

Blurb: HURR HURR DURR Blurp...

This marks the 3rd time I believe Lk has gotten banned.

I wonder whats gonna happen now.....
Old 01-03-2011

Mean while, full episodes are still available on YouTube. How hypocritical. Again, it's not about protecting copyright, it's about making examples, as I said on a recent vlog video on YouTube.
Old 01-03-2011

No, he'd have to start a new account, and I bet NAS are waiting for it to happen. Instead, what I'd do is push YGOTAS through other sites, as many as possible, including the torrent sites.

From Wikipedia about Fair Use in parodies:

Quote:
Producers or creators of parodies of a copyrighted work have been sued for infringement by the targets of their ridicule, even though such use may be protected as fair use. These fair use cases distinguish between parodies (using a work in order to poke fun at or comment on the work itself) and satires (using a work to poke fun at or comment on something else). Courts have been more willing to grant fair use protections to parodies than to satires, but the ultimate outcome in either circumstance will turn on the application of the four fair use factors.

In Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc.[16] Supreme Court recognized parody as a fair use, even when done for profit. Roy Orbison's publisher, Acuff-Rose Music Inc., had sued 2 Live Crew in 1989 for their use of Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman" in a mocking rap version with altered lyrics. The Supreme Court viewed 2 Live Crew's version as a ridiculing commentary on the earlier work, and ruled that when the parody was itself the product rather than used for mere advertising, commercial sale did not bar the defense. The Campbell court also distinguished parodies from satire, which they described as a broader social critique not intrinsically tied to ridicule of a specific work, and so not deserving of the same use exceptions as parody because the satirist's ideas are capable of expression without the use of the other particular work.

A number of appellate decisions have recognized parody as a protected fair use, including both the Second (Leibovitz v. Paramount Pictures Corp.) and Ninth Circuits (Mattel v. Walking Mountain Productions). Most recently, in Suntrust v. Houghton Mifflin, a suit was brought unsuccessfully against the publication of The Wind Done Gone, which reused many of the characters and situations from Gone with the Wind, but told the events from the point of view of the slaves rather than the slaveholders. The Eleventh Circuit, applying Campbell, recognized that The Wind Done Gone was a protected parody, and vacated the district court's injunction against its publication.

Last edited by ggctuk; 01-03-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2011

Quote:
Mean while, full episodes are still available on YouTube. How hypocritical. Again, it's not about protecting copyright, it's about making examples, as I said on a recent vlog video on YouTube.
Aren't the full episodes uploaded by 4kids? A copyright holder...

Edit: Suddenly, I think I get what you meant.

Last edited by Cuber; 01-03-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-03-2011

No, 4Kids shut their account down some time ago. I think NAS got to them too. For ages, people have been uploading episodes on YouTube in parts. The Japanese companies are all doing the same thing - targeting parodies and AMVs instead of tackling the real problem and taking full episodes down.

Where will it end? Will they next ban fan art and doujinshi?

Last edited by ggctuk; 01-03-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-03-2011
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
No, 4Kids shut their account down some time ago. I think NAS got to them too. For ages, people have been uploading episodes on YouTube in parts. The Japanese companies are all doing the same thing - targeting parodies and AMVs instead of tackling the real problem and taking full episodes down.

=well if they upload it then don't think hypocritical par-say as their choice to do what want with it and think with amount poeple upload then probably not hypocritical if their losing the battle battle, however if make no effort to challenge the actual problem then is problem is there and think this is clearly just hitting out at easy target

=What makes no sense is why they hate paradies so much when they simply don't effect their sales negatively....I mean I cannot understand why they think it would be counter-productive that someone uses a picture they own in a funny way.....has anyone seen Yu Gi abridged and though, well thanks to LK I now know never to watch that show.
-Simply not way our minds work, so my own conclusion is that they take affront to abridging because it makes fun of them and their work and so they take them down because don't like being made fun of (another reason don't dislike 4kids despite their problems, least they realised how stupid it was to attack LK)

=However GG while that pecie on copyright law is interesting, in this case is completely irrelevant because that is US bill and caselaw, while the defendant (LK) is based in England and the claimant (NG) is based in Japan, so the US has no jurisdiction here, well unless diect effect suddenly becomes recognised law to anyone but the US-legal joke is illegal <_<

Actually this is one of major problems of copyright law, normally really hard to know whom has jurisdiction and what law takes precedent, another problem is that generally Fair Use Acts all take submissive position to Freedom of Contract, so lot of time companies will place in their sale to you a disclaimer basically covering/removing this act completely and though Judges can (depending on country) stick these as unfair terms, they can enforce them as well, making whole thing a legal minefield
=Actually all of copyright law is a joke worldwide because generally Victorian principles of justice are being applied to modern day technology and societies worldwide and simply means the law is confused, mushy and unfair to the point that no longer even does what it was made to do,
-the thing needs world wide reform however getting all nationals to do that is like general international impossible because customs and treaties take so long to enact

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 01-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2011

Quote:

Their youtube channel is still up, but stuff like Yu-gi-oh is gone.. lame. Everything they have there is blocked in the UK it seems, also lame.

There's a link to a place you can watch Yu-gi-oh online on their channel, but that's also blocked in the UK...
Old 01-03-2011
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

But the last 2 times LK got banned was with his original account, not with CardGamesFTW.

This is the first time CardGamesFTW has gotten banned, right?
Old 01-03-2011

Blurb: Eternally balancing well mannered and insane natures
Send a message via MSN to ggbhtg

Yep, and didn't someone say already that CardGamesFTW will be back in a few weeks? Because it will. At least that's what LK said.
Old 01-04-2011

Is there any way to put the squeeze on the people responsible? I'm putting the question straight to Little Kuriboh. How can we get you back to stay on a channel just for Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged?
Old 01-05-2011

It's back for all those who did not know already:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CardGamesFTW
Old 01-05-2011

Blurb: "Hair Security School-Where Mullet Guy Flunked, and Hair Guy Barley Passed"

HOORAY! *puts down torch and ion blaster*
Old 01-05-2011

Blurb: I don't know how to deal with that...
Send a message via MSN to Deadbeatloser22

Well, that was quick.
Old 01-05-2011

Send a message via AIM to TitanAura

Excellent. Now let this thread die slowly and miserably.
Old 01-06-2011

Wow, that was pretty fast. Is the memory of Downfall Parodies vs Constantin Film still fresh in YouTube's mind?
Closed Thread