This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007

i hear east of eden is incredible. I want to read it very soon.

The Forsyte Saga and The Aeneid

The First one, basically a satire on social status and things. Very odd book, but I enjoy it VERY much. The latter is difficult to read, (not much of a poetry man, and don't really know Ancient roman lingo) but is still good. Its my alternative to the Odyssey (cant spell) and the Iliad. >.> I dislike Odysseus greatly. I don't really know for sure why. I just find him annoying >.>
Old 08-18-2007

GO FORSYTE SAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently reading Women of the Pleasure Quarters by Lesley Downer, a history of the Geisha of Japan.
Old 08-18-2007

O_O somebody who's heard of it?! I randomly found Forsyte saga on a library shelf when i was bored one day, and the most interesting thing about it was that there was a coffee ring left on it. And for some reason, that enticed me enough to get it. XD

Anyway, to stay on topic Im also attempting to read "Watt" by Samuel Beckett. A brilliant man, that Beckett is.
Old 08-31-2007

I just finished Yu-Gi-Oh Volume 1 and I'm gonna get 2 ASAP. Might buy Naruto Volume 1 soon. I saw it in my local Waterstones when I got Yu-Gi-Oh.
Old 09-01-2007

The new Jeffrey Deaver book The Broken Doll, I'm not sure what to make of it but so far I'm not enjoying it as much as his other stuff. I think I just need a bit of time to sit down for a good length with it, he's not really an author that you can just sit down and read one chapter of his books before bed.
Quote:
The latter is difficult to read, (not much of a poetry man, and don't really know Ancient roman lingo) but is still good. Its my alternative to the Odyssey (cant spell) and the Iliad. >.> I dislike Odysseus greatly. I don't really know for sure why. I just find him annoying >.>
If you enjoy that type of thing try The Histories by Herodotus. It's basically an account of the Persian war but it's mixed up with myths and tall stories and it's suprisingly easy and entertaining for the subject and the time it was written.
Old 09-08-2007

'Sula' by Toni Morisson.
Old 09-09-2007

Stephen King
Old 09-09-2007

Blurb: It's everyone else who is upside down
Send a message via MSN to Feball3001

Runcible Jones and the Buried City by Ian Irvine
Charlue Bone and the Wilderness Wolf by Jenny Nimmo
Rangers Apprentice the siege of Macindam by John Flanagan
Princess Ai Volume 1 by Misaho Kujiradou
Old 10-02-2007

I'm reading "Inkheart" by Cornelia Funke. It's been a year since I've read the Ink-series so I wanted to read it again. Inkspell was kinda a letdown for me, though judging by what I've heard I think the third book will be better.
Old 10-04-2007

I Hope they serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max
Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs

I have to say; I've seen and read a lot of bizarre things in my life, but jeez, Naked Lunch might be the single most insane thing I have ever read in my entire life. It is, in my opinion, the closest thing to a work of dadaism put down as a story.

Manga wise, I've been reading D.Gray Man and Gantz. I would be reading Hellsing if it wasn't for how infrequently Hirano makes a chapter.
Old 10-08-2007

Right now i'm reading The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko, there was a film made of it that lead me to read the book. Since reading the book i've learned that the film is dwarfed in comparison, I definitely recommend it to you if you're a fan of supernatural fiction.
Old 10-10-2007

After someone mentioning The Odyssey I've now found out I actually have to read it for uni this year, huzzah. Not really because I have so much to read already. Right now I'm trying to finish the following for next week:
The Odyssey, because I have to write an essay on it for the 29th of this month.
The Master and Margarita, because I'm planning on using it for one of the books for my comparative literature essay due in sometime in November.
100 Years of Solitude, because it's assigned reading.

The Master and Margarita and 100 Years of Solitude are severely heavy reading, amazingly well written and entertaining but so confusing and dense that I keep having to re read bits just to remind myself what's going on. This is on top of a dozen or so philosophy articles I've still got to read. I'm really wondering why I thought going back to uni was a good idea.
Old 11-04-2007

I'm reading "Emotion: The Science of Sentiment" kinda random i know, but it talks about why we have our emotions and where they come from and how some emotions are specific to where you live and how some are known to everyone all over the world.
Old 11-04-2007

hi...readin the Sirens of Titan... how do u get an icon?
Old 11-04-2007

in the rt hand corner it says settings, go there and its pretty self explainitory.

what's it about?
Old 11-05-2007

.....Clive Cussler....
Old 11-05-2007

I just picked up "Hitchhiker's Guide" today, and just got done reading "I Am America" on the train ride home. Thank goodness there's light on these trains, because it got dark fast today.
Old 11-06-2007

Big Mouth and Ugly Girl for English class.
Old 11-07-2007

All of those Star Trek:TOS 40th Anniversary stories in the one compendium called Constellations; I heart The Original Series!!
Old 11-07-2007

Reading the Twilight Watch. Good read. Ughh I'mma have to go by Barnes and Noble for some new books.
Old 11-08-2007

What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson. Quite interesting I must say, and I sort of like the bibliography in the back.
Old 11-08-2007

I'm reading the series Cirque Du Freak. It's okay so far, but sometimes it can be predictable or not, which is kinda annoying for me. In America.
Old 11-13-2007

hello. right now, i'm reading a study book from a friend, morals and the media: ethics in canadian journalism. it's really good, and quite educational. i'm also reading a parody of LOTR called "bored of the rings." it's a funny. recently finished "everything i really need to know, i learned in kindergarten" by robert fulghum (not sure on the spelling of the last name). it's great. someone should read it. >.> i'm looking forward to read devil may cry by sherrilyn kenyon, i'm super excited, and pretty sure my boyfriend got it for me birthday :D i also will start the re-reading of metamorphosis by Ovid. that's all. :) thank you for reading that unnecessarily long blurb, if you did. you're awesome <3
Old 05-09-2008

skin- a.m.vrettos, this is what i did- ann dee ellis, you dont know me- David klass (fckin awesome book srsly) and freewill- chris lynch... ye weird name titles /=
Old 05-14-2008

currently reading:

Pandoras Box - a yaoi fanfic but eh w/e its good xDD
as well as bus stop = play for english

and bel canto - summer reading whoo
Old 05-15-2008

I'm re-reading my Loveless manga for the 10th time. <3
Old 05-17-2008

I've been reading Thomas Covenant The Unbeliever: Lord Foul's Bane; Research on Ancient Japan (It's good stuff), and Hamlet by Shakespeare for next year's AP Lit. Class.
Old 07-02-2008

Currently waiting for Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. ^__^ But I am writing one of my own stories in the mean time so when August 2nd rolls around I'll be reading that. Haha!
Old 07-07-2008

I just finished Watership Down by Richard Adams. Pretty good! I'm reading Pendragon: Raven Rise now.
Old 07-08-2008

I just finished The Black Dahlia. It was good, though confusing at times.