This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2010

Blurb: Bakura pwns Charizard, Charizard pwns Blaziken, Blaziken pwns all. Sorted!

I've almost finished that part. Patience is a virtue.
Old 01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litzana View Post
I've almost finished that part. Patience is a virtue.
mmhm.
Patience is for those with time to waste. ~
Old 01-27-2010

Blurb: Bakura pwns Charizard, Charizard pwns Blaziken, Blaziken pwns all. Sorted!

Perhaps.
Old 01-27-2010

"Aw... Dat Kaiba. He makes me so mad!"
"Calm down, Joey. Remember, Kaiba is supposed to be our friend."
"Friend or no, Yugi, he really gets on my nerves."
The bell rang for the beginning of class. Tristan dove into his bag for his lesson planner, then remembered he didn't have a lesson planner.
"Uh, guys? What's the first lesson?"
Kerah giggled. "What, don't you carry a planner? The first lesson is Algebra, with..." She looked at the name. "I don't know how to pronounce this..."
Yugi stood next to her, and looked. It was good that Kerah didn't have to bend down, as she and Yugi were equal height. "Oh, that's Mr. Kumaritso."
Joey blanched. "He's the worst teacher in the school! He's worse than Kaibas Blue-eyes on a bad day!"
Kerah was confused. "What's wrong with Blue-Eyes? She's my favourite card!"
Tristan laughed. "She!?"
"Yes, the Blue-Eyes is female. Didn't you know?"
The entire group burst out laughing.
"Blue-Eyes? female? Hahaha! Does Kaiba know?" Tristan guffawed as the group walked in.

Kaiba was already seated as the group walked into their class. Kerah blushed. "Is my hair alright?" She asked Ryou as she took her seat - directly in front of Kaiba.
As the rest of the class filed in, Duke Devlin - who was always the first to start a trend - waved at her. He sat and scribbled down something on a scrap of notepaper, flicking it at Kerah so it landed perfectly on her desk. She opened it. Want to go out with me? was inscribed on it in Dukes flourishing handwriting.
She blushed and looked over at him. He waved again.
"Ryou, who is that?"
Ryou looked over at Duke. "Um... That's Duke Devlin. He's... uh... Don't go out with him."
Kerah smiled. "OK. I trust you, Ryou."
"Oi! Shut up, you 'orrible lot!" The teacher had arrived, and he was in a horrible mood. He got out his register, and reeled down the names, stopping at Kerah. "I never knew Bakura had a twin. Maybe you'll be better at classwork than he is." Ryou blushed. The teacher continues, until he got to Kaiba. "Ah, our resident celebrity." And Yugi - "Two master-class Duelists in one place. I'll have no Dark Magicians or White-Eyes Blue Dragons in this class. School is for study, not playing little games."
Kerah frowned. "How dare he insult the Blue-Eyes!" She was about to get up, but Ryou placed his hand on her arm.
"Just take it, Kerah. Kumaritso insults everybody. Don't take it personally."
"Still, I'll..."
"Get out your books, class. All of you should be at the same level as our... celebrity... so you should all be able to complete the problems at the very back of the book."
Kaiba chuckled.
"And you work IN SILENCE! That goes for you, too, Kaiba!"
Kerah frowned again. That isn't fair... But she kept quiet, like Ryou had said.
About forty-five minutes into the lesson, Kerah put her hand up.
"What is it, Miss Bakura?"
"I've finished, sir."
"Well, do the questions on the next page, then."
"I've done those, too."
Kaiba looked up, and chuckled again. "Obviously, the new girl operates on a higher level than you, sir. Perhaps you should set her some harder questions. Oh, wait... You can't, because you set everyone the questions at the very back of the book. A shame."
The conversation was beginning to attract whispers from the rest of the class.
"Quiet! I told you all to work in silence! As for you, Mister Kaiba... Detention, I think, for talking back to a teacher."
"Leave him alone!" Kerah stood up, facing the teacher. "He's done nothing wrong. It's true, it was unfair that you set everybody the hardest questions in the book, just because Seto rejoined the class. You knew only he would be able to finish them. I only finished them because I've covered them before, at home!"
"Kerah..." Ryou tugged on Kerahs sleeve, trying to get her to sit back down.
"Theres no reason for you to punish Seto! He was only attempting to right your mistake! He's a good person," - Joey snickered - "And he doesn't deserve for you to punish him!"
Kaiba was taken aback. She's protecting me... Why? I don't even know her!
"If you should punish anyone, punish me!"
"Kerah..!" Bakura tugged more urgently now. There was a gleam in Mr. Kumaritsos eyes, that he only got when he was about to punish someone really badly.
"Well, then, Miss Bakura, If you insist, I will transfer Mister Kaibas punishment to you. And, I will give you an extra detention all this week, because, even if you think that you can do whatever you want in your little English school, you must learn that In this school you do not shout at your teachers!" Mr. Kumaritsos voice grew louder until he was yelling at the small girl in front of him.
"Fine. I can cope with detention. Just don't pick on the people that have done nothing wrong!"
Old 01-27-2010

Algebra in 11th grade? Wowww.
And the cliches just keep piling up.
Old 01-27-2010

Yup, I know.
And, I'll change the subject if you want. I just really hate Algebra.
Old 01-27-2010

Kerah is starting to seem even more like a mary-sue.
I'm just saying usually 11th grade is pre-calc, I think. (Algebra was 7th grade for me. I loved it haha)
Old 01-27-2010

Grah.
Old 01-27-2010

Location: In the darkest depths of your soul, where I feed on your fears and insecurities.
Blurb: Fear me, for I am one to be feared.

...needs more yuri. Other than that, it's pretty good so far. I'm interested.

And I was joking about the yuri.

Or was I?
Old 01-27-2010

hehe, some yuri or yaoi would make the story better if it doesn't involve an OC. ;P
Old 01-27-2010

Yuri? Yaoi?
(Anime noob)<---- Me
Old 01-27-2010

yuri = girl x girl relationships
yaoi = guy x guy relationships.
Old 01-27-2010

Ah, I see. What? Less childrens card games and more relationships?
"Sorry, Bakura, does not compute."
Old 01-27-2010

Most fanfics actually don't include duel monsters as a conflict/part of the plot.
Well, with Bakura it would in no way be a normal relationship.
Old 01-27-2010

True that. Unless Kisara had a relationship with YamiBakura - but that would be, like... wierd.
Old 01-27-2010

I doubt Yami Bakura would have a relationship with any of the girls from yuugiou. ever.
Old 01-27-2010

Blurb: Screw the [...] I've got [...]!

Quote:
I doubt Yami Bakura would have a relationship with any of the girls from yuugiou. ever.
I'm sure Yami Bakura would do anything that'd derive him pleasure in a body, which was something he was lacking for thousands of years. Bakura isn't all that bad looking. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. (Squick ahoy!)

OK-ish chapter this time, I'm betting your setting up for something, so I can appreciate some calm before the storm.
My advice: you don't have to make the fic about relationships if you don't want it to be about relationships. I actually enjoy Children's Card Games in fanfiction about a show/manga about Children's Card Games.
Old 01-27-2010

Location: In the darkest depths of your soul, where I feed on your fears and insecurities.

What have I done?!

I jokingly suggested that there be more yuri, and now we're talking about Bakura being in relationships.

I'm fine without the yuri. Go about your business. Continue as planned. Forget I said anything.
Old 01-28-2010

Rofl. My Kisara and Bakura would never get on, anyway.
Old 01-28-2010

Lunchtime. An almost deserted hallway.
"What was all that about, Kerah? In class?"
Kerah whirled around, startled. But it was only Ryou. "I stood up for what I believe in."
"But it landed you in Detention... on your second day.."
Kerah shrugged. "I hate injustice. That a teacher set work at the back of the book to people who - by their astonished faces - have never covered the topic is inexcusable. And then to attempt to punish the person who pointed that out - Bah! Teachers at home are better than this. If it weren't for you, Ryou, I would get on the first plane home!"
Ryou looked shocked. "But, Kerah... You just have to adjust. School here isn't so bad, really."`
Kerah harrumphed.
"Surely we should be heading to our formroom. Joey and you have a duel, remember?"
"Oh, yes. I'll beat him, though. Since I got this amulet, everything just seems so easy."
Ryou looked worriedly at the amulet and resolved to speak to Yugi as soon as possible. He knew about the Spirit hiding in his Ring - How could he not? - and attempted to coexist with it peacefully, but hot-headed Kerah was another story.
They wandered aimlessly down the corridors in the school ,in a general direction of their form room, but not in a hurry. They suffered a lot of stares and whispers - "Hey, look, it's the Bakura twins!"
Old 01-28-2010

I like how British-y Kerah sounds, heh.
I wonder what'll happen with Yugi and Kerah. I bet they're going to play a Children's Card Game. Yay! :D
Old 01-28-2010

Nah, it's Joey first. Yugi and the Pharaoh come later...
*Hint-hint last duel = Seto + Pharaoh vs YamiBakura + Kisara Tag team*
Old 01-28-2010

Heh, that sounds like an interesting climax.
Old 01-28-2010

I know. It will be, as soon as I unlock Atem and YamiBakura on my duel sim. ^^

"Ah, now you guys turn up."
Jory jumped up as Kerah and Ryou entered the formroom. Kerah was surprised to feel an odd tension that wasn't there yesterday.
Ryou felt it too. "What's the matter, everyone?"
Joey jerked a thumb over his shoulder. "Kaiba decided to hang wid us today. He said it was because he wanted to see how good a duelist you are."
"Well, I'll show him how good I am. Pick a desk, any desk. It's time for our duel."
"Oh, please." Kaiba looked up from where he was leaning casually against the wall. "I want to see how good she does under pressure, not playing on a little desk. It's not worth my time if you don't use a Duel Disk."
Kerah blushed. "Um... OK..." She dived into her bag, retrievng her Duel Disk.
Kaiba stared at it. "What have you done to that Duel Disk!?"
"Um... I customised it..."
"They weren't meant to be customised!"
Joey jumped to Kerahs defense. "Well, she already did it. Get over it, Kaiba."
Kaiba harrumphed.
"Well, Kerah, there ain't enough space for us to duel in here wid our Duel Disks, so... Wanna step outside?"
"Sure..." Kerah looked to Ryou for encouragement, and his brown eyes twinkled.
She followed Joey, Yugi, Tristan and Kaiba outside into the bright sunlight. Several people looked around as they emerged from the school.
They took up positions on one of the unused chalked-out football pitches, and a crowd began to gather.
"Wheeler's duelling Bakura!"
"Which one?"
"The new one!"
Kerah looked down for a moment. She felt the urge to slip away, to fall asleep, to forget. She felt that frequently nowadays, as if something was pushing her under. No. No! Joey is a friend!
The feeling faded away.

(Stay tuned for the epic duel of Joey and Kerah!)
Old 01-28-2010

I think you pretty much nailed Kaiba's personality there, I hope you include him more. Yay, epic duel. Playing it on your duel sim, aye (what duel sim are you using just curious)?
Old 01-28-2010

Yugioh Day of the Duelist World tournament 2005. (Bit of a long title, I know.)
Thing is, YamiBakura is only unlocked when you beat the game and can duel in the Shadow Realm, and I've only just unlocked the second tourney of 7...
But I've got his decklist, and Yamis, too, so I can enact a tagger duel on my own terms. ^^
Old 01-28-2010

Ah, for the GBA, aye? I've got a few Yu-Gi-Oh GBA games myself, but that isn't in my library, I might buy it.
Also, you can always plot the duels y'know.
[ pst, I love plotting duels. And plotting duels for other people. ]
Old 01-28-2010

Yeah, I could.. but it's funner on my Duel Sim and I get DP for it. ^^
If you want, for some of the later duels, we coud enact them over PM.
Old 01-28-2010

OK, sure.
Yeah, the duels in your fic seem a tad more realistic having a different feel then most fanfic duels, I'll give ya that.
Old 01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
OK, sure.
Yeah, the duels in your fic seem a tad more realistic having a different feel then most fanfic duels, I'll give ya that.
As realistic as a children's card game run by a multibillion dollar company that uses its own holographic dueling system created by ANOTHER multibillion dollar company can be. Yeah.