This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2010

Blurb: I'm a random windstorm. SHAKY SHAKY!
Send a message via MSN to PoisonXLilly
Default Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Pt.1 & 2)

Anyone excited for Part.1 to come out next month...?
I know I am~!

HP_buddyicons_caught_harryherm_96x96_129322477959978420.gif
Old 10-29-2010

*raises hand*

Although I know they have to flesh out and finalize the romance, hopefully the split in the movie allows more of the secondary plots to come out. That's one of the reasons why I was disappointed in the sixth one. But even if I don't like it I'm still going to get it when it becomes available for purchase. Too much of a classic to miss out on.
Old 11-09-2010

I'm pretty excited for the movie to come out. I'm glad that they split it into two parts, it's a shame they didn't do that for the sixth one as well. I thought it was very poor, especially in comparisson to the book so hopefully this one will be better for the two seperate parts.

I feel like a child waiting for this movie to come out
Old 11-12-2010

Blurb: Eternally balancing well mannered and insane natures
Send a message via MSN to ggbhtg

Snape Kills D- Oh wait, that happened already. Silly me.
Old 11-12-2010

As someone who's grown up with and become irrevocably attached to the series, yeah, I'm really excited.
Old 11-12-2010

might b going 2 c it
Old 11-12-2010

Marshmallow

SO ...

YOU ESSITED?
Old 11-14-2010

*is already planning to see it with her friends*

...did you know that they had a premier of HP7 part 1 on the eleventh? In the USA, at least. (IN AMERICA) I didn't actually know that... >.> You had to get the tickets for it 123456789 weeks in advance, though...
Old 11-17-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Blurb: My kitties are doopy and floopy, and I love them!
Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

going to the midnight release with my boyfriend and his sister... :D
Old 11-18-2010
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

Midnight tonight!! Essited! :D
Old 11-18-2010

Blurb: Scar got de monies.
Send a message via MSN to FluffyFTW

Woop.

Can't wait.
Old 11-19-2010

Just got back from seeing the movie.

Spoilers V

Wow, what an amazing movie. I could not believe what I was seeing. Everything was perfect, except for that one ...HUUUGE bit with Peter Pettigrew. Anyone remember the Silver Hand from Goblet of Fire? Well, they ruined the whole shebang by having Dobby get 'im. Dunno if he was killed, even. Yeah, there was bloooodddd, but still.

In the book, Peter is killed by the Silver Hand. He owed Harry. How could they ruin that?! They were going on a stright path and they RUINED it.

Auugh.

How about Hedwig's death? I rather liked it. Gave Hedwig one last chance to be awesome, even though she gave Harry away. >.>" Though, the book part was better. It just showed that one misleading curse would kill them. It made the danger level and the situation they were all in...that much more dangerous. One misfire and they would die.

Who criieddd?! What parts~? I cried when Ron got in the fight with Harry and Hermione. Weird...I didn't cry at Dobby's death. Rather, felt shaken. I was seriously shaking...I knew Dobby died, it was just...the whole scene was wonderful.

The Malfoy Manor fight was amazing. I loved the part that they had with "Mudblood" on Hermione's hand. Emma Watson is such an amazing actor. Her preformance has certainly improved. That screaming sent shivers down my spine.

And what about the animation they did for The Three Brothers? I thought they might have used actors and acted out the scene, but the animation was beautiful. I loved it~! It was read amazingly by Emma, and the animation and graphics for that scene flowed so smoothly, and was so...it was georgous. It really was. I smiled to myself as Ron said "Babbity Rabbity and the Cackling Stump" and the other names. Did he list "Fountain of Fair Fortune" ...?

So, what was your favorite scene? I dunno what might might've been. It might have been either the animation with the Three Brothers, The Opening, The Ministry of Magic infiltration, or the fight scene at Malfoy Manor.

So...yes.
Do tell. =w="
Old 11-19-2010

I agree with just about everything you've said. The silver hand suicide/homocide being omitted didn't bother me too much, but I don't really see why they ended up deciding against it.

Like the fanboy that I am, I loved every part of it from start to finish. Even from an unbiased viewpoint, though, there's not much I would've changed. Almost every scene in the film played out as I'd pictured it while reading the book. The humour was great - in particular almost everything said by Rupert - which was definitely a good thing.

I was also really pleased with how they handled the locket scene - the figures of Harry and Hermione tormenting Ron were beautifully done. I just kind of wish that the 13 year old girls up the back hadn't immediately fallen into a laughing stupor everytime someone wearing less than three tracksuits appeared on-screen.

It finished with a cliffhanger, naturally, but I'm happy with where it ended - really looking forward to the bank scene, which will presumably take up most of the start of part two.

Last edited by Ohara; 11-20-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-19-2010

Yes. The humor was put really well. While the whole movie was dark and very creepy, the humor scenes were nice. They wern't "too much", like Half-Blood Prince, and they happened every now and then.
The cute little scene with Harry and Hermione dancing was really sweet. I can't remembering that being in the book, but it was a really nice touch that I really liked <3~

Ugh. Yeah. Poor Dan, he had to strip so many times in that movie x'D The Polyjuice Potion scene was awesome. It was kinda "Oh...okay...that was...odd..." when Bill announced that Mad-Eye had died. And I found it kinda funny that Warner Bros. did that line with Bill, explaining how he had got the scar. BECAUSE WB LEFT THE HUGE FIGHT OUT IN THE LAST ONE! DERP-A-HERP.

I loved the fact that they kept the "saint-like" line. I was grinning brig time.

AHHH~! The baaannkk sceneee~! I cannpt WAIT for that. ...
Or no.
I can't wait to see what they do with Snape's death. x'DDD
Old 11-19-2010

Blurb: I will crossdress for tequila.

I love da Harry Potta. :O
I cant wait to see Part 1.
Old 11-19-2010

>.>"

...When are you going to go see it...?
Old 11-20-2010

Blurb: This blurb allows me to defy the page's symmetry. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Yup. Harry Potter 7 part 1 was freaking awesome. A little different from the book in some places, but not unmanageable. There's one line, though, that really, really annoys me. In the "Three Brothers" story, when Ron bursts out with the fact that it should be midnight, not twilight, and then says "Twilight is better, though."
Really, writers. REALLY??? I get the feeling the Twihards are cackling with glee.
Old 11-20-2010

...I'm pretty sure that wasn't a Twilight reference and was just adding to what was written in the book - I thought it was fine.
Old 11-20-2010

The same thought occured to me, too. I was a bit irritated, but I'm sure they ment the setting, not a crappy fucky book.
"twilight" doesn't have to mean that crapfest.
Old 11-21-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

I really liked it! It stayed really true to the book (I have a feeling that that's partially due to the fact that J.K. Rowling is one of the producers for this one XD )
Old 11-21-2010
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

I really liked it too. :)

The part with the Harry and Hermione apparitions was awesome... but then they were suddenly naked and it took me until the second shot for me to realize it lol.

First I was like l_l??

And then I was like O_O!!

And then I was like, "Did that REALLY have to be in the movie?" lawlz
Old 11-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSallyBakura View Post
The part with the Harry and Hermione apparitions was awesome... but then they were suddenly naked and it took me until the second shot for me to realize it lol.

First I was like l_l??

And then I was like O_O!!

And then I was like, "Did that REALLY have to be in the movie?" lawlz
Hehe, I actually really liked how they didn't censor what was written in the book - and it makes sense, because it's even worse for Ron this way.
Old 11-21-2010

Yes. I loved the effects they did on their skin. I couldn't stop staring at Hermione and Harry's face when they were insulting Ron. They could've been calling him a fucktard nimrod, but I wouldn't be paying attention; I'd been too busy looking at their skin.
>_>
Old 11-21-2010

Blurb: Failing at fail since 1990

I hear they have expanded the story for the films, which does come as a surprise - I knew they'd have to include all of the book's events since they all interconnect and without one the others wouldn't make sense but I did not expect them to expand on the books. I plan on seeing it after the New Year up in Woking or Reading.
Old 11-21-2010

It was a great film. In my opinion, all of the previous films have been largely crap, because they either left out too much or kept in too much. And they didn't really know what direction it was going in. By splitting the narrative, they had the perfect balance and it gives a lot more freedom to Yates, which we can see in a lot of the fights. The fleeing from the wedding and the part when Ron comes back were exceptionally brilliant. And when they're running from the snatchers.

Tons of people have said it was like a road movie. I personally hate road movies, because there's virtually no plot, there's no relationship between the characters and audience and all the stories are just rehashed. I was worried that it would end up like that. Fortunately, it was nothing like a road movie, apart from the running from the Ministry.

As is the norm when I see a HP film, I found it difficult to see how a person who hasn't read the books would understand what the fuck was going on. There was no explanation of the spells and the changing Ministers was barely a topic. Despite this, it seems people did find it engaging and, as we all know, the focus isn't on the magic, it's more on the struggle of the kids growing up into an adult world as well as dealing with the ever overbearing threat of Voldemort.

What I also loved, and has been seen since Yates has joined, was the contrast between humour and dire situations and where they sometimes converge to create hilariously dark humour and noticeably British awkward humour. An example of that was, as you all pointed out and unnecessarily criticised, when Ron said twilight was better. Goddamn, has that pile of trash seriously infected your minds to the point that you believe an innocent and very humorous joke, made to emphasize how Ron was trying to get back on Hermione's good side, was a reference fucking Twilight?

Anyway, a great film and very well made up for the mistakes and mess of the last 6 adaptations. I actually cannot wait for Part 2.

Last edited by niknnik; 11-21-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknnik View Post
As is the norm when I see a HP film, I found it difficult to see how a person who hasn't read the books would understand what the fuck was going on.
Actually, one of the people I went to see the movie with someone who had read none of the books, didn't know the plot, and hadn't seen any of the movies, and he loved it. He wasn't confused at all. :D
Quote:
What I also loved, and has been seen since Yates has joined, was the contrast between humour and dire situations and where they sometimes converge to create hilariously dark humour and noticeably British awkward humour.
YES. it was so awesome.
Old 11-22-2010

Thank you, niknnik. What you said explained everything quite well. x'D
No, I didn't even think of Twilight the book when Ron said that. I just thought it was funny, because he was saying that his mother told him that it was "midnight", and Hermione said "twilight"
God, yes. You anti-extreme-twilighters are almost as bad as the Twitards. =/

I loved the movie. They held nothing back. They also had some lines refering to something that happened in previous books, and they didn't really explain it. I hate the fact that they try to waste time explaining things to people who have not read the books.
READ THEM, YOU LAZY IDIOTS. >( If you wanna see the movie so frikkin badly, so pick up a book and read for once in your sorry excuse for a life.
..../endrant
Old 11-22-2010

Yes, it's a shame that great books such as these are wasted like that. And then, just because they've seen the film, they don't feel they need to read the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigal View Post
Actually, one of the people I went to see the movie with someone who had read none of the books, didn't know the plot, and hadn't seen any of the movies, and he loved it. He wasn't confused at all. :D
Ah, that's good then. I always find it hard to put myself in the shoes of one who hasn't the knowledge of the books I and other fans do.

Thinking about it, the film could have flowed a lot better if they'd simply cut characters out. Such as Kingsley. Don't get me wrong, I'd love the film to feature them properly. But for they were somewhat important and I feel that if they are not going to show the characters in depth, they might as well not. Take Bill Weasley, for example. Obviously, he had to be included, because it was his wedding. But Harry speaks to him once and that's all we see of him (besides the brief shots of him at his wedding).
What also peeved me was the change in Ministers. We barely see Scrimgeour (without, might I note, showing the departure of Fudge) and then he's suddenly dead. Then we have this new Minister, the most politically powerful person in the wizarding world, controlled by Voldemort and all we see him do is chase after Harry. I know that even with splitting the film, they couldn't keep everything in. But if you're going to include something, at least explain it and give it some background.

Last edited by niknnik; 11-22-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Quote:
Ah, that's good then. I always find it hard to put myself in the shoes of one who hasn't the knowledge of the books I and other fans do.

Thinking about it, the film could have flowed a lot better if they'd simply cut characters out. Such as Kingsley. Don't get me wrong, I'd love the film to feature them properly. But for they were somewhat important and I feel that if they are not going to show the characters in depth, they might as well not. Take Bill Weasley, for example. Obviously, he had to be included, because it was his wedding. But Harry speaks to him once and that's all we see of him (besides the brief shots of him at his wedding).
What also peeved me was the change in Ministers. We barely see Scrimgeour (without, might I note, showing the departure of Fudge) and then he's suddenly dead. Then we have this new Minister, the most politically powerful person in the wizarding world, controlled by Voldemort and all we see him do is chase after Harry. I know that even with splitting the film, they couldn't keep everything in. But if you're going to include something, at least explain it and give it some background.
I agree kingsley and others feel kind of out of place because they're so passingly mentioned, but I don't really complain about the non-prominence of pius thickness because he got about the same level of attention paid him as in the books :|
James and I were actually speculating after the movie that some of the characters (like Lupin) were given as few lines as physically possible because the director didn't like the original casting. =/

speaking of Bill, I was amazed at how much he looked like fred and george, considering the actors aren't related at all.
(good for the movie, though in the book, fred and george are both stockier like charlie, as opposed to the lank that is bill, percy, and ron. ah well.)
Old 11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigal View Post
I agree kingsley and others feel kind of out of place because they're so passingly mentioned, but I don't really complain about the non-prominence of pius thickness because he got about the same level of attention paid him as in the books :|
James and I were actually speculating after the movie that some of the characters (like Lupin) were given as few lines as physically possible because the director didn't like the original casting. =/

speaking of Bill, I was amazed at how much he looked like fred and george, considering the actors aren't related at all.
(good for the movie, though in the book, fred and george are both stockier like charlie, as opposed to the lank that is bill, percy, and ron. ah well.)
Hmm, that is a thing I do admire about the series - the casting. I can't imagine anyone else playing Ron or Bellatrix or Fred and George. And, of course, Alan Rickman was born to play Snape.