This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007

I'm gonna head off to see the latest movie, then head over to my local Border's bookstore for the big party. How are you guys celebrating (or mourning?)
Old 07-19-2007

Nothing special really. If I have some extra cash, I might go see the movie again and then head to the release party. Then, on the weekend, I'm shutting myself off from the rest of society until I finish reading =]
Old 07-19-2007

Blurb: I got face to personaly mess with me

Well I plan on doing something like that. Once in borders I'm going to start reading manga or comenting how much I love Barty Crouch Jr and how if Crouch Senior wasn't killed he would have turned everyone into cybermen. Then see if anyone realizes that I've gotten Goblet of Fire mixed up with "Rise of the Cybermen" and "Age of Steel". Also say that Moaning Myrtle was better with her head in a paving stone.
So whos going out to Borders early to get a wrist band so they are one of the first to get the book come midnight? I'm thinking of doing that. not sure what time to show up before the store opens at 9.
Old 07-19-2007

Hah, I pretty much have the same idea as you all.
I'm heading to the Borders at the mall. I'll probably catch up on the Fruits Basket manga, or start something new, as the friends who I went with to the previous two release parties are away, leaving me alone with my little sister. Maybe hang out there, and then go to the Waldenbooks to actually pick up my reserved copy. Or I'll just get it the next day. XD
Old 07-19-2007

Not going on the internet, that's for darned sure. I'm what, 2 days away from not having been spoiled once on Harry Potter? Like many people, I might head for the movie, or just stay in so I'm fresh and bright on Saturday when the postie arrives :D
Old 07-19-2007

Sleep... :)
Old 07-19-2007

I'm so scared that I might be exposed to a pop up that leads me to where I might find the book.
I'm waiting. Like a true fan. So until I have it in my hands.... ;)
Old 07-19-2007

Me and a few friends are going to the party at Borders.
I unfortunatly didn't get to reserve a copy...;___; so I don't know when i'll actutally get to read it....But I am still going to try to have some fun. ^__^

I'm excited about the costume contest, I'm going to nerd myself out and dress up for the ball! xD
Old 07-19-2007

There isn't really a big party where i live about it, the bookshops are opening at midnight and there is some entertainment for small children... I'm 18 so it might be a bit weird if i went... I'll definitely buy it the next day though!
Old 07-19-2007

Going to the city at midnight with some neighbours. I don't know if there'll be any sort of party at OUR hick-town's bookstore, but at least we'll be able to get a copy before the big rush tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2007

midnight, not just because I've been a fan for 7 years, but when else are you gonna get a book at midnight? :p
Old 07-19-2007

I want to go to a party at a local bookstore... but I am tempted that I might let some spoilers slip like [ Hedwig dies page 56 ] or even worse [ blah blah blah... took this out. Some poor soul will read this and would have cursed themselves for doing so ]...

Still, I may end up going, and just try to do the best to contain myself.
Old 07-19-2007

Camping the shotgun.

Also possibly going to the store powered by Monster energy and waiting til midnight then getting the hell into bed and sleeping.
Old 07-20-2007

I already read the book, and I'm gone on holliday tomorrow, so I'll be spending like 2h on a bus with 80 kids (I'm leading a childrens camp) might reread it if my mom gets me a copy when I get back next week :P
Old 07-20-2007

Grabbing a random series of manga and reading through it while I listen to loud music in Borders. The loud music is to block out the spoilers that people might shout out randomly. You never know.
Old 07-20-2007

Stay home, and buy the book tommorow.
Old 07-20-2007

I'm going to a Potter madness party at midnight at a book store, for reasons that even evade me.
Old 07-20-2007

I'm going party hopping. I made a Potter themed shirt and I feel like kicking some little kid's ass at Potter trivia.
Old 07-20-2007

Going to the party in... 2 hours and secluding myself from everyone else. Also bringing my iPod in case anyone starts the whole '______ DIES!' thing.
Old 07-20-2007

I'm heading over to a giant party at Borders. They're doing a costume contest and I'm going as Trelawney. :D
Old 07-21-2007

Okay, so I went to that party. For about 20 minutes, the place was a frickin' madhouse, but by 12:25 the entire store was clear. There was a very small line at the front where I could purchase my book normally, without a reservation pass. It was pretty lame/ridiculous. :/
Closed Thread