This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

**Spoilers Warning: From the Manga**

Isn't Tobi/Madara Uchiha the leader of Akatsuki (Or de fact leader since he's the one pulling the strings from behind the scenes)?

There just seem to be a lot of coincidences that give weight to the Tobi/Obito theory (Some weak points, and some strong points):

#1: Obito gave his left eye to Kakashi. Tobi's mask shows him to have the sharingan for at least the right eye. (Strong Point)
#2: The letters for "Tobi" are embedded in the name "Obito". (Weak Point)
#3: Tobi reveals he is Madara Uchiha. Thus, is it not possible that the name Tobi is, in fact, just another pseudoname he uses? (Weak Point).
#4: Tobi has a goofy personality, similar to Obito's (Strong Point).
#5: Tobi's face has yet to be revealed (Weak Point).
#6: From Wikipedia,
Quote:
He [Tobi] also has several bolts or pins present on the arms of his uniform, now obscured by his Akatsuki cloak.
Perhaps, Obito somehow survived the explosion that was supposed to kill him but was seriously maimed. Then, a secret sub-plot ensued in which he was re-built and christened with an alias (akin to Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader). Of course, this is just a theory. We don't know, conclusively, what those bolts and pins are (Weak Point).

Even if all of this isn't true, it's still interesting to theorize until we actually find out the truth.
Old 11-19-2007

Quote:
No no, the english part isn't the problem, the song itself is just a piece of crap, music and all,
Must just be my love of terrible generic ska music that enjoys it then, obviously apart from the english bits which just annoy me.
Old 10-07-2008

Maybe it's just me but..Is Naruto getting a bit too obessed with getting Sasuke back? (I'm a Sasunaru fan, but I just have to ask).
Old 10-08-2008

oh no....i thought this thread died as everyone came togethe under the general thought that, YES, Shippuuden sucks
Old 10-10-2008

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

Well, it's slightly better now.
I thought the thread died because it reached its peak during the "Save Gaara" arc which, it seemed, was unnecessarily extended to resemble some sort of filler.

I may be an idiot for realizing this now, but it seems that the fillers coincide and end with the release of Naruto movies. If I am indeed correct, then, we're probably going to see a few more of them (unfortunately).

***Spoilers below***

As for the show currently, I'm particularly excited about the current arc (don't hate me). There's less Naruto in it, and more Shikamaru and Asuma (well, not for long), characters that I feel are severely underdeveloped (especially Asuma). And their battle with Akatsuki has been awesome so far (so much has happened in 2 episodes).

***Spoilers end***

This series really is hit-and-miss and, unfortunately, it seemed to have had a lot of misses in the beginning.
Old 10-11-2008

Well the last filler was made to extend our view on Asuma while moving into the current arc. And unfortunately that filler was more interesting, better animated, better acting, better comedy, and a much more fluid transition then everything beforehand and so far now.

THAT is why ShiTpuuden sucks, the misses in the beginning were for 20+ episdes STRAIGHT of crap, hitting 1 1/2 episode that was amazing, and then 20+ MORE episodes of shit. And in every way it is bad, not just some. I'd watch an animated gif of the current OP with it's fight scene in it then watch the terrible fight we just witnessed with Asuma in the last few episodes, and it'd be better. And possibly more emotional. So if the filler is gonna keep coming, I will welcome it as it'll probably be better than what is actually going on. The reason the show suffered so much was they put all their damn time and money into that first movie, so the first 25 episodes were bad. and then we hit partial Sasuke and filler and it gets better and then we're hitting possible BAD again as the enwest movie is a coming, where they probably put more time into it also.