This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2010

Blurb: Screw the [...] I've got [...]!

I meant more realistic gameplay wise, not concept wise.
Old 01-28-2010

Location: In the darkest depths of your soul, where I feed on your fears and insecurities.
Blurb: Fear me, for I am one to be feared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
I meant more realistic gameplay wise, not concept wise.
Again, someone taking a joke seriously.

Yeah, most fanfics seem to shy away from duels probably because they just wouldn't be able to plot them. Wait, no, they focus on relationships. THEN comes the difficulty of plotting. Yeah. But you, you are clever. I like you already.
Old 01-28-2010

I apolgize for my utter failure in being able to detect sarcasm. I can't tell when people are being sarcastic or joking in real life either. :/
And thank you for the kind words, I appreciate that.
Old 01-28-2010

Blurb: Bakura pwns Charizard, Charizard pwns Blaziken, Blaziken pwns all. Sorted!

Joey grinned. "Ya ready ta lose, Kerah?"
Kerah felt her competitive spirit flaring up. "Bring it, Joey."
"Draw!" they both said, drawing 5 cards.
"You can go first, Kerah. I don't mind."
"Very charitable of you, Joey." Kerahs pink eyes flashed as she looked at her cards. Two-headed King Rex, Minor Goblin Official, Just Desserts, and... Yes! Blue-Eyes White Dragon! In my first hand! She drew a card. Horn of the Unicorn... Hmm...
She set Sangan. This will do to bring forth the Stone Soldier. She also set her two Trap Cards. "I end my turn. Your move."
Joey grinned while he looked at his cards. My first priority is to destroy her defensive monster, 'cos she could use it as a Tribute. So... "I summon the Alligator Swordsman, in Attack Mode!"

((Damn! I ran out of time! I'll be back on in an hour, I'll update then.))

Last edited by Litzana; 01-28-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-28-2010

Blurb: Bakura pwns Charizard, Charizard pwns Blaziken, Blaziken pwns all. Sorted!

The full Duel:

Joey grinned. "Ya ready ta lose, Kerah?"
Kerah felt her competitive spirit flaring up. "Bring it, Joey."
"Draw!" they both said, drawing 5 cards.
"You can go first, Kerah. I don't mind."
"Very charitable of you, Joey." Kerahs pink eyes flashed as she looked at her cards. Two-headed King Rex, Minor Goblin Official, Just Desserts, Sangan, and... Yes! Blue-Eyes White Dragon! In my first hand! She drew a card. Horn of the Unicorn... Hmm...
She set Sangan. This will do to bring forth the Stone Soldier. She also set her two Trap Cards. "I end my turn. Your move."
Joey grinned while he looked at his cards. My first priority is to destroy her defensive monster, 'cos she could use it as a Tribute. So... "I summon the Alligator Swordsman, in Attack Mode!"
Kerah grinned. "Just you try to attack."
"I will! Alligator Sword, attack her face-down! Alligator Slash!"
The face-down flipped up to reveal Sangan, which was destroyed with a sweep of Joeys monsters sword.
Kerah smiled again. "Just as I suspected. Sangans special ability means I can take one card from my Deck with less than 1500 Attack points and add it to my hand. Who should I pick... Ah, yes. This one." She picked out the Giant Soldier of Stone from her deck and placed it in her hand.
"I set a card- " A card materialised facedown in one of Joeys Magic Zones- "And that's it for me. Turn over."
Yugi felt good for Joey. I've never seen two people enjoy a duel so much... "It's been a while since Joey had a normal, non-competitive Duel," he said to the Pharaoh, who stood next to him.
"Yes, Yugi. And, he's handling it quite well, wouldn't you say?"
Kerah drew.
"I play one monster card in face-down position, and one other card." Horn of the Unicorn materialised facedown on the field. "I end my turn. Your move."
Joey drew. "Ha! I summon the infamous Baby Dragon to the field!" The little Dragon materialised with an immature roar.
"What's that going to do? Squeak me to death?"
Joey grinned. "Baby Dragon, attack her face-down monster!"
The Giant Soldier of Stone flipped face-up, with its sword in front of its chest. "Bad move, Joey. Stone Soldier! Repel his attack!"
The Baby Dragon was thrown back, and Joey winced as his counter lost 800 Points. "I end my turn."
Kerah drew. Stop Defense... "I set a card, and Summon the Mystical Genie of the Lamp!"
A small lamp appeared on the feild, and black smoke began to billow out and turned into La Jinn, the Genie.
"Okay, La Jinn! Destroy his Baby Dragon!"
The Baby Dragon was destroyed by a blast of fog that, only slightly hampered, billowed around Joey too.
"You lose 600 Life Points!"
Joey winced again. "You done?"
"I Set a card and that's it. Turn over."
Joey drew, and his eyes widened as he saw the card. Time Wizard! That could really turn things around... But my dragon was destroyed. Ah, well.. if it gets rid of the Stone Soldier, it's worth it. "I summon the Time Wizard!"
"No! Not that card!" Kerah looked shocked. She knew what was going to happen next.
"Time Roulette, go!" Cli-cli-cli-clic-clic-clic-click-click--click--click---click----click. "Yes! it's der time machine! Say goodbye to your monsters!"
The Time Wizard summoned a vortex that rapidly aged her monsters.
"Yer Stone Soldier's been eroded by time, and yer Genies lamp's broke!"
The Stone Soldier crumbled to nothing. The Lamp vanished in a puff of black smoke.
"Now, Time Wizard! Attack Kerah directly!" The Time Wizard attacked Kerah with a bolt of lightning from its staff. She flinched slightly. "And, now! Alligator Sword! Alligator Slash attack!" The Alligator Sword attacked her next. She stumbled back slightly as her Life Point counter counted down to 2000.
"Dat's it for me. Turn over."
Kerah drew. Yes! My illusionist Faceless Mage! If I can keep my Rex on the field for a turn, I'll be able to Summon it to defend me while I regroup. "I summon my Two-Headed King Rex, in attack position!" The enormous double-headed purple Dinosaur materialised on the field in a fountain of sparks. "Now, attack that infernal Time Wizard!"
The Dinosaur shot a fireball from each of its mouths. One consumed the Time Wizard, and one hit Joey, causing him 1100LP damage.
"No! My Time Wizard!"
"Too late for that, now." Kerah smirked, her pink eyes flashing. "Your move."
Joey smiled. "My pleasure." He drew. Another good card! "I summon the Axe Raider in Attack Mode! Destroy her Rex!"
The Axe Raider swung its mighty axe, decapitating Kerahs dinosaur in a single swing. The rex exploded in a mist of white 'confetti'. Kerahs LP decreased by 100.
"Bah! I barely felt that!"
"Yeah? Well, you'll feel this! Alligator Sword! Alligator Slash attack!"
Kerah staggered under another sword slash. Her point counter counted down to 400.
"Next turn, you lose!"
"We'll see!" Kerah drew. Acid Trap Hole... Well, that's useless. "I Set a card and end my turn," she said resignedly.
Joey whooped. "I don't need to Summon anything! Axe Raider! Cut her Life Points down to zero!"
The Axe Raider slashed at her, and dissappeared once Kerahs Life Point Counter showed 0.
She looked down, suddenly angry. Her eyes flashed blue, but she managed to control herself and push the sleepy feeling back down. She smiled.
"Well done, Joey. That was a great duel."
Old 01-28-2010

I must say, I was quite happily surprised that Kerah lost this one, and I think Joey was written very well.
Protip for Joey: If you are in a dark alley, and see Kerah with a blue-eyed glare, challenging you to a duel, politely say 'no' and run like hell.~
Old 01-28-2010

Rofl. Kerah lost 'cos I did, and I ran out of notepaper to record any more duels.
And, I didn't want a main protag that wins all the time.

Kisara now has a total evil grudge on Joey. Watch out, Joey!

(Originally, I was going to make Kerah lose control and Mind Crush Joey. ^^)
Old 01-28-2010

Yeah, that's why I said her losing is good, it creates balance. :)
And about Mind Crush Joey, well take it away Kaiba:
"Is there a mind to crush?" Kaiba snarked.
Oh Kaiba and your not liking Joey ways...
Old 01-28-2010

There are only three blue eyes cards, and Seto has them all.
Just saying.
Old 01-28-2010

^ How do you know Pegasus hasn't released more since the first episode?
Hmmmm....?
Old 01-28-2010

Because that would ruin the rarity of it and it was never mentioned in the series.
Old 01-28-2010

Ah, never underestimate the power of the British edition. ^^
Old 01-28-2010

:/
british edition..?
Old 01-28-2010

Well in GX, Dimitri mentioned having a Kaiba copy-deck, and so I assume he has a Blue-Eyes in it.
And how do you know Pegasus doesn't only operate the American version of the card game owned by Industrial Illusions, and licensed it to KaibaCorp because Pegasus and Kaiba were friends pre-Season 1 and perhaps support the funding of the virtual system. I mean if Kaiba has a theme park with Pegasus' IP (namely Blue-Eyes) he would get sued so fast, thus I assume he has licensing rights.
Therefore, Blue Eyes didn't gain another limited release in Japan because Kaiba wouldn't allow it because he regulated Duel Monsters's license there. However it could've sustained a limited release in America by Pegasus, and Kerah could've obtained an imported copy.
And because Kerah lives in the area where Pegasus owns the licensing rights to Duel Monsters, she could potentially own a Blue-Eyes.

Last edited by Yellow; 01-28-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2010

She actually has three. And Blue-eyes Ultimate.
(Same as my deck on the duel sim)
She won them from various contests. When she actually shows them, Kaiba will go mental.
(She also has a totally rare card that Kaiba's been itching to get his hands on. *Made-up*)
Old 01-28-2010

Pfft. GX doesn't count for anything.
Perhaps, but if it was released anywhere, Kaiba would be the first to know and the first to get it.

also, three, seriously? Ugh.
Old 01-28-2010

Not true. Not if it was only released in Britain, and there was only one copy.
Old 01-28-2010

No, he would not because as he mentioned in the first episode (in my sub at least) he can only have three in his deck, and thus he wouldn't be able to get it.
As well, instead of being a maniac and hunting down the multitude of copies in circulation in the Western World he could just bar they're circulation by banning I2 copies of Duel Monster's cards in his officially sanctioned tournaments.
Old 01-28-2010

How else is she supposed to sacrifice Blue-Eyes Ultimate and Red-Eyes Black Metal to Ritual Summon her rare rare rare card, Basketcat?
Old 01-28-2010

He wouldn't use it, he'd just buy it so he would know that no one else has it.
Old 01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litzana View Post
How else is she supposed to sacrifice Blue-Eyes Ultimate and Red-Eyes Black Metal to Ritual Summon her rare rare rare card, Basketcat?
I bet this rare rare card has about a million attack points and a bunch of special abilities, too, right?
Old 01-28-2010

Again, he could just bar the use of Blue-Eyes in his tournaments.
KaibaCorp Version:

Industrial Illusions Version:

The latter is banned in KaibaCorp tournaments in Japan, or International tournaments. Much like the difference between OCG vs TCG.
Old 01-28-2010

...that's just the original version and the english dub version.
Old 01-28-2010

I'm well aware, but I'm being creative, this is my wild-mass guessing theory that I made up before this fic, actually.
One is textless so Industrial Illusions can release in Europe and the Western Hemisphere without language translations, issuing effects and other misc online or in rulebooks and the other is in Japanese because Kaiba is the sole owner of the IP in Japan.
Old 01-28-2010

Mmhmm. But I'd still think Pegasus would want to maintain the rarity of the card.
Old 01-28-2010

He'd proably just do it to rattle '' Kaiba-boy's '' nerves.
Its most likely still expensive, though.
Old 01-28-2010

Maybe.
But Pegasus is dead lol.
Old 01-28-2010

Well if we are going by Manga canon where Pegasus is dead, then I suppose Yakou Tenma (of the Singapore branch, releasing Asian-English Duel Monsters under Industrial Illusions-Asia Branch) would take over as CEO, and most likely follow the idolized Pegasus's wishes.
And if died or doesn't exist in your personal canon, then I suppose Kaiba would take over as CEO of Industrial Illusions being the next regional head and owning a large share of the company (KaibaCorp's ownership of I2's IP in Japan), and thus hunt down all of the I2 version Blue Eyes and destroy them. However, Kaiba couldn't get all of the cards that way, so there has to be some slips in the cracks.
Old 01-28-2010

True. Interesting theory as well.
But still, its a little mary-sue ish that this random OC would have a sennen item, three blue eyes cards, and a "super rare card".
Old 01-28-2010

Thanks, I spent a lot of time overthinking it. ;)
Well its not just a random OC, remember that its an incarnation of Kisara.
Thus for plot purposes one would have to need a sennen item (to explain why they are there) and three blue eyes (her signature card).
As well, what's the difference between "mary sue" and "interesting". I mean who cares if a plain Jane with a crappy deck is not noticed by the entire cast and has nothing special about her. That'd be a boring fic. However an interesting Jane with a good deck that is noticed by the entire cast and has some special stuff about her makes interesting fiction.