This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007

ok, i know this might not count as tv, but whatever.
ok, what do u guys think of naruto the abridged series, yugioh the abridged series, or any abridged series u know in general?
pleze people's, respect other people's opinions. dont flame them cuz they may like or not like one or the other. and dont come here just to pick fights with fans. if u wanna do that, make ur own forum.

so, enjoy!! ^-^
Old 07-21-2007

Of course, YGO: TAS beats them all. Having never watched Naruto, I've never actually watched any Naruto Abridged episodes. I DID, however, see a Naruto Abridged comment special, and I have to admit, I thought it was pretty good.
Old 07-21-2007

yugioh abridges is the best, then yu yu hakusho the abridged series, then naruto the abridged series. in naruto, they just sorta stopped making fun of the show and started making random jokes. but its still funny.
Old 07-21-2007

Ive seen many abridged series like yu yu hakusho the abridged series, Naruto, pokemon, but none of them compared to Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged series, you know what im gonna watch it now
Old 07-21-2007

Berserk Abridged is good. I'm sure I understood most of it but as I've never seen Berserk I probably didnb't get a lot of the jokes as they were intended.
Old 07-21-2007

YGO abridged: Fantastic, nuff said.

Naruto Abridged: Awesome as well, although I find it reuses a LOT of it's jokes continuously and later on in the series the voices don't differentiate that much. Other than that fantastic.

FMA Abridged: Quite good, the first two episodes were very disapointing, but I was surprised, looking at the latest episode, how much it's come along. I think the voices (particulary Alphonses) are great, mike quality is good though there are one or two mess ups. The humour is different to the others and doesn't need to rely a lot on sexual innuendos, it's more of a random yet relevant humour.

Saiyuki Reloaded abridged: I like this one, very proffesional, great voices and mike quality, and the humour is great too. The maker is also and experienced video editor. However at times it doesn't feel like a parody, instead more like a remade, shorter production.

Sailor Moon Abridged: This has it's moments. Some of the humour is great, and I like the voices. But, even though it's had only two episodes, it's already hosting an opening contest. The mike quality isn't always great, and at times the editing it very choppy and amateur. A lot of the humour is also quite forced.

Death Note abridged: No longer available on youtube (the one made by Tioh) however it can still be found on dailymotion. I liked this one a lot, some eps were better than others but some moments were just golden. The voices were good, editing was too, and really I give them kudos for trying to make a series that hadn't been dubbed yet. Shame it never got past 5 eps.
Old 07-21-2007

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

1. YGO
2. Naruto
3. Sailor Moon

Everything else isn't worth watching.
Old 07-21-2007

I watched a lot of Abridges, really. I watch, YGO of course, Naruto, Yu Yu, FMA, Saikyuki and Sailor Moon, oh I forgot Bersek.

YGO is #1
Yu Yu # 2
Berserk # 3
Naruto # 4
FMA # 5
Sailor Moon and Saikyuki tie for 6th for me.
Old 07-22-2007

Yeah, I noticed that Naruto: Abridged has just started to tell its own story rather than spoof the actual one.
Old 07-22-2007

Yeah...it's more or less relying on it's own jokes than series based jokes, E.G. The Log and The rower.
Old 07-22-2007

Quote:
1. YGO
2. Naruto
3. Sailor Moon

Everything else isn't worth watching.
Zing, that hurt. Well if anyone hasn't checked out my Pokemon abridged episodes, take a look at my profile. I feel it's definitely one of the better attempts out of all the 10 millions lurking around, but you can be the judge of that.
Old 07-23-2007

#1 Yu-Gi-Oh
#2 Yu Yu Hakusho
#3 Naruto
#4 Sailor Moon
Old 07-25-2007

I think dragonball the abridged series is Really good.
Please note the creators name been the same as mine is a total coinsidence...
Old 07-25-2007

Abridged is the best probably because it's the funniest and the 1st(that im aware of) Another one i watch is Pokeman it's a Pokemon abridged series by CaptnAwesomee so it's quiet cool
Old 07-25-2007

Yu-Gi-Oh is a terrible series. Yay for Thats What She Said Productions, right guys?

OH WHOOPS WRONG FORUM

Oh wait, more post.

Of course I like Yu-Gi-Oh, but the only other dub I watch and is, sometimes, better than LittleUK's work, is Dub Piece and the rest of That's What She Said Productions' work. No script, no Golden gate Bridge, no Naruto.
Old 07-25-2007

The only Pokemon abridged I ever found worth watching was the one by Damnoranges, which was taken off youtube shortly after it's release, only to be re-uploaded...followed by the users suspension. Damn youtube. Still at least I got to watch it once or twice.
Old 07-25-2007

Blurb: I got face to personaly mess with me

the abridgeds are getting hard to find. I saw that MasakoX got baned on Youtube. Vegeta3986 did a podcast thing which it funny from what I've heard so far.
Old 07-27-2007

wow, a lot of people like sm:tas
its good, but god i hate waiting for the eps.
i think naruto and yugioh tas both r good, but yea, i do agree that naruto the abridged kinda does make its own random jokes, but at least it doesnt really copy from other abridgeds. and in my opinion, naruto and yugioh the abridged series r both number 1.
i kinda like pokemon the abridged, but 4 me its not one of the abridgeds that i can go back and rewatch.
o, and ive never even watched yugioh:gx tas yet.
Old 07-27-2007

There are just too many "Abridged Series." Come up with something original, seriously. The only reason you called it "The Abridged Series" is because you knew when people would search for LittleUK's work they'd find your's too.
Old 07-29-2007

So far Ive only seen 3 abridged series' (Yugioh, Sailor Moon, and Naruto). I LOVE the Yugioh one (obviously), and I like the Sailor Moon one too. However, the Naruto one was ok, but into the 3rd episode or something, I really got sick of the Sakura bashing so I stopped watching it.

(Im not much of a fan of Naruto, but I hate it when people start hating on the main female character. If she was a hot guy people would love her).
Old 07-29-2007

I just don't like Sakura because she's next to worthless in Part I with her obsessive-compulsive Sasuke thing. But I guess that's not what we're here to discuss is it?

I haven't seen any other Abridgeds besides Yugioh and Naruto. I might check out this Sailor Moon one, people keep talking about it.
Old 07-29-2007

Quote:
Im not much of a fan of Naruto, but I hate it when people start hating on the main female character. If she was a hot guy people would love her)
Right now, the only fandom Sakura gets is from people who fap to her pictures.

I think she needs to be a hot girl to continue.
Old 07-29-2007

Quote:
I just don't like Sakura because she's next to worthless in Part I with her obsessive-compulsive Sasuke thing.
I agree that she's a bit crazy. But I just don't like how they make fun of her so much, while the other characters aren't made fun of as much for their flaws. It just reminds me of how some fans can be so negative.

But anyways, I think I will go check out those other abridged series that were mentioned.
Old 07-29-2007

<_< Hey Sol, I've actually seen your Abridged Series before you pointed it out. It's probably my second favorite TAS (the abridged series) I've seen, the first obviously being the very original Yu-Gi-Oh. I've watched (or tried to watch) some others, including but not limited to Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Digimon, Pokemon, and Berserk. Most of them had troubles getting their voices to sound natural, and the ones that did usually had jokes that are only funny if you know the show very well (I'm looking at YOU Berserk).

Yours is pretty good though, IMO. Some of the jokes fall flat, but on the whole I've lol'd several times at most of the episodes.

Some of my interweb budz are making a Pokemon FTW (Basically another TAS, though they won't admit it >>) and I've agreed to do some of the voices and some editing and stuff. They're really excited about it, but I'm pretty skeptical. I guess I'll let you guys know if it ever comes to be. <_<

Still, nothing beats the original TAS. It came out of nowhere, which is why it's so classic if you ask me. Everything after it can't even compete.
Old 07-30-2007

Quote:
<_< Hey Sol, I've actually seen your Abridged Series before you pointed it out. It's probably my second favorite TAS
Thanks a bunch, Winnar!
Quote:
Some of my interweb budz are making a Pokemon FTW (Basically another TAS, though they won't admit it >>) and I've agreed to do some of the voices and some editing and stuff. They're really excited about it, but I'm pretty skeptical. I guess I'll let you guys know if it ever comes to be. <_<
Hey, I was really skeptical about mine as well before I started it. Of course, I don't have nearly as many viewers as LK and some other abridged series, but I still say it turned out much better than I thought it would, and I just enjoy making them. I think with time, more people may watch it, but it doesn't help that my original YouTube account got deleted so quickly. Not as many people know about my new account SolarBlade. But like I said, it's more fun just to make the episodes anyway.
Quote:
Still, nothing beats the original TAS. It came out of nowhere, which is why it's so classic if you ask me. Everything after it can't even compete.
I agree 110%
Old 07-30-2007

Send a message via AIM to Lerena Send a message via MSN to Lerena Send a message via Yahoo to Lerena

[s]There's a Sailor Moon Abridged Series? I have to check that out.[/s] I checked out Naruto the Abridged Series and I was bored to death. A few times I laughed...I laugh at Sasuke x Log. XD

EDIT: There has been a slight mis-calculation when deciding the order of Abridged Series from Funniest to Not So Funny.

1. YGO
2. Sailor Moon
3. Pokemon
4. Naruto

XDDDDD! Oh, my lord...Sailor Moon is the 2nd most funniest abridged series ever. LOL! Episode two talks about copyright infringement. I'm sorry, but that is TOO funny. XD...
Old 07-30-2007

I can't watch Naruto TAS; it makes my ears bleed. D: Maybe I'm watching the wrong one, but the only one I've found has the 12 year old pre-pubescant voices that remind me oh so much of FPS's. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

FMA TAS? :o I'll have to check that out, since I did like watching FMA so much.

And thanks for the advice Sol :D We're only doing it for the fun of doing it, but we also don't want to put another mediocre TAS out there. There are just so many, it's kind of intimidating <_<

That line in your first one cracks me up every time though. "Pikachu, you're the bomb." *ba dum pshhh* XD
Old 07-30-2007

so, any comments on yugioh gx tas??
it seems kinda boring, but then again i never gave it much of a chance...................
Old 07-30-2007

Send a message via AIM to Lerena Send a message via MSN to Lerena Send a message via Yahoo to Lerena

My natural curiosity has gotten the best of me. I think it may be time for me to get therapy. I'm watching Bible Black Origins: The Abridged Series...dude, something is WRONG with me. Only Heaven knows what that is >>;

EDIT: Well, ummmmmm...o.o; I'm not going to lie...Bakura appeared in Episode 1 for about 2 seconds...but I don't recommend watching it...>_>; I SAID I DON'T RECOMMEND WATCHING IT! The only reason I'm watching it is because there's something wrong with me! xD
Old 07-30-2007

1. Yu-Gi-Oh! TAS
2. Yu Yu Hakasho Abridged
3. Naruto TAS

I love the Yu-Gi-Oh! abridged series and YYH seems to be pretty funny. Naruto was kind of funny for awhile, but their lastest episode was kind of weak, in my opinion. I've seen a couple of the GX abridged series, up to the eleventh episode, and they're all pretty bad. The voices and diaolgue make my brain feel numb. That's why I kind of see it as a shame that LK won't be doing an abridged GX series, even though doing this one is far more important and will take long enough as it is, but he would so have better writing and acting. I may give that Salior Moon abridged series a try. I'm always in the mood for a laugh.
Closed Thread